Dragonfly doesn't work with passport... for that matter none of the BlackBerry's will work. The support to have digital audio out through USB was added in android 5.1 and I believe the run time we have in BlackBerry is 4.2.

However the software below might work if anyone is willing to spend 9$,

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...layerpro&hl=en

One more thing... Dragonfly doesn't sound as good as it sounds in PC as the power from phone's USB is much lesser than PC.

Posted via the amazing 'Red' BlackBerry Passport
    05-08-15 06:46 PM
    Don't works with Meridian Explorer. I tried trial of this app - nice soft, lots of tweaks but this Meridian wants specific drivers.
    05-09-15 06:04 PM
    my fiio e18 works intermittently with my passport - unfortunately it does not work with my dragonfly v1.2 it lights up and is recognized but audio plays out of the built in speakers instead. dang.. disappointed.

Posted via CB10
    05-09-15 11:54 PM
    Kertong, try USB Audio Player PRO for Android it may works. Cause app distribute sound over DAC on default.
    05-10-15 05:32 AM
    Thanks everyone. I just ordered an OTG cable on ebay.
    I doubt it would work with my audioquest dragonfly,but will give it a try
    Dragonfly requires a powered USB port to work flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    You can get an OTG cable with a female micro USB port that hooks up to the phone charger to provide extra power to your USB Devices.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 05:50 AM
    I am guessing, it might work if a powered USB dac is used.

Posted via CB10
    05-10-15 06:12 AM
    Hifimediy USB sabre DAC doesn't work with Q10(10.3.2.2789). It might work if it is connected with Y-cable for additional power support.
    10-05-15 06:04 PM
    Q10 does not support USB OTG

Only fiio e17 v1 , v2 and fiio e18 work as USB DAC.

They work with z30, classic and passport.

Tried other DAC's and no chance.

Posted via CB10
    10-05-15 07:18 PM
    Can confirm that Fiio E17 works with my Passport using USB OTG.

Posted via my White Passport
    10-05-15 10:06 PM
    Sorry to resurrect this dead thread, but I thought some of you may be interested.

While I had no success getting my dragonfly v1.2 to work via USB OTG on my passport - it WORKS on the PRIV!

I was shocked that it did, but was really happy. Was 90% sure I was going back to the passport (already did once, then gave the priv another try), but... this might swing things in the opposite direction. USB OTG cable + dragonfly + my IE8 IEMs are super compact and easy to coil up for travel / portable use, but provides some awesome sound.
    12-09-15 03:12 PM
    I own a passport and I had tested with my portable amp. I wanted to have a external dac working with the passport but unable to get it to work.

I had tested with ibasso, creative E5 and oppo ha2.

Just giving you guys some heads up if you are thinking of getting the passport to work with a external dac. The only choice you are left for passport if to only use it with the line out of the phone if your want a slightly better music.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    12-09-15 04:47 PM
    I own a passport and I had tested with my portable amp. I wanted to have a external dac working with the passport but unable to get it to work.

I had tested with ibasso, creative E5 and oppo ha2.

Just giving you guys some heads up if you are thinking of getting the passport to work with a external dac. The only choice you are left for passport if to only use it with the line out of the phone if your want a slightly better music.

the fiio e18 works, though sometimes it stops working until you reboot the passport, fwiw.

12-09-15 09:37 PM
    Is the USB( USB OTG to E17) out put of the passport is always displayed as 16 -bit / 48 KHz? even original file is at 16-bit /44.1 KHz or are you using headphone out of passport to E17
    01-25-16 04:26 PM
    dragonfly black DOES NOT work
    06-18-16 10:03 PM
    Q10 does not support USB OTG

Only fiio e17 v1 , v2 and fiio e18 work as USB DAC.

They work with z30, classic and passport.

Tried other DAC's and no chance.

Posted via CB10
    If the above Fiio units work, would others model work as well? I'm considering either a super small A1 or a Topping NX2, strictly as line-out amps for starters but I'd be willing to try the usb out way. Has anyone found out more?
    01-17-17 04:06 PM
    Just randomly saw this recent (2017) post... I'm curious if anyone has tried using a dac w latest version of Neutron music player? I would think if it's possible to send the data directly via USB, Neutron should work ('output to' option or 'connection and controls'). Just ordered my first portable dac/amp, but will try myself when I get it.

Very happy to hear it worked on the priv (and hence I hope the K1).

Posted via CB10
    04-13-17 01:30 PM
    Just tried Neutron 1.94.2 on my Passport with an original DragonFly. No joy. The Passport says "USB Device Inserted", but the music still plays through the speakers. I know that the USB OTG cable is good, because it works with the DragonFly on my Kindle Fire.
    04-13-17 03:10 PM
    Tried connecting a MIDI controller and a JBL speaker via USB but it both didn't work. I guess BB10 with USB host capability only supports peripherals such as flash drives, keyboards and mice. With android, all these things worked perfectly fine.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by babyfaced assassin; 04-27-17 at 08:41 PM.
    04-20-17 04:40 AM
    Just tried Neutron 1.94.2 on my Passport with an original DragonFly. No joy. The Passport says "USB Device Inserted", but the music still plays through the speakers. I know that the USB OTG cable is good, because it works with the DragonFly on my Kindle Fire.
    Neutron just put out an update saying improved compatibility w usb dacs??

Posted via CB10
    04-25-17 07:35 PM
    @ bqik : are yiu shure about BB Classic? - that the fiio e17 v1 , v2 and fiio e18 work on the Classic?

I tried the Onkyo DAC HA-200 - together with the app: Onkyo HF Player and the USB Audio Player Pro.
    No chance at all.... and the fiio e17 v1 , v2 and fiio e18 work ?
    05-30-22 12:55 PM
    @ bqik : are yiu shure about BB Classic? - that the fiio e17 v1 , v2 and fiio e18 work on the Classic?

I tried the Onkyo DAC HA-200 - together with the app: Onkyo HF Player and the USB Audio Player Pro.
    No chance at all.... and the fiio e17 v1 , v2 and fiio e18 work ?
    This thread is VERY old - doubt you will get an answer here.
    05-30-22 03:43 PM
    I know that ! Do YOU have any information for me? -exept, that this is a very old thread? :-)
    05-30-22 03:57 PM
    I know that ! Do YOU have any information for me? -exept, that this is a very old thread? :-)
    I think you pretty much got all the information you're going to get from this forum. You'll just have to try things yourself at this point.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-30-22 04:06 PM
    Most of the people who posted in this thread 5+ years ago have long since left BlackBerry devices and this forum. That's why you probably won't get an answer here.
    05-30-22 11:33 PM
    I just bought a Fiio 18 and try this one, because someone wrote, that passport classic and annother work with Fiio 17 and 18. I,ll see.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-31-22 05:22 AM
52 123