So my Passport arrived to day and tried to start service on ATT. After about an hour in the store they got me a nano sim but I had no LTE. Only 4G. Spent 55 minutes on the phone with BB and ATT Tier 3 tech and they decided that ATT's system does not recognize IMEI so that a dummy needed to be used. I do get LTE every now and then but my sons' iPhone 5 and HTC One M7 get 3 bars LTE in my home and I am only getting 4G. AIn't this fun?
    09-25-14 04:21 PM
    I'd take it right back to the store and make them try another device. That just doesn't sound right. My Z10 would get very dependable LTE on AT&T.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-25-14 04:43 PM
    I got mine this morning and took my sim out of my z30 and popped it right in the Passport and it went fine. I already had a nano sim from my iphone that I was using an adapter with for the Z30. I did call att a couple weeks ago and gave them the iemi number from the box of the z, don't know if that has something to do with it. But I'm getting lte at the moment. Will be traveling tomorrow so I'll get to test it more. Hope they can find the cause for you.

Passport on AT&T
    09-25-14 04:47 PM
    That's strange. I popped in my sim and got right on LTE.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:35 PM
    Had to go to store for nano sim, but got LTE right away.
    09-25-14 05:38 PM
    I just got an att sim, too. I'm only getting 4g on my Passport. Ideas? Do I need to give the a dunny imei number?
    Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 05:40 PM
    Call them up (611, technical support) and tell then it is an unlocked phone and that it is not recognized by their system as an LTE phone. They need to put in a Z10 IMEI in order reprovision the account. Hope this helps.
    CeCoQ likes this.
    09-25-14 05:53 PM
    Just got off da phone with ATT and passport should be out October 1st
    09-25-14 05:57 PM
    "I'll take that with a grain of salt please"

Posted via CB10
    JLErwin3 likes this.
    09-25-14 06:00 PM
    "I'll take that with a grain of salt please"

Posted via CB10
    You may be right. ATT is slow
    09-25-14 06:07 PM
    I just got a bunch of BS from an ATT rep. They are basically saying that they are not recognizing the phone as an LTE capable phone and are only allowing 4G service for a standard smartphone (generic). The use of a dummy IMEI number is not allowed anymore (new policy) to enable a fully capable LTE phone to work. I got some BS that the phone was not AT&T branded and would not work on their LTE network (reading between the lines....because you did not buy it from us, it will not work on our LTE service.)

I will have to go back to another store tomorrow and see if I can get a local rep to help versus a phone rep.

Go figure.
    Blacklatino likes this.
    09-25-14 06:51 PM
    I just got a bunch of BS from an ATT rep. They are basically saying that they are not recognizing the phone as an LTE capable phone and are only allowing 4G service for a standard smartphone (generic). The use of a dummy IMEI number is not allowed anymore (new policy) to enable a fully capable LTE phone to work. I got some BS that the phone was not AT&T branded and would not work on their LTE network (reading between the lines....because you did not buy it from us, it will not work on our LTE service.)

I will have to go back to another store tomorrow and see if I can get a local rep to help versus a phone rep.

Go figure.
    Sounds like att.
    I wonder if att branded passports will be crippled like the att 9900 hardblocked nfc or if att passport users get special apps like bbm without voice calling or bridge without internet.
    09-25-14 07:11 PM
    Att's tech support is useless. She can't look up the z10 emei. Could someone please post the EMEI for the ATT Z10?

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 07:15 PM
    AT&T Device releases are always on Fridays which October 1st is a Wednesday. Now Pre-orders could start then.
    09-25-14 07:22 PM
    Att told me they had nothing in their system about passport, never even heard of it...

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 07:35 PM
    Att's tech support is useless. She can't look up the z10 emei. Could someone please post the EMEI for the ATT Z10?

Posted via CB10
    I wonder if that wouldn't make a difference on my Z30 as well. I never get LTE and the AT&T system doesn't recognize my phone. I realize I don't have the main AT&T LTE bands like the Passport, but I should be able to get LTE in some cities like Phoenix which I'm near.

I do have a Z10 as well which of course it recognizes. Could I somehow input the IMEI for that and trick it into thinking I'm running a Z10 instead? Doing that wouldn't it mess with the routing of calls since it's the wrong phone ID?

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.3337
    09-25-14 07:39 PM
    The nano sim I'm using was originally in my iphone 5. I then used it in my Z30 with an adapter. My online account always showed the iphone. When I put it in the Passport I had lte without a problem. Wonder if it was due to being used in the iphone?

Passport on AT&T
    09-25-14 07:44 PM
    Does your imei number not work? The rep in the store used mine, its next to the sim card. Works fine.
    09-25-14 07:45 PM
    Mine worked fine. I was a q10 and didn't change anything.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 07:53 PM
    the number on the sim card is the ccid. I am having the same issue with just getting 4G. i had to manually connect to APN settings just to get 4G. I had to get a new sim card since my old one was a micro in a q10. i wonder if the people who just switched their sims from z10 to passport are getting lte without issues. Can anyone confirm they are getting LTE with a new nano sim card activated?
    09-25-14 07:57 PM
    Presently on tech support trying to solve LTE issue with new nano...

the number on the sim card is the ccid. I am having the same issue with just getting 4G. i had to manually connect to APN settings just to get 4G. I had to get a new sim card since my old one was a micro in a q10. i wonder if the people who just switched their sims from z10 to passport are getting lte without issues. Can anyone confirm they are getting LTE with a new nano sim card activated?
    09-25-14 08:27 PM
    Presently on tech support trying to solve LTE issue with new nano...
    Please, please update with the results.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 08:30 PM
    1. She tried to get info from high level support, they said try google
    2. She can't find info on google, high level tells her to tell me to call blackberry
    3. She gave me the wrong number and my box with the 30 day number it came with is at office
    4. I've learned my lesson about unlocked phones on AT&T

Please, please update with the results.

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 08:35 PM
    And of course at&t address book is also incompatible with passport.

I get it, T, "don't buy unlocked."
    09-25-14 08:43 PM
    The number actually written on the phone, its written in small print close to where you insert the sim card, thats what worked for me,
    09-25-14 08:44 PM
89 123 ...