Yea but they wont be passport compatible

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk
    10-01-14 01:20 AM
    Has anyone tested third party earphones with the Passport? I can't seem to get the volume buttons on mine to work.

BlackBerry Passport signed.
    10-01-14 02:43 AM
    Can any PP owner determine what material the camera lens cover is made of, glass or plastic? I tried using my Q10 without a protective case and ended up denting the plastic lens cover when i put it in my pocket with some keys. Camera couldn't focus until I replaced the cover. Thanks much for your input.
    10-01-14 04:10 AM
    Can any PP owner determine what material the camera lens cover is made of, glass or plastic? I tried using my Q10 without a protective case and ended up denting the plastic lens cover when i put it in my pocket with some keys. Camera couldn't focus until I replaced the cover. Thanks much for your input.
    I'm not sure, it looks like glass. It should be noted though that the steel/aluminium circle around the lens actually separates the lens cover. What I mean is that when you look at the back of the device, you can see a rectangular piece of glass. This is in fact two pieces, one rectangular with a hole and inserted in the hole is a circle of metal with another piece of glass in that circle.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1052 O2 UK
    tavla likes this.
    10-01-14 05:05 AM
    Thanks guys appreciate it!!!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:47 AM
    Okay! This is a real question: I'm ordering the passport Saturday from Amazon or BlackBerry, depending on which site will have it back in stock, and I want to know if the phone being unlock off the connectivity and bands and stuff like that. I mean, if I insert a T-Mobile sim into it, would my phone still be 4g Compatible, or am I limited to 2g or something. This may sound like a dumb questions to you tech savy guys, but I only ask because my mother ordered an unlocked phone from the Internet. Her phone was only able to get 2g at most and her Google Play store would not work.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:47 AM
    Just fyi Pokerstars. Net is play money games only. Pokerstars. Com is real money just in case anyone wanted to know

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:48 AM
    How does it feel like having the passport in your pocket?
    Good question. Wondering about medium tight Jeans front and rear pocket myself.
    10-01-14 06:56 AM
    Tight jeans are a bit awkward. Have to take it out when sitting down. But you want this device out in view all the time anyway!

10-01-14 07:00 AM
    Attachment 302026
    Attachment 302027
    Attachment 302028

Seems to work fine, not sure if that chat box in the bottom right looks normal.

Posted via CB10
    Did you download that from amazon or snap? When I look up Pokerstars in snap it says in the description that real money games aren't allowed on Google play store

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:26 AM
    K so with the removal of the micro hdmi port on the passport, my understanding is that we now have a micro USB charging port that has this integrated into it. The trouble that I am having is how the heck do I hook the passport up to my TV, I ordered a hdmi to micro USB cable and tried it several times last night and nothing worked. I'm a bit stumped here. Help!

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:49 AM
    Did you download that from amazon or snap? When I look up Pokerstars in snap it says in the description that real money games aren't allowed on Google play store

Posted via CB10
    I went to pokerstars.com clicked mobile, then clicked the android logo.

Posted via CB10
    arfin likes this.
    10-01-14 07:50 AM
    Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:50 AM
    I haven't had a chance to read every post,so if this is asked b4 link me to the post.
    In advanced interactions when "flip to save power" is on. If you place the device face down for about 5 mins then pick it up does the "swipe to unlock" still work?

I've noticed this behavior on my z10 with 10.3.0.1154 curious to see if this happens with the passport.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:52 AM
    HDMI out: you need a special adapter called Slimport, not just a cable!

Flip to save power: no issues with unlocking the phone for me (but I turned on lift to wake as well).

10-01-14 07:55 AM
    Sometimes I'd have take a photo of an 8.5" x 11" page document, In other wards to scan a document and send it to my email. Other rectangular phones covers the entire page document. My question is, does the PP's square size interfere when the photo of a rectangular object? In terms of covering the entire area of a page document. Does it even matter?
    10-01-14 09:30 AM
    There are several native apps that can actually scan pages/text for you and convert them to PDF. Much more useful than a picture! But you can adjust the aspect ratio to 16:9 as well to take rectangular pics.

10-01-14 10:15 AM
    Yes I am aware of scanner apps, as I use my iPod for such things but don't always carry it with me at work. As I still use a Bold, taking a picture is the option I have as far as my phone. Good to know they are native apps on the Passport that can scan documents at 16:9, thank you.
    10-01-14 10:48 AM
    Does Blend work even without having IPv6?

Check out my photography channel
    10-01-14 11:05 AM
    Yeah, we want to be able to bind single key letters to app launches, not have to type out the whole word.
    I'm still reading the thread, not sure if someone answered you but rumors it's coming in 10.3.1, There's a picture of the classic phone showing the capability
    VeryBumpy likes this.
    10-01-14 12:31 PM
    I just got my passport, can fellow users tell me if there is a way to delete all files in a folder? I am trying to delete a thousand images I accidentally transferred from the device switch app.

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 05:14 PM
    I just got my passport, can fellow users tell me if there is a way to delete all files in a folder? I am trying to delete a thousand images I accidentally transferred from the device switch app.

Posted via CB10
    Connect to your PC and remove them from there?

BlackBerry Passport signed @ C0007CC89
    10-01-14 05:39 PM
    Okay! This is a real question: I'm ordering the passport Saturday from Amazon or BlackBerry, depending on which site will have it back in stock, and I want to know if the phone being unlock off the connectivity and bands and stuff like that. I mean, if I insert a T-Mobile sim into it, would my phone still be 4g Compatible, or am I limited to 2g or something. This may sound like a dumb questions to you tech savy guys, but I only ask because my mother ordered an unlocked phone from the Internet. Her phone was only able to get 2g at most and her Google Play store would not work.

Posted via CB10
    The passport will work on tmobile and will be able to get 4g and lte if tmobile has lte
    10-01-14 06:26 PM
    I'm still reading the thread, not sure if someone answered you but rumors it's coming in 10.3.1, There's a picture of the classic phone showing the capability
    Yes it will have it in 10.3.1. You can try now because beta sdk is out
    10-01-14 06:27 PM
    Just went to my local best buy and tried two of the hdmi adapters and both did not work can some one provide me with a model number for the one they use pls. curious why this is such a task to get this to work

Posted via CB10
    10-01-14 07:19 PM
616 ... 1718192021 ...