About the camera...

Here's something BlackBerry might think about changing: When you're getting ready to take a picture and the software detects a face, it offers you the option of using Time Shift mode. This, however, is done the same way as on other BB10 phones; a temporary banner across the top of the screen. If you're holding the phone in both hands, as is normal when taking a picture, you'll probably have to reach up with the thumb to tap the Time Shift banner, and you have to do it quickly, since it goes away after a couple of seconds. But that's a long reach for your thumb on the Passport, as it must also be on the Z30. They could think about putting that banner at the bottom.

Better yet, they could think about giving us keyboard shortcuts for shooting modes: T for time shift; H for HDR; N for night; etc.
    Jdane07 likes this.
    09-29-14 08:17 AM
    Two questions:
    - How strong is the charger?
    - Can you take a picture with volume buttons?
    09-29-14 08:20 AM
    Not too sure about your question about how strong Is the charger?? But as far as the camera yes the volume keys work too take pictures and as the other op had mentioned the space bar does too, luving this phone more and more everyday

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 08:28 AM
    About the camera...

Here's something BlackBerry might think about changing: When you're getting ready to take a picture and the software detects a face, it offers you the option of using Time Shift mode. This, however, is done the same way as on other BB10 phones; a temporary banner across the top of the screen. If you're holding the phone in both hands, as is normal when taking a picture, you'll probably have to reach up with the thumb to tap the Time Shift banner, and you have to do it quickly, since it goes away after a couple of seconds. But that's a long reach for your thumb on the Passport, as it must also be on the Z30. They could think about putting that banner at the bottom.

Better yet, they could think about giving us keyboard shortcuts for shooting modes: T for time shift; H for HDR; N for night; etc.
    The camera is also peculiarly slow switching into and out of HDR mode, and taking an HDR picture. They need to do a little bit of touching up on the camera app. The focus is very quick and accurate and the picture quality is quite good.
    09-29-14 08:30 AM
    Two questions:
    - How strong is the charger?
    - Can you take a picture with volume buttons?
    Charger has 1.3A output
    itzJustMeh likes this.
    09-29-14 08:39 AM
    Keyboard trackpad is uneven; for example Browser has it, but CB10 doesn't. It's great when it works, though.
    Funny thing is, it works on the android version of CB10.

HAHA
    anischab likes this.
    09-29-14 09:11 AM
    Has anyone tested if the Passport supports AC3 Codec? uk.blackberry.com indicates it.

Z30 | Z30STA100-2/10.3.0.1154 | Globe PH
    09-29-14 09:34 AM
    If I have a line on AT&T can I just buy the Passport from Crackberry and put my sim card in it and it works?
    Yes, that is exactly what I did. Of course, I can't speak to your specific contract with them. Also, the Passport uses a nano-sim. Your current phone might have a micro-sim. The at&t store will give you a nano-sim free of charge; it only takes a few minutes.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 09:40 AM
    Which ones? The usual B for bottom, T for top all work. All the ones the Q10 has, the Passport has.
    no apps shortcuts on keyboard
    09-29-14 09:41 AM
    1. How is the music quality with headphones on? Comparable or better than 8520/9780 (I only had those and I loved the sound)
    2. Is is as loud or louder than the phones I mentioned? (Also with headphones on)
    3. Does anyone own studio/dj headphones to test them with the Passport? I use Technics dj heaphones paired to a 9780 and the sound quality and loudness (with audio boost) is just perfect.. Is it the same with the Passport? (Btw, does it have audio boost?)
    Last questions before I buy it. I would appreciate an answer. Thanks!
    09-29-14 10:02 AM
    can someone please let me know if the android app photo shop express works on the passport. i want his phone but i need this app.
    09-29-14 10:08 AM
    How does the Passport work/look when plugged into a TV/monitor? Can you adjust the aspect ratio at all?
    09-29-14 10:14 AM
    How is it for watching video ?
    09-29-14 10:24 AM
    can someone please let me know if the android app photo shop express works on the passport. i want his phone but i need this app.
    Installs and loads fine. Crashes when importing a photo.

It appears the built in photo editor on blackberry 10 can do most of the things Photoshop express can.

I've never used Photoshop express, just reading the description and comparing it to the blackberry photo editor.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 10:27 AM
    no apps shortcuts on keyboard
    This is very disappointing. Wonder why its not implemented?
    09-29-14 12:19 PM
    This would be nice to put into 10.3.1.

There are three things that people like to do from the home screen on a physical keyboard phone:
    1. launch apps
    2. speed dial
    3. begin a search (Blackberry Assistant)

And only two ways to do them:
    1. long press
    2. normal typing

So, we need a system where you can choose to have a long press either:
    1. launch an app
    2. start a speed dial
    3. best, allow a long press to be configured to do either

And for normal typing from the home screen:
    1. start searching
    2. launch an app ('s' can be used to start searching, so there's _VERY_ little penalty for this choice).

Certainly this isn't particularly difficult to implement; I do have hope that it'll come in the future.

