Called back and second rep has the same problem: IMEI is unrecognized manufacturer so 4G is best we can do and no address book either. Also, impossible to do a "dummy IMEI" as phone won't be let onto the network.

Guess I'll switch back to Q10 and await official release to see if problems get cleaned up.
    09-25-14 09:09 PM
    Try going to a store tomorrow, before giving up.
    lauyerman likes this.
    09-25-14 09:14 PM
    Will do.
    Try going to a store tomorrow, before giving up.
    09-25-14 09:25 PM
    Got a nice phone rep who just put in a dummy IMEI and it worked. Just call back and kill 'em with kindness. Worked for me. Got LTE. Took a long time though.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 09:25 PM
    The number actually written on the phone, its written in small print close to where you insert the sim card, thats what worked for me,
    Isn't the IMEI number located in the "About" settings? I see it under Hardware.

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3337
    09-25-14 10:18 PM
    Hmmm...so for those who did NOT have problems, any explanation as to what you did different? I want to get one to replace my Z10, so if I pop that sim into the Z10 will it just work?
    09-25-14 10:39 PM
    I am on phone with att rep now who is trying to have a higher level tech figure it out but it is not sounding good.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 11:33 PM
    This ain't making sense. Some, no problems, some all problems. What are the differences? Was everyone already on ATT and are having mixed results? I'm going to order the BBPP, and order a sim from ATT. Or should I wait till they get their shipments and buy outright from them.(Oct 1st someone was told*)

Q10SQN100-2/10.3.0.1154 - CB10
    09-26-14 06:19 AM
    Called ATT this morning and got a different rep and she told me there is no release date all she can tell me is it will be out by the end of the year. WTH AT&T???!!!!
    09-26-14 07:19 AM
    Lol, this is the only time being in the US ain't the best. Grrr

lang007 likes this.
    09-26-14 07:22 AM
    From what I read people who had SIM in another att phone that had lte prior to using it in their passport are getting LTE. If you have att provision with a new SIM you will only get 4G. This is because att is not recognizing the IMEI on the Passports from ShopBlackberry or Amazon an as LTE capable device. Some people with this issue have been lucky to get an att rep to provision their line with a dummy IMEI that att recognizes as LTE capable which resolves the issue. The rep I spoke to had no clue however.

I suspect once the passport is in att system will start getting LTE.

Posted via CB10
    donmateo likes this.
    09-26-14 09:10 AM
    Switching from Verizon to AT&T when my passport gets in. Wonder if I should switch when my passports ships, get a phone with a nano sim and LTE and then return it within 14 days and get LTE on my passport no problem.

Never been on AT&T, do you guys think that'll work?

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:21 AM
    From what I read people who had SIM in another att phone that had lte prior to using it in their passport are getting LTE. If you have att provision with a new SIM you will only get 4G. This is because att is not recognizing the IMEI on the Passports from ShopBlackberry or Amazon an as LTE capable device. Some people with this issue have been lucky to get an att rep to provision their line with a dummy IMEI that att recognizes as LTE capable which resolves the issue. The rep I spoke to had no clue however.

Posted via CB10
    Thanks for the thorough explanation! I have LTE on my Z10, so it sounds like if I just pop my Z10 sim in it should work.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 09:30 AM
    I am switching from Verizon as well but after reading this thread, I'll wait until the passport if officially released on ATT. My VZW contract is up Oct 9, so good timing for all of this. VZW has basically tossed their support for Blackberry. Need to go with a carrier that is still supporting new Blackberry phones. Looking forward to Passport!
    donmateo likes this.
    09-26-14 09:40 AM

Posted via CB10
    I got a new sim from Att and mine works fine. Rep in store got a new nano sim, entered sim number and imei number from the phone, lte turned on right away.
    09-26-14 10:54 AM
    Anyone know if atts passport would be locked or unlocked?

09-26-14 11:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 11:55 AM
    AT&T passports will definitely be locked.
    They always lock their devices

Anyone know if atts passport would be locked or unlocked?

09-26-14 12:00 PM
    AT&T passports will definitely be locked.
    They always lock their devices
    Does it matter? Can't all BlackBerry phones be unlocked for a small fee?

Posted with Passport via CB10
    09-26-14 01:53 PM
    Hey deadcowboy,

Nothing to worry, BlackBerrys are always possible to unlock with the network unlock code (MEP code)

Which you can get from some unlocking companies or your network for a fee

I can confirm that the Passport is easily unlockable as we have been unlocking Telus passports for the last 2 days, and have completed testing many other networks as well.

So yes, passports will be easy to unlock
    rcab likes this.
    09-26-14 03:43 PM

Posted via CB10
    Just tried AT&T store, no luck with LTE. He first tried brand new SIM, then a dummy IMEI, then the IMEI from my AT&T Z10. Nothing worked, not sure what else to try.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:15 PM
    Hmm, so now I'm stuck waiting for att, hmmm. Why can't a damn date be given.

09-26-14 04:20 PM
    Ok here is my fix...after getting a sim yesterday I still could not get LTE. I went to a different company store and they were great. They checked the apn code "phone" and that was good...they took the iemi number from my old Z10 and that should have done it but it did not. Then he double checked my plan and that somewhere did not have a LTE service line. He put it back to what it was when I had my Z10 and that did it.

He basically said do not change the iemi number from a working one because they will not send the lte service to the device if they do not recognize the iemi number.

Anyway, I am cooking with gas.

Now to get use to the keyboard with those special characters on the virtual row.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 05:29 PM
    Ok here is my fix...after getting a sim yesterday I still could not get LTE. I went to a different company store and they were great. They checked the apn code "phone" and that was good...they took the iemi number from my old Z10 and that should have done it but it did not. Then he double checked my plan and that somewhere did not have a LTE service line. He put it back to what it was when I had my Z10 and that did it.

He basically said do not change the iemi number from a working one because they will not send the lte service to the device if they do not recognize the iemi number.

Anyway, I am cooking with gas.

Now to get use to the keyboard with those special characters on the virtual row.

Posted via CB10
    So the LTE is disabled because the IMEI was recognized as a non-LTE phone on initial network setup? Just a simple toggle on their end? Are you using the Z10 IMEI or the PP IMEI?

09-26-14 05:35 PM
    So the LTE is disabled because the IMEI was recognized as a non-LTE phone on initial network setup? Just a simple toggle on their end? Are you using the Z10 IMEI or the PP IMEI?

Using my old Z10 IMEI

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 05:50 PM
89 1234