02-21-15 10:49 PM
37 12
tools
    My experience, I got off work earlier today and went to my local AT&T store (a corporate store)
    No signs, boards, props, nothing about the launch (expected - when will BB learn???)

Asked an associate for the new BlackBerry phones and he walked me to the back of the store.
    There they were - in all their glory... the Classic and the Passport.
    He knew nothing about them. Did not even know about it until his local manager was using one this morning.
    He had no idea how to use them and confessed that he had not seen a BlackBerry at the store in over a year.
    He also said that he thought they had gone out of business and that it was a surprised for him...

I took the advantage to touch, feel and use a Classic & a Passport for the first time - YESSS!!! Also, took the boy to school.
    I showed him my Z30 and as I was discovering the awesomeness of the Passport & Classic, I was giving this associate a small class that he will never forget. We talked for 30 minutes and he said he was VERY IMPRESSED.
    I challenged him - to ask for one to use for his work number for a few weeks but warned him - he would become a convert!
    Showed him what a business phone is all about, what it does and is capable of... and he admitted - AT&T did not provide their sales people with any training on the phones prior to this. He really thanked me for showing him how to use one and was definitely impressed. (I told him I wasn't buying one, just wanted to see them, but he stayed with me the whole time)

Don't have the money to get one... will surely begin to see what I can do?!?!? ... but left the store feeling very good.
    02-20-15 09:46 PM
    ATT Blackberry Passport fail-img_20150221_092707.png

Boohoo. Can't even play with one. The classic was nice though

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 09:28 AM
    ATT Blackberry Passport fail-img_20150221_071506.png

#BBATTFAIL

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:16 AM
    No PP in Pittsburgh. Classics are widely available.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 02:52 PM
    Passport showing Out of stock on the website.
    Blackberry Passport -- AT&T
    02-21-15 02:55 PM
    I went in specifically to caress a Passport at the AT&T store in Wheaton, IL. It's a fairly busy small town and they had both the Passport and Classic on display and turned on. I talked to the sales person for about 15 minutes and she knew a little about them but said I was the first person since they came in to even ask about them. She did not know the keyboard was capacitive and was really impressed by that. I don't get the impression these phones are going to do much business though. I thought the phone itself was a little wide for me but a seriously impressive piece of engineering. Should be winning awards even if it doesn't sell much.
    02-21-15 03:03 PM
    I finally got my passport. Last one they had in the store and had to travel 45 minutes to get one haha. It's a great device and seriously the keyboard takes no getting used to. Started typing on it the same as I would with any BlackBerry within the first 5 minutes.
    02-21-15 04:23 PM
    Local corporate store in Salem nh has no idea when they will have stock or even a floor model. None in and around Boston either. Pretty sad they don't have inventory for every store.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    02-21-15 04:34 PM
    I agree. Even in my two minute demo in the store, it was very easy.
    02-21-15 04:50 PM
    Saw pp and classic at att store at Broadway and 8th street today, didn't bother to ask if they had any to sell...just waiting for verizon launch of the classic next week I hope. At least they are on display, curved Passport looks and feels great. Classic feels great too.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 05:55 PM
    I just went to an AT&T store and they had both the Passport and Classic on display, but neither of them were charged... They both just had a blinking red light and the Classic was stuck in a boot cycle. And to top it all off, they didn't care to capitalize the second B in "BlackBerry" on the display... Of course, the iPhone 5s right next to it was working perfectly normal.

I didn't want to even speak to the reps. I could have waited in line, but instead I just walked out the door. Maybe I'll go back another day. This is a very lackluster attempt to these sell phones. I'm very disappointed.
    02-21-15 06:23 PM
    8 passport and two classics this morning in Huntington park. Closest att in los angeles to me. Make that 7 passports as I took one.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 10:49 PM
37 12