I am having issues with my Passport's audio jack.

I have some Marshall headphones that use a detachable cable. One of the plugs is a TRRS plug and the other is a TRS (see attached photo).

Up until recently I was able to listen to music and use the headphone's built-in mic without issue.

About a week ago, however, the headphones stopped working on my Passport. I tried using it with other devices and the there was no issue so there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with the headphones.

When I switched the cable around and put the TRS plug into my BlackBerry and the TRRS plug into my headphones I was able to listen to music etc. But I couldn't use the mic feature.

I did a factory reset but the problem persisted. I have scoured forums for a solution but have come up empty handed.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.
    Attached Thumbnails Audio cable not working properly on my Passport-img_20170616_205357.jpg  
    06-16-17 11:08 PM
    Check to see if there is some lint stuck inside. You could use a toothpick to clean it out.
    It happened to me once and this fix worked like a charm.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-17 10:12 PM
    Thanks. I tried that but no dice. Is there a proper way to clean out the jack with rubbing alcohol or something?
    06-20-17 01:07 AM
    Sorry, toothpick method is the first only cleaning method I'm familiar with. I tried compressed air once, and it did a whole lot of nothing.
    Another thing I do have to say is that one way I was able to figure out that my aux port had something stuck inside was when I plugged my headphones in. I didn't get a click sound. And after I had cleaned out the port I had gotten a nice click sound again after plugging headphones in. Not sure if it will help, but if you are not getting a click sound when plugging in your headphones, it could confirm that there is something stuck inside your aux port.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-17 03:01 AM