Since I upgraded to z30 from z10 on att I haven't been successful getting LTE on items.

I thought it was a device issue... I'm in Dallas, while in Houston the other day on the z30 I had LTE

Now with the Passport, I'm still not getting LTE

This suck

Keyboard is hard to type too... not sure what will happen, fingers are hurting just by typing this coment

Not happy

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 07:47 PM
    I got mine this morning and took my sim out of my z30 and popped it right in the Passport and it went fine. I already had a nano sim from my iphone that I was using an adapter with for the Z30.

Passport on AT&T
    Be very careful using an adaptor with a BB. It's not recommend as they get stuck and cause damage to the PIN in the SIM card slot on BlackBerry's. I found out the hard after my Z10 was damaged and needed to get it fix.

Very few shops will fix a broken SIM card slot as they have to take it apart and sodder in the new part.
    09-26-14 07:54 PM
    I bought a Passport from shopblackberry the first day it came out. I had a nano sim that I used on other AT&T LTE phones, and I got AT&T LTE to work. I am finding that this phone has a harder time holding onto LTE than my z10. My Z10 was a champ. I am finding that the passport has more bars for 4G than the Passport. Anyone else seeing the same thing?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 08:16 AM
    This sounds like the same situation us Z30 owners have had for the past year on unlocked phones, which all Z30's are. I'm on AT&T and have never had LTE, even in areas where I should have been able to pull in the available LTE bands my phone had he ability to do.

It has to do with how AT&T sees the phone on their end, and mine is listed as a non-4G LTE phone, not even a smartphone.

Yesterday I went over this with customer service and she was very helpful. But the best she could do was to make some kind of change on her end that reclassified my Z30 as an LTE smartphone. Getting a dummy IMEI was impossible she said as things wouldn't be routed properly to my phone. We'll see if this makes any difference but I'm not holding out any hope.

Bottom line if you're on AT&T and want to make sure you get LTE wait until the Passport is released from them.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.3.0.1154
    09-27-14 10:27 AM
    Yay! Went into store and talked rep into using my Q10 IMEI. That worked to get LTE, but still no att address book for some reason. Good enough for me for now.

Will do.
    dcwbearsaint likes this.
    09-27-14 05:34 PM
    Att's tech support is useless. She can't look up the z10 emei. Could someone please post the EMEI for the ATT Z10?

here is one. my old one.. the rep at att would not do it

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 03:19 PM
    YES !!!! it worked !!!! finally.. 45 min on the phone with ATT.. Make sure you get tech support and have them input a KNOW Blackberry IMEI that is LTE ATT compatible. I had them use my old z10.

Customer service can do this,.. however, it wont work, it has to be done via Tech-Support
    10-07-14 02:00 PM
    Had ATT use my VZW Q10 IMEI and it worked/is working flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 02:15 PM
    One question guys....using a different IMEI number doesn't cause problems with getting service pushed to your phone properly from your carrier? Doesn't that number identify your individual phones specifically?

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.3.1.632
    10-07-14 02:55 PM
    Really encouraging to hear the AT&T Passport owners that were having problems can get LTE by doing this. Sure beats waiting for AT&T to starting selling the phone, and even then you'd have a locked device.

I took the advice here and called AT&T tech support and changed the IMEI number on my Z30 to the one on my Z10. Everything seems to be functioning ok.

Hopefully I can get AT&T LTE in those areas that my phone has the band's for. Unlike your Passports which are fully AT&T LTE compatible, mine is an unlocked Verizon branded phone so it'll be interesting to see. But I've never got LTE anywhere in the year I've had it so it was worth a try. Can always change it back if there's an issue.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.3.1.632
    10-07-14 03:55 PM
    I just took the sim from my HTC one and its working fine on lte. So I don't think it has to be a blackberry imei in their system. But what I was curious about is if anyone else's passport shows the at&t logo on bootup? Mine does? And the at&t address book configuration is an option in my settings....

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:31 PM
    I just took the sim from my HTC one and its working fine on lte. So I don't think it has to be a blackberry imei in their system. But what I was curious about is if anyone else's passport shows the at&t logo on bootup? Mine does? And the at&t address book configuration is an option in my settings....

Posted via CB10
    Mine does too, and I popped in a Gophone prepaid sim card that I activated using a friend's AT&T branded galaxy S4 active (I'm on Verizon but I wanted to try both the Passport and AT&T before deciding to switch). Getting LTE and everything seems normal.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 04:33 PM
    I just took the sim from my HTC one and its working fine on lte. So I don't think it has to be a blackberry imei in their system.
    Right. Any properly provisioned (i.e. branded) phone's IMEI should work for LTE, especially now that BIS isn't required. Do you have VVM?

