Usually I don't have battery drain problems, but when I am in areas with low data coverage my battery drains.

Posted via CB10
    05-11-16 11:46 PM
    Bb10 os has a few battery draining features like automatic stories in the pictures app and swipe to wake. Turning these off helps

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 01:13 AM
    Have used PP since launch. On my second and never got more than a day. Still love it.

Posted via CB10
    05-12-16 01:19 AM
    My PP SE easily goes through a whole day (11 hrs) and often many more hours when I'm not using it much.
    I even sometimes voluntarily omit to charge it at night so that the battery level can reach minus 20%.
    Never been out of juice, ever.

P.S: Has many stock apps plus cobalt's google play services (and a few Android Apps : Waze, Icoyote, TV streaming apps (MyCanal, Numericable) + some test junk ) installed.
    05-12-16 05:31 AM
    My PP SE easily goes through a whole day (11 hrs) and often many more hours when I'm not using it much.
    I even sometimes voluntarily omit to charge it at night so that the battery level can reach minus 20%.
    Never been out of juice, ever.

P.S: Has many stock apps plus cobalt's google play services (and a few Android Apps : Waze, Icoyote, TV streaming apps (MyCanal, Numericable) + some test junk ) installed.
    Don't put your phone in the drawer
    Superfly_FR likes this.
    05-12-16 05:40 AM
    as a matter of fact the best statement I could make is : I've never had battery issue.
    At the end of the day, this is what's meaningful to me !
    Uzi likes this.
    05-12-16 05:45 AM
    iPhone 6s Plus actually does well when it comes to electricity. iOS devices do consume little juice when idle. What I hate about iPhone isn't the battery but the fact that I probably don't get email or bbm when it is idle. That's the problem. Battery? iPhone 6/6s may well likely win or at least, even with Passport.

Posted via my beloved Passport solid black edition
    Just an FYI, I get all my email, idle or not, on my iPhone...always have. Now the BBM? No, unless I was actively in the app I didn't get anything, which is why I dumped BBM. That also happened on Android, so it's an issue with the cross platform BBM itself, not the phones idle behaviour.
    05-12-16 06:19 AM
    Running Android apps in the background will kill your battery. If you've got any Google accounts and they are set to synchronize automatically that will also kill your battery.
    05-12-16 06:33 AM
    The iPhone has a great eco system, all native apps, a constantly updated OS, of course it's gonna perform better than the passport.
    In fact even android can out run the passport on the battery life issue.
    Iphone is designed by Apple.. they know how to optimize the software to work with their hardware.

BB10 is a monster that is cobbled together QNX/BBOS/ANDROID running on generic hardware. It never had a chance of being an optimized OS. Now the Passport should get you through a day and then some, simply because it has a HUGE battery. Even so it doesn't hurt to be aware of the battery saving techniques that most all Z10 owner have had to use.... Ten tips and tricks to extend your BlackBerry Z10 battery life | CrackBerry.com I'd have everything off, location services, swipe to wake.... only real solution was to get a tablet and use it through the day.

My Droid Turbo 2 has a HUGE battery too... normal day I've got 70%-75% left. Did go a weekend... Friday, Saturday and Sunday without charging... still had 15% on Monday morning... so there is more to the Passports power consumption than just Android (might be Jelly Bean was worse than MM). Don't even bring the tablet to work with me anymore..... and I have all sorts of power hungry features on. Phone wakes if it is moved or it even detects nearby movement, have location on the GPS, it's always listen for Voice commands... love not having to worry about battery usage at all.
    05-12-16 08:19 AM
    Iphone is designed by Apple.. they know how to optimize the software to work with their hardware.

BB10 is a monster that is cobbled together QNX/BBOS/ANDROID running on generic hardware. It never had a chance of being an optimized OS. Now the Passport should get you through a day and then some, simply because it has a HUGE battery. Even so it doesn't hurt to be aware of the battery saving techniques that most all Z10 owner have had to use.... Ten tips and tricks to extend your BlackBerry Z10 battery life | CrackBerry.com I'd have everything off, location services, swipe to wake.... only real solution was to get a tablet and use it through the day.

My Droid Turbo 2 has a HUGE battery too... normal day I've got 70%-75% left. Did go a weekend... Friday, Saturday and Sunday without charging... still had 15% on Monday morning... so there is more to the Passports power consumption than just Android (might be Jelly Bean was worse than MM). Don't even bring the tablet to work with me anymore..... and I have all sorts of power hungry features on. Phone wakes if it is moved or it even detects nearby movement, have location on the GPS, it's always listen for Voice commands... love not having to worry about battery usage at all.
    I totally agree, the passport can definitely get through a day, but I'd have to sacrifice a lot, and that's definitely not acceptable for a 3000+mha battery.

I tried the iPhone and I was just shocked at how that thing could last so long with a 2000+mha battery, if you turn on battery saving, and just carry it through the day, you'd still have like 92-95% remaining. And it charges so fast.

As for my passport, 2,3 hours of Web browsing, using android apps ( light apps ,apps above 30mb lag like hell and are basically unusable)will drain nearly half of the battery, and I'm one of the lucky ones, some of my friends have to charge their Blackberrys 3-4 times a day.....while on the iPhone or android, the same things can be done with the cost of 15% battery life.

So yea, productivity can go straight up my.... a BB10 user I knew, kept saying droids kills batteries droids dump cache all over the place. Then one day he tried an MM phone, and he was like: Holy Sh!t it's like a phone from the future......

