I installed Bitdefender security, and that asks for additional Android permissions to work. Opened up a special Android permissions screen and it works. Not sure if that is the type of root access you mean.

BlackBerry Passport signed.
    The kind of app we're talking about would ask specifically for root access, even on an Android phone.

Posted from my Passport.
    09-28-14 06:06 PM
    Can you set the lock screen to show weather, latest news, latest sports, etc

or

will lock screen only show missed calls and latest emails/msgs?

Also, is the lock screen unlockable with a swiping pattern or only keyboard entry?

Can you launch apps with keyboard shortcuts?
    Last edited by VeryBumpy; 09-28-14 at 09:10 PM. Reason: add a Q
    09-28-14 06:56 PM
    During the announcement, they mentioned 3 ways to interact with the assistant :
    1. Voice query
    2. Text query
    3. And when the phone is connected to your car it makes it even easier... or some of the sort.
    Regarding 3. Does that mean that it can read message/text automatically to you? If so, can you force it to do it with any bluetooth headset?

Currently using an app called SafeDrive to read all my mails during the day (usually my hands are busy) but it is kind of buggy.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    09-28-14 07:36 PM
    If I have a line on AT&T can I just buy the Passport from Crackberry and put my sim card in it and it works?
    09-28-14 09:54 PM
    If I have a line on AT&T can I just buy the Passport from Crackberry and put my sim card in it and it works?
    Yes I believe so.

Q10 on T-Mobile
    09-28-14 09:59 PM
    keyboard shortcuts ?
    09-28-14 11:28 PM
    Can you set the lock screen to show weather, latest news, latest sports, etc

or

will lock screen only show missed calls and latest emails/msgs?

Also, is the lock screen unlockable with a swiping pattern or only keyboard entry?

Can you launch apps with keyboard shortcuts?
    The lock screen is exactly like the other BlackBerry 10 lock screens, pretty much. It can show emails, texts, missed calls, reminders and travel alerts (through BlackBerry Travel). From there, you can click to open the message if you want.

The lock screen is changeable, though no swiping pattern like on Androids. It does have a cool feature called Picture Password, where you pick a picture you have (or one of the standard ones they offer), and you pick a number on the screen, and you drag that number to a place on the photo. For example, let's say I have a picture of the Eiffel Tower and pick the number 7. I could drag the 7 to the very top of the Eiffel Tower, the tip, and Save that as my unlock. So when you go to unlock the screen, it's just a few rows of numbers 0-9 over the Eiffel Tower picture. No one but you will know what number you chose or where you set it to be dragged to unlock. I could pick 2 and drag it to the bottom. That would be wrong. I could pick 5 and drag it to the top, that would be wrong. ONLY the 7 being dragged to the top of the tower could unlock your phone.

Of course you can also type in a password with the full keyboard too.
    09-28-14 11:35 PM
    keyboard shortcuts ?
    Which ones? The usual B for bottom, T for top all work. All the ones the Q10 has, the Passport has.
    09-28-14 11:36 PM
    Does speed dial works?

Posted via CB10
    YES! You press and hold whichever key you want on the main screen, then choose which contact you want to set the speed dial for.
    09-28-14 11:38 PM
    Dear lucky passport owners, I heard OTG cables work with passport, if so what devices does the passport work with? i.e mouse, keyboard, flash drive etc
    09-28-14 11:39 PM
    How is the balance ?

Do the corners hurt your hand after a long time ?

Do you like it

Posted via CB10
    I was very concerned about this too, since all my BlackBerrys have been rounded except the 8800 and 8820 which still weren't quite so square.

The Passport is perfectly comfortable. The balance is perfect. I was expecting top-heaviness,but I haven't felt it once. I've been on it nonstop since I got it, and the corners are not an issue whatsoever. Most times, the corners aren't even touching my hand.

I love the Passport. I wasn't even sure I would like it, but it has exceeded all expectations and impressed even my iPhone friends.
    09-28-14 11:41 PM
    I'm not kidding. How does Candy Crush work? Is it sweet, tasty or devine? I have a candy crush problem. Don't judge me.

Posted via CB10
    Not sure if you are trolling. But here you go.

The "Ask a Passport owner a question." Thread-img_20140928_224844.png
    The "Ask a Passport owner a question." Thread-img_20140928_224837.png

It started and ran perfect.
    It uninstalled fine as well.

Posted via CB10
    Xenolock and Q10 user like this.
    09-28-14 11:51 PM
    So what's the verdict on 10.3's camera? Do you have to tap the shutter button or can you tap anywhere on the screen to take a photo?
    09-29-14 01:17 AM
    1) How do international keyboards work? Do they appear on the screen instead since physical keyboard is English?

2) can someone take a screenshot of all available international keyboard?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Anyone know about this? Local at$t don't have this phone

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 01:34 AM
    So what's the verdict on 10.3's camera? Do you have to tap the shutter button or can you tap anywhere on the screen to take a photo?
    It's a great camera. You tap the shutter button, not anywhere on the screen. Here's a sample picture I took the other day. I was inside my car so the lighting wasn't at its finest.

The "Ask a Passport owner a question." Thread-img_20140926_184101_hdr.jpg

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:00 AM
    It's a great camera. You tap the shutter button, not anywhere on the screen. Here's a sample picture I took the other day. I was inside my car so the lighting wasn't at its finest.
    Sure looks like a good camera. Too bad they screwed up the ability to tap anywhere on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 02:22 AM
    Taking a picture/photo...
    Does the volume up (or down) button(s) work as a shutter like on my Q10? I always make my photos without touching the screen!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-29-14 03:06 AM
    Sure looks like a good camera. Too bad they screwed up the ability to tap anywhere on the screen.

Posted via CB10
    I thought so too at first, but ever since I loaded the 10.3 leak on my other devices, I see why. My mom has a Q10 with the latest leak on it too, and it's a lot easier for her to take better pictures now that it's clear where you have to tap to take a photo.

You'll get used to it, I think it's for the better.

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 03:11 AM
    Taking a picture/photo...
    Does the volume up (or down) button(s) work as a shutter like on my Q10? I always make my photos without touching the screen!

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    Yes it does!

Short Stories and Similar Submissions, a Channel dedicated to creative writing and constructive critique C003CC54C. Daily Old Radio Shows! The only Channel that actually offers you a source for entertainment. C0012487D
    anischab likes this.
    09-29-14 03:12 AM
    How does the zoom out work on instagram?

Screen shot if possible

Posted via CB10
    09-29-14 04:35 AM
    Thanks! I missed that on the first run through, but probably because I was at work and doing several things as well as trying to watch that!

Time for a re-watch I think
    09-29-14 04:47 AM
    How does the zoom out work on instagram?

Screen shot if possible

Posted via CB10
    This please..
    09-29-14 07:16 AM

Posted via CB10
    You can still use the space bar to snap a picture, too. I've been doing that since BBOS.

Posted from my Passport.
    09-29-14 07:27 AM
    keyboard shortcuts ?
    Not the ones you had in BBOS 7, where you could open the browser by tapping 'B', compose a message with 'C', and so on. If you start typing on the home screen, universal search kicks in. I'd like to see an option to change this, but at the moment it's not there.
    09-29-14 07:58 AM
    BlackBerry actually had a fairly extensive survey on the camera in the beta program earlier in the year. I suppose the current incarnation of the camera represents what the majority wanted. Realize that now a screen tap focuses, which is why the shutter "button" is fixed in place.
    09-29-14 08:11 AM
616 ... 1314151617 ...