I just switched from the Q10 to the BlackBerry passport. Awesome piece of tech. The build quality is light years ahead and the OS is much more refined than the 10.1. Its the ideal work phone.

I feel the q10 and z10 were really premature phones just like the PlayBook. But glad to have finally jump on board the Passport wagon. I think John Chen is doing a great job running BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    JoseMercedes likes this.
    12-20-14 11:54 AM
    Oh... that he is... and I am glad you are using the passport and liking it. BTW... the 10.3.1 is available for the Q10 if you want to get it, in the leaks section of OS, here.
    12-20-14 12:16 PM
    The build quality is most definitely one of my favorite things about the phone however reading all the stories about people having issues with the hardware of their phones like bending, screen popping off etc is kinda scary.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 12:42 PM
    The build quality is most definitely one of my favorite things about the phone however reading all the stories about people having issues with the hardware of their phones like bending, screen popping off etc is kinda scary.

Posted via CB10
    Wasn't it 1 person who somehow bent their phone? And it wasn't many more who had the screen lifting issue from what I've read around here. I wasn't scared at all buying my passport 3 days ago.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 04:17 PM
    I played with the Passport and saw it properly for the first time today in store.

Build quality felt solid, the appearance in real life just... stands out!

Keyboard was just beautiful. I was afraid it was going to be sloppy and buggy when it comes to the trackpad.

I was a little concerned about no shift key but the swipe down was very responsive.

What's holding me back:

* few people mentioning it's slowing down after some use
    * bending
    * loose screen
    * can't do shift and "trackpad keyboard" to select text
    * bad camera (not that I buy for that but it should be decent, at the very least not get slated)

2 years ago I would of adopted early, but BlackBerry has done a nice job of burning bridges with *some* of their customers.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 04:25 PM
    I played with the Passport and saw it properly for the first time today in store.

Keyboard was just beautiful. I was afraid it was going to be sloppy and buggy when it comes to the trackpad.

I was a little concerned about no shift key but the swipe down was very responsive.

What's holding me back:

* bending
    * loose screen
    * bad camera (not that I buy for that but it should be decent, at the very least not get slated)

2 years ago I would of adopted early, but BlackBerry has done a nice job of burning bridges with *some* of their customers.

Posted via CB10
    I think manufacturing defaults exist almost anywhere with any brands. At least they don't explode like Samsungs.

The trackpad is quite awesome on the keyboard. I am still getting used to it but I can see how efficient it is to use it to scroll on screen.

Passport as John Chen pointed out is supposed to be a "work/productivity" tool. I believe they are working on another device to be a unifying device. So wait up till mid next year if you can :-)

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 05:16 PM

What's holding me back:

* bending
    * loose screen

Posted via CB10
    Do yourself a favor and make the jump. It's such a good all-round device and it's just going to get better. The build quality is amazing and, if by chance you have the screen lift, this is defective and would be covered under your warranty. The bend thing, I'm not sure what these people are doing to their phones. I sat on mine once and I hurt my ***. And I'm not that small of a guy. The phone is solid. Stop worrying.
    And you can use the keyboard to highlight text. And I'm sure that there will be more ways to implement the more functionality.
    The camera is anything but bad. It actually takes some really great photos especially with the HD function, and even in some pretty low-light conditions. It's the full package, real deal. Do it.

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    thedose likes this.
    12-20-14 05:18 PM

What's holding me back:

* bending
    * loose screen

Posted via CB10
    You're kidding, right?
    12-20-14 05:20 PM
    You're kidding, right?
    No.
    modularblur likes this.
    12-20-14 05:21 PM
    I think manufacturing defaults exist almost anywhere with any brands. At least they don't explode like Samsungs.

The trackpad is quite awesome on the keyboard. I am still getting used to it but I can see how efficient it is to use it to scroll on screen.

Passport as John Chen pointed out is supposed to be a "work/productivity" tool. I believe they are working on another device to be a unifying device. So wait up till mid next year if you can :-)
    True, can't prevent all defects it happens.

Definitely was impressed with the track pad, just unsure of having to replace hand movement for symbols, seemed a little counter productive. I think March is supposed to be the month where we hear of a new device, may be worth holding out a little longer.
    12-20-14 05:23 PM
    No.
    Well, keep holding off then.
    12-20-14 05:34 PM
    My brother just came over and I drool when he let's me take his passport for a spin. Gonna be my next phone after the Z30.

Posted via CB10
    12-20-14 05:52 PM
    Well, keep holding off then.
    Evidently, that's what I and millions of others are doing, holding off on the new Blackberry devices.
    12-21-14 01:11 PM
    Evidently, that's what I and millions of others are doing, holding off on the new Blackberry devices.
    Wowsers... MILLIONS ?!?!?!
    (thanks for clarifying *some* from your previous post.)

Do you think I should put mine up for sale? Starting to doubt mine now...
    12-22-14 09:16 AM
    Just received my second BlackBerry Passport from shop blackberry. First one was amazon and and keyboard keys were a little loose and could hear a rattle when I touched the screen by volume keys. This one is perfect and feels like a different device. Was on the fence about returning first one but glad I did!!!

Posted via CB10
    12-22-14 10:27 AM
    I just switched from the Q10 to the BlackBerry passport. Awesome piece of tech. The build quality is light years ahead and the OS is much more refined than the 10.1. Its the ideal work phone.

I feel the q10 and z10 were really premature phones just like the PlayBook. But glad to have finally jump on board the Passport wagon. I think John Chen is doing a great job running BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    Agreed I'm on the same boat as you! Android all touch devices DID not work for me and is garbage! I use to rip my hair out and waste tons of time correcting touch typing and having to respond to emails daily, as I know I type correctly! This was the *1 thing that use to pick my ***!!!!

For business, ios android touch typing is just plain aweful! However using the BlackBerry Z30 was impressive how accurate touch typing is on board combined with the gestures is awesome! Why would you bother going back to ios or android.

The PP eliminated a touch type phone and tablet for me and actually streamlined how I use and access information! I need to access the calendar contacts for my daily grind as I need to see client appointments and file information daily and every hour! This beast of a phone phablet or whatever the category is, is one beast of a device?

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-22-14 11:28 AM