So you didn't read the article nor the comments.

Great.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    Why would I read an article on iOS 8? Again, your post makes no sense.
    05-21-16 03:09 PM
    Why would I read an article on iOS 8? Again, your post makes no sense.

Am glad there's a portion of iOS users who are more into games and social apps. But when they use BB10, which requires a certain level of competence, it gets a bit...more challenging.

05-21-16 03:17 PM

Am glad there's a portion of iOS users who are more into games and social apps. But when they use BB10, which requires a certain level of competence, it gets a bit...more challenging.

Again, nothing you have said disputed what I said on battery life and you are just reaching for nonsense now.
    05-21-16 03:18 PM
    Again, nothing you have said disputed what I said on battery life and you are just reaching for nonsense now.
    No, you're not even understanding what makes a battery "life". Battery size is one of the many factors.

You not accounting for its background services (e.g. location service) is a clear sign of not acknowledging it chewing up battery life.

You're talking nonsense.

05-21-16 03:20 PM
    No, you're not even understanding what makes a battery "life". Battery size is one of the many factors.

You not accounting for its background services (e.g. location service) is a clear sign of not acknowledging it chewing up battery life.

You're talking nonsense.

Of course location services eats up battery life. All phones have locations services so please explain to me what you are preaching about in regards to that? BB10's background services are part of the deal. BB10 multitasks, Android multitasks, iOS multitask. They all have stuff going on in the background. And no I don't buy into your statement that BB10 has more going on in the background than the other OS's. It's nonsense and just an excuse.

My entire point was battery size is one of many factors. BB10 isn't optimized to work with a smaller battery. If a BB10 phone has a small battery then the battery life will suffer, unless you want a trade off of a dim screen or a small screen. The Passport gets decent battery life because it is huge. If it was the size of say the 6S Plus battery it wouldn't last but a few hours and there is no disputing that fact.
    05-21-16 03:47 PM
    Fact? Fact isn't a fantasy. Fact isn't about ifs. Fact isn't about what happens if...or what happens when...

Fact is when you put two things side by side and evaluate it objectively with a justified standard.

Yours isn't fact.

05-21-16 03:56 PM
    Fact? Fact isn't a fantasy. Fact isn't about ifs. Fact isn't about what happens if...or what happens when...

Fact is when you put two things side by side and evaluate it objectively with a justified standard.

Yours isn't fact.

Yeah, again you've not given me any type of argument for what I've said.

I can evaluate two phones battery life side by side in using them the same way. And I know from experience that BB10 phones need a large battery in order to survive without a trade off. That is a fact. Unless you want to tell me that if you put a 2750 mah battery in the Passport that it would last as long as does with a 3450 mah battery. It's a fact that it wouldn't. I'm not arguing that the OS's have different things going on in the background. BB10 needs to be better optimized to manage its background services and then a huge battery, dim screen, or tiny screen might not be necessary.
    05-21-16 04:10 PM
    I can also say based on my experience, it's opposite to yours.

So what? We're just talking out of our *** without any technical proof.

05-21-16 04:23 PM
    I can also say based on my experience, it's opposite to yours.

So what? We're just talking out of our *** without any technical proof.

Do you really need technical proof to know that the Passports battery wouldn't last as long if it was smaller? No, you don't.
    05-21-16 04:33 PM
    Do you really need technical proof to know that the Passports battery wouldn't last as long if it was smaller? No, you don't.
    To compare with its existing? Surely not.

To compare with other phones? Sure. And that's where your comment about iPhone came in. So yes, proof required.

05-21-16 04:58 PM
    Passport SE at&t out of box for 3 days. Battery completely drained in under 8 hours. 80% used in standby mode. Phone is slow to charge as well. Hate being told "I told ya so" by... well...everyone that says blackberry is dead.
    05-21-16 05:34 PM
    To compare with its existing? Surely not.

To compare with other phones? Sure. And that's where your comment about iPhone came in. So yes, proof required.

To compare what with other phones.

Let's make this simple. If I put a 2750 mah battery in the Passport as it is now, it will not last as long as it does with its 3450 mah battery. That's just reality. Now, tell me why I'm wrong. Actually don't, I really don't want to argue logic with you anymore.
    05-21-16 06:00 PM
    To compare what with other phones.

Let's make this simple. If I put a 2750 mah battery in the Passport as it is now, it will not last as long as it does with its 3450 mah battery. That's just reality. Now, tell me why I'm wrong. Actually don't, I really don't want to argue logic with you anymore.
    What you are saying is true! If the Battery is smaller the BlackBerry Passport will not last that long.

BUT

If any other Phone like a Samsung or even a Apple IPhone have a smaller Battery they will also not last as long as they do.

It's the Balance between Battery, OS and Performance. (Grafik Chip,...)

Or

You want to tell us if you give an other Device a smaller Battery the Phone still last as long then before?

 P A S S P O R T [ S E]  | CB App |
    05-21-16 08:34 PM
    What you are saying is true! If the Battery is smaller the BlackBerry Passport will not last that long.

BUT

If any other Phone like a Samsung or even a Apple IPhone have a smaller Battery they will also not last as long as they do.

It's the Balance between Battery, OS and Performance. (Grafik Chip,...)