I think the tolerance with BB10 has turned many of us into cavemen...
    05-12-16 08:45 AM
    Now that i have a Nexus 5x, on my BB Z10 I removed any app (including BBM, via Sachesi), as this is my "voice call" phone. The battery now lasts AGES, I can easily get 4-5 days of standby
    05-12-16 10:07 AM
    Well my battery just went from 100% to zero in one night, with bedside mode on... The culprit seems the Amazon App Store Kindle, which doesn't get along with encryption. I won't go into a diatribe, but to me this is a problem mainly for... Amazon, since I'll be uninstalling Kindle and reconsidering my purchases of their ebooks. So far the blackberry seems to work fine without hacks, my breaking point would probably be if Google authenticator stops working. For the passport I have to decide if I can live without encryption.
    05-12-16 10:08 AM
    Might only happen once a month. Reboot everyweek and it might not happen at all.

Posted from a wireless charging Passport. Get one!
    05-12-16 10:11 AM
    I'm new to the passport (had the SE since march). One of my reasons for getting a passport was the large battery. I was sick of devices not lasting the day between charges and all I wanted is to get up and go without having to worry about the battery dying. So far it has lived up to that but it would be difficult to get 2 days out of it. It's midnight now and I have 45% but under heavy usage I've had it go into battery saving mode before the day is over. I feel the battery is a good amount and I'm of the camp where I don't understand why people need anything more than 1 day heavy usage cause you just plug it in at night and go again the next day.

The largest drain on the phone I find is android apps. Although they work better than my old Q10 they still suck the battery dry. best thing to do is try a heavy load day without running Android apps. if there is a significant difference then that's your problem and you will have to figure out a balance between android apps and battery life.

My practice is when possible to use android apps when plugged in under heavy usage which I know is a bit counter-productive to having a large battery but it's the balance I've made. One app I use lots is Google Maps in my car but I just have a car power adapter and plug the phone in when I'm using Google Maps. But I still frequently go through the day without one "boost" charge and still use android apps and make it through the day typically with 30-40% battery left like for example today.
    05-12-16 12:32 PM
    The whole "Works for me" mentality is still strong here. Doesn't really help OP though :/

Couple things:
    • Let the phone settle for a couple days
    • Android apps usually have high CPU usage on BB10
    • Network reception when using data

Other than that, it honestly depends on your usage, and only yours alone. The battery life varies for everyone here, despite many posts having "amazing" battery life. If you see though, they don't really use their device.
    05-12-16 02:19 PM
    It's good to check what's really chewing up your battery. App Ops is good enough to disable stuff/permissions you don't need for Android apps.

Customising your Hub with different settings would also affect your battery life.

Your screen's brightness, and other performance related can affect it too.

It could also be a hardware defect.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    05-12-16 02:46 PM
    I typically get about 2 to 3 days use out of my passport and I used to get around 2 days from my Z30.

Granted i'm not a heavy user, but i do use it for email, making/receiving calls, browsing the web, facebook and streaming music through amazon prime to a bluetooth speaker.

One thing I do though is close the amazon apps ( therefore android ) when i'm not using them, cos that always chewed through the battery for some reason.

cheers
    05-13-16 02:32 AM
    Well guys for me i thing it needs a reboot , you need to reboot your phone passport and leave the OS to setle one week is not that much sometimes a phone to setle needs even month ! after 50% of battery live you can turn on battery saving mode and the problem is gone! swich of some swipe to wake , lift to wake maybe! and it will be ok it has a big battery its imposible to not last even a day. Turn your signal to 3G not to 4G turn off wifi when on mobile network ETC ... It will be ok !
    05-13-16 03:47 AM
    Mobile network put on 4G uses battery much faster than anything.

I have it on 3G and nake 1-2 days depening on usage

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 04:56 AM
    My Q10 this morning came off charge at 09:49 and now at 12:51, the battery is at 93% with another 24 hours of usage predicted. This is since I put my Google accounts to manual sync and stopped all running Android processes except the Amazon app.
    05-13-16 06:53 AM
    It's been 24 hours since my last recharge, battery is at 82% with light but typical use... If it carries on like that you can take the quotation marks off the awesome for me!
    05-13-16 10:16 AM
    well its almost a week now that i got my passport. what i did is i took all the permissions from android apps to run in the background (i dont need them to run in the background anyways) also i disabled the swipe to wake (because i unlock the phone with the U key on the keyboard) and i do not have any google accounts synced on the phone, there is just 1 twitter and 1 email account. now i got through the day with 74, yes 74%!! battery left. What i did was some web browsing, checking train connections, chatting in telegram, watching a video review and anwered some emails, on 4G and wifi, yes i remembered back when i had my Q5 i turned wifi off as soon as i left my house or office, thats what i started doing again!

well as i can say, so far it looks good and i want to thank you all for your help and inputs have a nice weekend!
    brookie229 likes this.
    05-13-16 02:38 PM
    This is normal usage! 25% for 10h. Aren't u satisfied? Ur 6s plus and passport r two drastically different device, so there is some differences in them.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 05:39 PM
    My pp gives me good day of life. Out of charger around 07 and back in around 08 the next morning. Of course the battery is totally dead by 08.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 09:10 PM
    Its an awesome battery life, if you dont know How to configure the device is your problem. Not device problem

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 06:48 AM
128 1234 ...