Some of this was available in BBOS, but like a lot of things, it was dropped in the rush to get BB10 out of the door almost two years ago.
    09-29-14 12:26 PM
    This would be nice to put into 10.3.1.

There are three things that people like to do from the home screen on a physical keyboard phone:
    1. launch apps
    2. speed dial
    3. begin a search (Blackberry Assistant)

And only two ways to do them:
    1. long press
    2. normal typing

So, we need a system where you can choose to have a long press either:
    1. launch an app
    2. start a speed dial
    3. best, allow a long press to be configured to do either

And for normal typing from the home screen:
    1. start searching
    2. launch an app ('s' can be used to start searching, so there's _VERY_ little penalty for this choice).

Certainly this isn't particularly difficult to implement; I do have hope that it'll come in the future.

Some of this was available in BBOS, but like a lot of things, it was dropped in the rush to get BB10 out of the door almost two years ago.
    Speed dial does work from home screen. For example you can long press any letter on the keyboard and it will dial the number associated with that letter.

Universal search does work from the homescreen. Start typing what you want and it appears.

Apps can be launched with keyboard. If I want to start the camera, I would type camera then push enter and it launches camera app. There is no shortcuts to bind say the 'q' key to launch an app.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 12:35 PM
    I thought so too at first, but ever since I loaded the 10.3 leak on my other devices, I see why. My mom has a Q10 with the latest leak on it too, and it's a lot easier for her to take better pictures now that it's clear where you have to tap to take a photo.

You'll get used to it, I think it's for the better.
    I guess it comes down to personal opinion and preference.

I know someone with a Z10 and he loves being able to tap anywhere and not have to think about hitting a button. His daughter with an iPhone used his Z10 and was commenting on how nice it was to use.

I too make frequent use of the "tap anywhere" function.

Often I'm taking a photo behind some equipment to see the connections and I can't see the camera screen, so tapping anywhere lets me take the photo easily.
    09-29-14 12:48 PM
    During the announcement, they mentioned 3 ways to interact with the assistant :
    1. Voice query
    2. Text query
    3. And when the phone is connected to your car it makes it even easier... or some of the sort.
    Regarding 3. Does that mean that it can read message/text automatically to you? If so, can you force it to do it with any bluetooth headset?

Currently using an app called SafeDrive to read all my mails during the day (usually my hands are busy) but it is kind of buggy.

Posted via CB10
    That's the question I also asked:

Hey guys, I have questions about Blackberry Assistant:
    1.Does Blackberry Assistant read out textmessages and the caller ID offline?
    2.Is Blackberry Assistant automatically started when connected to Bluetooth or to a 3.5mm headset?

Reason why I ask: at the moment, I have an Android phone. It reads out the textmessages and the caller ID offline (TTS works offline). I use it in foreign countries when driving. Sometimes it is really hard to concentrate on driving and looking at the screen of the phone, especially when I'm not familiar with the streets. To avoid roaming charges, I'm glad, it works offline. It starts automatically when being connected to a Bluetooth device or a 3.5mm headset. I really like this features.

Is this feature also available for the Blackberry Passport?

Thank you very much.
    1. Yes.

2. What? No.
    If you hold the button on the headset or long press BT the assistant will activate. This is good as you likely don't want to use voice every time you get in the car. and plugging in the headset you are usually handling the phone... no need for voice then either.
    When is auto starting voice control a good thing?
    I could see when a new message arrives it could tell you and ask if you want it read out and give you the opportunity to reply, but not when connecting BT or headset.

Posted via CB10
    Thank you very much for your really quick answer. It is great to hear, that reading out of text messages works without data charges (important to me for foreign countries).

Why I'd like to have it auto started: I only need the reading out of text messages auto started, not the whole Assistant. Every time, I drive somewhere, the phone will read out the text messages as soon as they arrive. By this, I don't have to take out the device when a new message arrives.

At the moment, I have an Android phone and I completely leave it in my pocket as music is streamed through Bluetooth and text messages are read out. I really like this convenient function. It's great that Blackberry has it, too
    09-29-14 12:58 PM
    Apps can be launched with keyboard. If I want to start the camera, I would type camera then push enter and it launches camera app. There is no shortcuts to bind say the 'q' key to launch an app.

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, we want to be able to bind single key letters to app launches, not have to type out the whole word.
    09-29-14 02:23 PM
    Yeah, we want to be able to bind single key letters to app launches, not have to type out the whole word.
    The only phones I know that do that anymore are the crappy prepaid flip phones. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    09-29-14 02:25 PM
    Soon with 10.3.1

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    moegh likes this.
    09-29-14 02:31 PM
    The only phones I know that do that anymore are the crappy prepaid flip phones. Lol

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk
    and blackberry classic
    09-29-14 02:43 PM
    Soon with 10.3.1

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    are u sure ?
    09-29-14 02:44 PM
    are u sure ?
    It's been demoed on video for the classic and rumored for long time now.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:48 PM
616 ... 1415161718 ...