But what I was curious about is if anyone else's passport shows the at&t logo on bootup? Mine does?
    The bootscreen shows the SIM's carrier logo. It's a BB10 thing.
    10-07-14 04:36 PM
    Right. Any properly provisioned (i.e. branded) phone's IMEI should work for LTE, especially now that BIS isn't required. Do you have VVM?

The bootscreen shows the SIM's carrier logo. It's a BB10 thing.
    VVM seems to work on my Passport using the Gophone sim. Never had that on VZW, must be an extra features or something... pretty neat.

Posted via CB10
    raino likes this.
    10-07-14 04:59 PM
    VVM seems to work on my Passport using the Gophone sim. Never had that on VZW, must be an extra features or something... pretty neat.
    So barring a post to the contrary, it seems like any AT&T branded LTE phone's IMEI is good enough for provisioning. And apparently it doesn't even have to be a nano SIM-taking phone's IMEI.

Makes sense because provisioning is largely the same from the carrier's end for equally capable devices, as long as BIS is not involved.
    10-07-14 07:25 PM
    On ATT with a dummy IMEI and have LTE everywhere and VVM.
    10-07-14 07:34 PM
    Got my Passport yesterday, went to the AT&T store and asked for a nano Sim for my Passport, and they gave me one (free) and put it on and sure enough, no LTE. So I told the rep if he can use my Z10 EMEI so I can have LTE, and so he did. Story short, I ended up with no LTE only 4G, no voice-mail at all and no Mobile Hot Spot. So I went today in troubleshooting mode.
    Did a backup on the Z10, then restored to the Passport then did a Security Erase on the Z10. (Do Not set up BBID on the Z10 if you already did it on the Passport) Then I bought a nano to micro SIM adapter and went to the AT&T Store, (the idea was to have back my Z10 in working order with all services in place as before). Put the nano SIM in the adapter and put it in the Z10 then told them that I wanted the phone back (the Z10) as it was before with the new SIM and with the correct EMEI and to set all services back. Had to call 611 to reactivate the Visual Voice Mail (it took about 30 minutes to kick in), all services including MHS were working, so I went home. Let it pass couple hours and then changed the SIM to the passport and Bingo, LTE, Mobile Hot Spot, and Visual Voice Mail started working after setup minutes later.

***So buy the adapter first, ask for the nano SIM and put it first (with the adapter) on your working phone. Only after you make sure it works on your existing phone then and only then you may put it on your new and shiny Passport. ***

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1154 on AT&T
    10-07-14 09:45 PM
    I'm getting lte fine using my old z10 imei. Love the new passport!

patmur2010 via BlackBerry Passport
    10-08-14 12:13 PM
    I just called AT&T and apparently the BlackBerry Passport's IMEI is good to go for LTE! Give it a try
    anon(2026370) likes this.
    10-08-14 12:31 PM
    I just called AT&T and apparently the BlackBerry Passport's IMEI is good to go for LTE! Give it a try
    Awesome, the same was reported on another thread, so hopefully it does work for those firing up new Passports.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 12:45 PM
    I think it was also reported by me at the end of that thread lol. Got excited =S
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    10-08-14 12:49 PM
    Got my Passport yesterday, went to AT&T, they gave me a nano sim, didn't do anything to the IMEI, and I'm getting LTE and was able to setup VVM also. I think they have done something in the background on this.

Posted via CB10
    aziandevil likes this.
    10-08-14 01:48 PM
    Got my Passport yesterday, went to AT&T, they gave me a nano sim, didn't do anything to the IMEI, and I'm getting LTE and was able to setup VVM also. I think they have done something in the background on this.

Posted via CB10
    Kudos to AT&T...

Posted via CB10
    aziandevil likes this.
    10-08-14 01:58 PM
    Glad this is now working for some but I can tell you the issue is not dead. My unit still only 4G and after yet another round of multiple levels of customer and technical support and I got the answer that this IMEI is not approved on ATT LTE network and that a support ticket to get technical info from BlackBerry is required before it can be authorized.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 03:29 PM
    Glad this is now working for some but I can tell you the issue is not dead. My unit still only 4G and after yet another round of multiple levels of customer and technical support and I got the answer that this IMEI is not approved on ATT LTE network and that a support ticket to get technical info from BlackBerry is required before it can be authorized.

Posted via CB10
    Maybe it's the nearby tower? I thought I was having issues with LTE on my Passport, but then when I went to another area LTE showed up on my phone. Kinda weird since AT&T's coverage map shows solid LTE all around here. Is the Passport perhaps missing some AT&T LTE bands?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 03:47 PM
89 1234