We know that most of the blackberry phones are un-hackable, at least in theory. I am desperately waiting for another most important security feature - blocking third party trackers from apps. Yes, its true. For a normal user, his phone getting hacked is rare. But for all of the normal users, their data is being stolen in background(for targeted ads). Almost all apps collect data in the background even when we are not using the app.

I have been using an android app called Redmorph, which acts like a firewall and actively blocks all the trackers from all the apps installed in our phone. we can see in real-time which apps are tracking us. It is like Ublock Origin extension in Firefox.

If we get this feature in future blackberry phones, it will be a huge boost to its security. Combine the trackers blocking feature with the Dtek app - it gives ultimate security for android smart phones.

DTEK app + Background Tracking gives a lot of relief to privacy focused people like me & I will be really glad to embrace such black berry phone with a whole heart.

Any comments???
    anon(10218918) likes this.
    06-20-19 03:23 PM
    You data is not being stolen at all. In fact you agreed to it when you agreed to the ToC for the phone with google and such
    Last edited by howarmat; 06-21-19 at 07:42 AM.
    Mac_Boy likes this.
    06-20-19 03:36 PM
    We know that most of the blackberry phones are un-hackable, at least in theory. I am desperately waiting for another most important security feature - blocking third party trackers from apps. Yes, its true. For a normal user, his phone getting hacked is rare. But for all of the normal users, their data is being stolen in background(for targeted ads). Almost all apps collect data in the background even when we are not using the app.

I have been using an android app called Redmorph, which acts like a firewall and actively blocks all the trackers from all the apps installed in our phone. we can see in real-time which apps are tracking us. It is like Ublock Origin extension in Firefox.

If we get this feature in future blackberry phones, it will be a huge boost to its security. Combine the trackers blocking feature with the Dtek app - it gives ultimate security for android smart phones.

DTEK app + Background Tracking gives a lot of relief to privacy focused people like me & I will be really glad to embrace such black berry phone with a whole heart.

Any comments???
    Download Blokada. Problem solved. Fully open-source and free.

https://blokada.org/index.html

It would never be permitted on an Android device that has access to the Play Store (and other Google apps) because it would violate Google's ToS. It will always remain an after-market download.
    Mac_Boy, chain13 and cyberdoggie like this.
    06-20-19 03:40 PM
    Thanks for recommending me an open source alternative. I am keeping Google away from me as far as possible, even though cant keep away completely. I brought Mi Mix 2s to install LineageOS and to make it my primary phone gradually.

The only reason I didnt but Key2 is the presence of android in it & ofcourse we cant flash BlackBerry phones to more secure OS.
    06-21-19 02:08 AM
    Google is no longer a search engine. Its no longer a revenue making corporation with ads. It has become political. I love Google products, but I am shifting to more secure and privacy friendly operating systems(like lineageOS) and open source apps.
    melhiore likes this.
    06-21-19 02:14 AM
    I would say, choose service you want to use wisely.
    Mac_Boy likes this.
    06-21-19 02:14 AM
    Google is no longer a search engine. Its no longer a revenue making corporation with ads. It has become political. I love Google products, but I am shifting to more secure and privacy friendly operating systems(like lineageOS) and open source apps.
    So you root your phone and install opensource android without gapps?
    06-21-19 02:16 AM
    Yes. Thats my idea. I have been using open source alternatives for more than 4 months now and I am satisfied with them. Now I wanna experiment my smart phone without Google services.
    06-21-19 02:34 AM
    Yes. Thats my idea. I have been using open source alternatives for more than 4 months now and I am satisfied with them. Now I wanna experiment my smart phone without Google services.
    Since almost every service apps in android need google services, but it's actually doable, if you left just by using browser version of any services you're using. You can simply use vpn to keep your ip anonymous and secure browser (Tor or something) with adtrack blocker in it.
    Mac_Boy likes this.
    06-21-19 02:50 AM
    Download Blokada. Problem solved. Fully open-source and free.

https://blokada.org/index.html

It would never be permitted on an Android device that has access to the Play Store (and other Google apps) because it would violate Google's ToS. It will always remain an after-market download.
    Hey conite.....me too using blockada but disable most of the time due to whatsapp messages not being send or downloaded...
    Do u have these issues ?
    Which DNS do u suggest to use ?
    What about black list and white list items ?
    Last edited by Aju; 06-21-19 at 08:07 AM.
    06-21-19 04:52 AM
    I live in UAE. Here VPNs are banned. So I can't use, forget about TOR. Its completely blocked. I don't do anything which govt doesn't want but still privacy matters.
    06-21-19 05:42 AM
    Blokada has so many different options. Which should I use?? Is there any detailed tutorial?
    06-21-19 05:43 AM
    I live in UAE. Here VPNs are banned. So I can't use, forget about TOR. Its completely blocked. I don't do anything which govt doesn't want but still privacy matters.
    Blokada is not a VPN.
    06-21-19 06:06 AM
    Blokada is not a VPN.
    It uses its own vpn to block adtracker that try to connect to their adserver. Blokada doesn't cut down each adtracker services in the phone directly (need root access for app to be able tondo that), but it cuts them while trying to connect to their own adserver through their vpn server. No?
    06-21-19 06:12 AM
    It uses its own vpn to block adtracker that try to connect to their adserver.
    But it is all done locally on the device itself. It wouldn't qualify as a VPN as far as the laws in the country.
    06-21-19 06:15 AM
    But it is all done locally on the device itself. It wouldn't qualify as a VPN as far as the laws in the country.
    I believe it is all done in the network traffic. I also use blokada, it block the traffic of the adtrackers while trying to connect to their adservers. The app simply notify what adtrackers has been blocked, no?

It would need root access level for an app to be able to cut down services(including adtracker) in the phone.
    06-21-19 06:21 AM
    I believe it is all done in the network traffic. I also use blokada, it block the traffic of the adtrackers while trying to connect to their adservers. The app simply notify what adtrackers has been blocked, no?

It would need root access level for an app to be able to cut down services(including adtracker) in the phone.
    "Blokada is a thin layer between the network interface (wifi or mobile) of your phone and the application/s you use. To be able to filter every outgoing traffic, it generates a local (no 3rd party service in use) VPN connection and simply blocks any requests towards the hosts defined in the blacklist filters."

No root required. That's the beauty of it.
    chain13, moosbb and cyberdoggie like this.
    06-21-19 06:25 AM
    Hey conite.....me too using blockada but disable most of the time due to whatsapp messages not being send or downloaded...
    Do u have these issues ?
    Which DNS do u suggest to use ?
    What about black list and white list items ?
    Hey conite.....can ya ?
    06-21-19 09:01 AM
    Hey conite.....can ya ?
    You can whitelist WhatsApp if it refuses to function. I don't use it, so I can't confirm.
    06-21-19 09:43 AM
    You can whitelist WhatsApp if it refuses to function. I don't use it, so I can't confirm.
    What DNS did u set ?
    06-21-19 11:28 AM
    What DNS did u set ?
    Kept it at default.
    06-21-19 11:43 AM
    Kept it at default.
    Ok thanks !
    06-22-19 08:23 AM