I've been having overheating, "freezing" and sluggishness on my Passport for the last couple of months. After thoroughly researching the problem here on the forums, I decided to follow the advice and use an autoloader after backing my device up using Ultimate Backup. I've followed all the directions to the letter, found the 10.3.3.2205 autoloader file for my PassportSQW100-1. When I ran the file, it opened a line-mode execution window, and popped up the message: "Connecting to Bootrom." The instructions said it would take about 10 minutes, then it would reboot into startup mode. I waited a good hour, and nothing happened. What have I done wrong?
    05-22-17 01:05 AM
    Try again by closing the program or try holding down the power button
    05-26-17 03:57 AM
    use the fine cable or original data cable. If you can't see the result, let's reinstall the blackberry link again for getting more result

 BlackBerry Passport SE SQW-100-4 / 10.3.3.2205
    05-26-17 04:04 AM
    @Tegar--After retrying multiple times, rechecking my connection by viewing the Passport files on my desktop, etc., I finally took your advice, gave up and just reinstalled the OS using BB Link. It solved all my problems, but Ultimate Backup created some additional ones:
    1) Many of my text messages are floating free, unlinked to their contacts.
    2) Ever since I began using BB10 4 years ago, I have been able to long press on any type of message in the hub, and if the phone number or email was not linked to a contact, it would give me the opportunity to do that. If it was linked to a contact, one of the options was View Contact. Both of those options are no longer available since I did the restore from Ultimate Backup.
    Because of the above symptoms, I suspect that Ultimate Backup clobbered the foreign key column in one or more of tables in the Contacts database during the restore. Not very reassuring.

At the end of the day, as much as I enjoy rolling up my sleeves and solving technical problems, I have a tendency to dive down the rabbit hole with a little too much abandon, and as a result I end up ignoring my business activities which put bread on the table. At this stage of the BB10 environment, with no readily available tech support, the Passport may have outlived it's usefulness for me (it hurts to say that--I truly believe it's one of the few remaining elegant solutions for portable business).
    05-30-17 01:51 AM