Or

You want to tell us if you give an other Device a smaller Battery the Phone still last as long then before?

What I'm saying is that the iPhone 6S Plus has a smaller battery and lasts as long as the Blackberry Passport. I own both and use them both in the same way and the battery life is equal if not slightly better on the iPhone 6S Plus. What I'm saying is that if you put the same size battery that the iPhone 6S Plus has in the Passport it wouldn't come close to being as good as the iPhone 6S Plus, hence the OS isn't optimized enough for a smaller battery.

If you want to compare small batteries to small batteries, you could compare the iPhone SE to the Z10, in which the iPhone SE obliterates the Z10, even with a smaller battery, because the OS has been optimized for the battery. The iPhone SE is newer, but even comparing the iPhone 5S to the Z10, the iPhone 5S gets better battery because BB10 needs a large battery to push the pixels in a large screen. With the Z30, Blackberry used a dim screen because there was no way to get decent battery life with that phone if it would have had a screen like the Z10's. Q10, small screen, better battery life, etc.
    Last edited by donnation; 05-21-16 at 10:10 PM.
    05-21-16 08:42 PM
    Your right in your Points.

There is noting to Argue about it.

Specially the Display or the IPhone is even a bit Bigger then the Passport's?

The Battery last almost the same.

05-21-16 09:03 PM
    To get a fair comparison you would have to compare stock ios/android with stock bb10 and try do the same tasks for each device and see how long it lasts. Such a test is unrealistic however because our usage is never what's out of the box and people's needs are different.

iPhone/Android users have a different culture than BB users. I find BB users fiercely pragmatic where things like the hub and keyboards are what defines their experience where iOS/Android users have a higher demand on a greater number of apps.

I bought a passport because my needs for for a cell phone are chiefly about communication like sms/text messages/email (go figure). And if that is what a person uses their phone for BB10's integrated hub experience is going to have less demand on a battery than opening up separate apps like on iOS/Android. For the people who end up running a lot of android apps on BB10 then it's going to probably have a negative effect on battery life.

I think for those pragmatic people who use a cell phone chiefly for communication the passport or more specifically bb10 is going to have a better battery life then the same tasks in iOS/Android
    05-23-16 03:45 AM
    When you take two fully charged phones, and let it operate under its stock conditions (no new Apps, stock configuration, etc), and time it on when it goes flat, you can pretty much gauge how well it manages it's battery life based on its capacity.

It's so straightforward that am surprised no one is doing it..?

05-23-16 12:23 PM
    To get a fair comparison you would have to compare stock ios/android with stock bb10 and try do the same tasks for each device and see how long it lasts. Such a test is unrealistic however because our usage is never what's out of the box and people's needs are different.

iPhone/Android users have a different culture than BB users. I find BB users fiercely pragmatic where things like the hub and keyboards are what defines their experience where iOS/Android users have a higher demand on a greater number of apps.

I bought a passport because my needs for for a cell phone are chiefly about communication like sms/text messages/email (go figure). And if that is what a person uses their phone for BB10's integrated hub experience is going to have less demand on a battery than opening up separate apps like on iOS/Android. For the people who end up running a lot of android apps on BB10 then it's going to probably have a negative effect on battery life.

I think for those pragmatic people who use a cell phone chiefly for communication the passport or more specifically bb10 is going to have a better battery life then the same tasks in iOS/Android
    You are right. However, there are lifesaving scenarios, for example running the map app, where two phones with different OS's can be compared.
    In those scenarios, in my repeated experiments with my family's phones, when you are on a long 10 hour road trip or hiking in the mountains in a foreign country, at night, without the possibility to recharge, bb10 phones have always won against Samsung notes or galaxies or iphones of comparable release dates.
    05-23-16 12:30 PM
    hiking in the mountains in a foreign country, at night
    Are you a member of seal team six?
    05-23-16 01:39 PM
    Android sucker... same issue!!!

Posted via CB10
    05-24-16 11:30 AM
    Today, after months of heavy daily usage, the battery got down to 20%. This phone rocks!
    05-24-16 02:25 PM
    Oh, I think because I left location on...
    05-24-16 02:27 PM
    Nothing wrong with the battery life on the Passport. Plenty good. Might not be the best, but to start a thread and complain about it is ridiculous. It has good battery life, no question. If you're getting bad results with a Passport's battery, it's broken...get a replacement.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    05-24-16 02:39 PM
    Nothing wrong with the battery life on the Passport. Plenty good. Might not be the best, but to start a thread and complain about it is ridiculous. It has good battery life, no question. If you're getting bad results with a Passport's battery, it's broken...get a replacement.

Posted via BlackBerry Passport
    Or other Reason can be to many Android Apps who suck on the Battery.

 P A S S P O R T [ S E ]  | CB App |
    05-25-16 03:43 PM
    My phone is near 2 yrs old and this is my stats for yesterday. I listened and streamed from 8Tracks app from Google play store with some BBM and Whatsapp all day long with some web browsing.
    Here are my stats for 15 hrs. Very happy

The "awesome" battery life?-img_20161117_195505.png

Posted via CB10
    11-18-16 05:54 AM
128 ... 3456