Yes give it time.
    But possibly it's the android apps - and I have no experience with them...
    One piece of advice that I found on the CB forums - don't do 100% charges.... allegedly staying under that prolongs the longevity of the battery. I think someone suggested charges to about 80% FWIW...
    Also you might give your PP a rest when you sleep by putting it on airplane mode or turning it off some nights...

Good luck!

Posted via CB10
    No. That's not true. You should charge the battery to 100%.

Turn off permissions to apps, especially location and running in the background unless you use them.

Set display brightness to 40-50%. Set display timeout to 15-20 seconds.

Use dark themes in apps that have that option.

Turn off Bluetooth. You rarely need it unless you connect to your car audio system or some other audio.

Either way, you should turn everything off when you do not use them.

I can't speak for android apps. I don't use them because you cannot control their permissions.
    I removed Skype, Kindle and Amazon Store because they were spying and draining my Passport's battery.

Most android apps (not all) usually spy on you.

Having said all that, the battery consumption does depend on what you use your phone for.
    The screen (high resolution, many pixels) consumes the most. Any activity that keeps the screen on all the time will drain the battery.

Next is the power amplifier in the cellular and wi-fi transceivers.
    As mentioned by others, if you are far from the basestation and the signal is weak, both the RF receiver and the RF transmitter will be powered up at the maximum level and will consume a lot of power.

You can monitor the cellular and wi-fi network use per app and identify the culprits. Especially those android apps that upload data to the internet.
    Cracklen likes this.
    05-14-16 10:31 AM
    You removed Amazon App Store? How did you do that? I also want to remove it, because I think it will cosume my Battery Life.

BlackBerry  Passport Silver Edition  CB App
    05-14-16 12:05 PM
    No. That's not true. You should charge the battery to 100%.

Turn off permissions to apps, especially location and running in the background unless you use them.

Set display brightness to 40-50%. Set display timeout to 15-20 seconds.

Use dark themes in apps that have that option.

Turn off Bluetooth. You rarely need it unless you connect to your car audio system or some other audio.

Either way, you should turn everything off when you do not use them.

I can't speak for android apps. I don't use them because you cannot control their permissions.
    I removed Skype, Kindle and Amazon Store because they were spying and draining my Passport's battery.

Most android apps (not all) usually spy on you.

Having said all that, the battery consumption does depend on what you use your phone for.
    The screen (high resolution, many pixels) consumes the most. Any activity that keeps the screen on all the time will drain the battery.

Next is the power amplifier in the cellular and wi-fi transceivers.
    As mentioned by others, if you are far from the basestation and the signal is weak, both the RF receiver and the RF transmitter will be powered up at the maximum level and will consume a lot of power.

You can monitor the cellular and wi-fi network use per app and identify the culprits. Especially those android apps that upload data to the internet.
    thanks, i never use bluetooth or location services, and there are 2 android apps i HAVE to use as there really is no alternative to them on the blackberry world. i know google spies on you thats the reason i would never use an andrpid phone, google products or facebook :P i dont know yet how to remove the amazon app store but i try to figure that out...
    05-14-16 03:08 PM
    Not only does the BB Passport battery last long it takes minimum time to charge. Any comments?
    05-14-16 03:10 PM
    Settings/Security and Privacy/Parental Controls
    Toggle off Amazon Apps.

Please note, after this your app screens will all look differently and you will have to set your wallpaper again.

But its worth it!
    05-14-16 03:32 PM
    You removed Amazon App Store? How did you do that? I also want to remove it, because I think it will cosume my Battery Life.

I just put it out of its misery through parental controls. But you are right! You can't remove it. Somehow though, because I did not allow it any permissions during the update, it is no longer on my phone!
    I have just checked. It's not there. I am not sure how I deleted it but it's gone!
    Last edited by sorinv; 05-14-16 at 05:42 PM.
    05-14-16 05:09 PM
    Not only does the BB Passport battery last long it takes minimum time to charge. Any comments?
    I agree. I use the playbook power charger on all my devices. I have two of them.
    05-14-16 05:47 PM
    6 months in....battery life still solid but noticeably less awesome than when new...not sure whether an app or OS changes or what. Still happy with it...
    05-14-16 07:23 PM
    informative thread ! thanks OP
    05-14-16 11:28 PM
    Toggle off Amazon Apps.

Please note, after this your app screens will all look differently and you will have to set your wallpaper again.

But its worth it!
    This.
    05-14-16 11:29 PM
    I beg to differ, the iPhone has the most impressive battery in my experience, you can rock the phone for two whole days, no limiting features, no cutting corners. And it charges very fast.
    05-15-16 04:52 AM
    The fairest way to test is to take two stock phones, configured to the basic, and the same amount of email accounts and leave it to standby untouched. Then we know who has it best.

