10-19-14 12:09 AM
89 ... 234
tools
    Maybe it's the nearby tower? I thought I was having issues with LTE on my Passport, but then when I went to another area LTE showed up on my phone. Kinda weird since AT&T's coverage map shows solid LTE all around here. Is the Passport perhaps missing some AT&T LTE bands?

Posted via CB10
    All of the North America LTE bands are enabled. I have AT&T and works like a champ, but I am using my old Z10 IMEI number on my account. That was all I needed to have in place to make it work. I am in the Atlanta, GA area and I get LTE all over. My Z30 on the other hand (-5 version) did not support the band 17 which is what AT&T uses primarily. So the Z30 never worked here, but did work in south FL on occasion and from what I hear a few remote places on AT&T.

So in summary the Passport LTE will work on all of the major LTE bands in North America and it is the carrier that decides what they will send to your phone by way of the IMEI number (this was what was explained to me by an AT&T rep). However, as Bla1ze's stated is one of his articles, any IMEI from an LTE (iPhone, most android, and LTE enabled blackberry) enabled phone should work. If you are only getting 4G and you are in a known LTE service area, AT&T still has something wrong and they are not sending the LTE signal to your phone.
    10-08-14 05:03 PM
    All of the North America LTE bands are enabled. I have AT&T and works like a champ, but I am using my old Z10 IMEI number on my account. That was all I needed to have in place to make it work. I am in the Atlanta, GA area and I get LTE all over. My Z30 on the other hand (-5 version) did not support the band 17 which is what AT&T uses primarily. So the Z30 never worked here, but did work in south FL on occasion and from what I hear a few remote places on AT&T.

So in summary the Passport LTE will work on all of the major LTE bands in North America and it is the carrier that decides what they will send to your phone by way of the IMEI number (this was what was explained to me by an AT&T rep). However, as Bla1ze's stated is one of his articles, any IMEI from an LTE (iPhone, most android, and LTE enabled blackberry) enabled phone should work. If you are only getting 4G and you are in a known LTE service area, AT&T still has something wrong and they are not sending the LTE signal to your phone.
    Alright, good to know. Actually when I wasn't getting LTE, I popped in the sim card into a galaxy s4 active, and it wasn't getting LTE either so... guess I'm in a 4G only area (despite what AT&T says on their map). Not surprised, as I've only been getting about 1 bar of Verizon service on my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 05:23 PM
    I understand the work around method posted numerous places here, just pointing out that the underlying issue with Passport IMEI is not resolved, at least at my end.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 05:54 PM
    I went to an ATT store for a nano sim card coming from a Q10 which used a micro sim. I cannot get any network connection at all whatsoever!!! Not LTE, 4G, NOTHING!!! Sooooo frustrating! Its as if no sim is in it, yet in the store the ATT worker tested the nano sim on a display iphone6 plus and it worked, so its not the nano sim.

The ATT rep wasn't much help, suggesting I setup a VPN profile from home? I have no working network phone. Its a Passport that can work on WiFi with no network connection, doesn't recognize the ATT nano sim, and this is maddening. Anyone have any suggestions?
    10-18-14 06:25 PM
    I finally resolved my issue by having them activate my old 5S. I then moved that SIM to my Passport and all is well with LTE in 4 different US cities this week.

Sent from my iPhone 6 using Tapatalk
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-18-14 06:33 PM
    I went to an ATT store for a nano sim card coming from a Q10 which used a micro sim. I cannot get any network connection at all whatsoever!!! Not LTE, 4G, NOTHING!!! Sooooo frustrating! Its as if no sim is in it, yet in the store the ATT worker tested the nano sim on a display iphone6 plus and it worked, so its not the nano sim.

The ATT rep wasn't much help, suggesting I setup a VPN profile from home? I have no working network phone. Its a Passport that can work on WiFi with no network connection, doesn't recognize the ATT nano sim, and this is maddening. Anyone have any suggestions?
    I would return to an ATT company store...not dealer store and have them replace the SIM. Just need to make sure they use the IMEI from your Q10. Another rep would be in order.

Posted via CB10 on the awesome Passport
    10-18-14 06:40 PM
    So what is suggested for me? I'm on vzw. Will be going to att or tmo to get a sim. Don't have access to a imei from a phone that worked on the networks before. Suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 06:49 PM
    I noticed they used an iPad to input my device info and also scanned my Passport IMEI with a barcode scanner. But if I give them my Q10 IMEI, does that mean the Q10 could not be used again by anyone again?

I just can't believe how frustrating this is, something as simple as reading a nano sim card? ATT reps kind of poke fun at the blackberry too and just say they not that familiar with the newer blackberry devices. Also they didn't seem to think ATT was getting the passport? They were clueless.
    10-18-14 06:56 PM
    Also how is the passport with tmobile? Any problems?
    10-18-14 06:57 PM
    So what is suggested for me? I'm on vzw. Will be going to att or tmo to get a sim. Don't have access to a imei from a phone that worked on the networks before. Suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    I just did the switch today. Took all of 20 min. The wait time was longer than that.

My Passport's IMEI worked. It even registered the phone as Blackberry Passport. Here is how it went down:

Walked in with my Passport and told them I need a SIM, a plan and a number porting (Number from VZW to AT&T).
    He put my personal info into the computer, typed in the SIM#, Passport IMEI number and requested via computer the number transfer (you need your account# and password from VZW).
    Put the SIM in, rebooted the Passport...and that was it. Immediately I had LTE and the number was good to call out. It could take a little while until the number is completely ported with receiving calls.
    15 minutes later I get a text message from AT&T that the number porting was completed. Shortly thereafter I get a text from VZW on the other phone informing that this line has no valid number anymore. Oh really?

No need for dummy IMEIs, IMEIs from other phones, cut SIMs or SIMs with adapters. AT&T corporate stores have them in the back and they are free.

PS I had immediately LTE
    10-18-14 07:07 PM
    Thanks craz, I'm gonna keep my vzw number, guess I'll walk in and get myself a sim

Posted via CB10
    10-18-14 07:26 PM
    Add me to the list of those that used the Passport IMEI without issue. The employee at the corporate store showed me the screen as he provisioned the SIM. Seemed like there was an acknowledgment screen for the data plan and all of the separate services (probably to allow you to switch services on the fly if necessary) on my plan. Perhaps those that are having issues using the new IMEI got a rep that changed something during one of these steps, or AT&T made a recent change to allow the Passport to be recognized by their internal program that handles the SIM provision process.

On a side note: VVM did not show up until I called into voice-mail manually and entered my password. Afterwards, the VVM password dialogue popped up and entering the p/w caused everything associated to appear.

Posted via BBCB10PP
    10-18-14 08:50 PM
    Just changed my imei to passport. Thanks for the heads up

patmur2010 via BlackBerry Passport
    10-18-14 11:53 PM
    I'm on att LTE most of the time on the PP. But I'm in a major urban area with good coverage.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-14 12:09 AM
89 ... 234