It's so hard to gauge when usage can vary so significantly.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    05-15-16 07:03 AM
    Toggle off Amazon Apps.

But its worth it!
    huh? well i guess as i don't live in the US my passport was not that "infected" by amazon, i just had the amazon appstore on it, uninstalled it and nothing changed on my homescreen
    05-15-16 08:14 AM
    I beg to differ, the iPhone has the most impressive battery in my experience, you can rock the phone for two whole days, no limiting features, no cutting corners. And it charges very fast.
    agree on that, i miss my iphone 6s battery life...
    05-15-16 08:16 AM
    The fairest way to test is to take two stock phones, configured to the basic, and the same amount of email accounts and leave it to standby untouched. Then we know who has it best.

It's so hard to gauge when usage can vary so significantly.

well i use my passport for the same things as i used my iphone 6s plus for, so you can't say its not comparable! and the iphone 6s held out 2 days without any problems even if i streamed hockey games on 4G, i cant even dream of doing that on the passport, battery would be from 100% to 0% after 1 period
    Polt likes this.
    05-15-16 08:18 AM
    well i use my passport for the same things as i used my iphone 6s plus for, so you can't say its not comparable! and the iphone 6s held out 2 days without any problems even if i streamed hockey games on 4G, i cant even dream of doing that on the passport, battery would be from 100% to 0% after 1 period
    Hahaha, totally true. BB10 users are doing everything they can to squeeze 24+ hours out of their passport, while iPhone users just rock their phones 50+ hours non stop no worries.
    They don't want to admit it,but BB10 would definitely lose the battery battle.
    05-15-16 08:56 AM
    Power management, i.e. battery life, is a whole science by itself.

I wouldn't be surprised if Apple's power management module in its Unix system is superior, but its battery capacity and other software-related resources may not be as good. But who's to say that QNX's power management is inferior? Implementation of its system matters too.

I ain't saying which is better; it's just that I don't see any objective evaluation of it, yet?

Unless it's life threatening with no battery pack, this whole battery life thing isn't exactly a critical requirement. In my opinion...

05-15-16 09:39 AM
    Hahaha, totally true. BB10 users are doing everything they can to squeeze 24+ hours out of their passport, while iPhone users just rock their phones 50+ hours non stop no worries.
    They don't want to admit it,but BB10 would definitely lose the battery battle.
    That doesn't explain all the iphones attached to walls and computers where I work. Yes, the iphones 6 plus has great battery life. But any iPhone before that one had crappy battery life. Obviously Apple's recent optimization has paid great dividends in that department.

Btw, my passport gets more than 24 hours easily.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 10:09 AM
    well its almost a week now that i got my passport. what i did is i took all the permissions from android apps to run in the background (i dont need them to run in the background anyways) also i disabled the swipe to wake (because i unlock the phone with the U key on the keyboard) and i do not have any google accounts synced on the phone, there is just 1 twitter and 1 email account. now i got through the day with 74, yes 74%!! battery left. What i did was some web browsing, checking train connections, chatting in telegram, watching a video review and anwered some emails, on 4G and wifi, yes i remembered back when i had my Q5 i turned wifi off as soon as i left my house or office, thats what i started doing again!

well as i can say, so far it looks good and i want to thank you all for your help and inputs have a nice weekend!
    How do you set up the unlock the phone feature? I looked in the shortcuts speedial set up in the settings and that option is not listed. Only lock your device is shown.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 10:39 AM
    Day four... 20% battery remaining, or about 30% in Nexus 4 terms.
    05-15-16 11:34 AM
    4 Days? Most of the Time in Stand by. My Phone only last a Day. Very Heavy User!

05-15-16 11:58 AM
    How do you set up the unlock the phone feature? I looked in the shortcuts speedial set up in the settings and that option is not listed. Only lock your device is shown.

Posted via CB10
    Go to settings, display and theres a slider called "swipe to wake" just turn that off

Or do you mean the unlock with the U key?

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 04:18 PM
    Go to settings, display and theres a slider called "swipe to wake" just turn that off

Or do you mean the unlock with the U key?

Posted via CB10
    Yeah the unlock with the U key. There is no way to unlock the device this way through the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 04:21 PM
    Yeah the unlock with the U key. There is no way to unlock the device this way through the keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    I dont see any way to disable that so i guess its enabled by default? I can unlock my passport by pressing U followed by return (enter)

Posted via CB10
    sesp9 likes this.
    05-15-16 07:31 PM
    I dont see any way to disable that so i guess its enabled by default? I can unlock my passport by pressing U followed by return (enter)

Posted via CB10
    Awesome I didn't know this and thanks for the tip

Posted via CB10
    05-15-16 08:05 PM
128 12345 ...