Does speed dial works?

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 12:58 AM
    Haven't used it yet, but:
    Attachment 300449

Posted via CB10
    Same headphones that came with z30, nice and comfy when u get used to how to put them on. A already lost one of those rubber loops though rendering them useless

Z30 Pooooooooower!
    09-28-14 01:13 AM
    Is it possible to import os5 ringtones?? Thanks
    09-28-14 02:09 AM
    Is it possible to import os5 ringtones?? Thanks
    Of course it is possible
    chipmunk604 likes this.
    09-28-14 02:14 AM
    Of course it is possible
    Edit: i got it thanks!
    Last edited by chipmunk604; 09-28-14 at 02:46 AM.
    09-28-14 02:30 AM
    Two things:

1. How's the audio (by that I mean music sound) quality compare to let's say Iphone 5/GS3? What DAC is the passport?

2. Is it possible to install rooted android apps such as Titanium backup?
    09-28-14 03:58 AM
    Audio is much better than the z30.

Apparently the best speakers they have ever made.

I'm told it will work with future holsters, but cannot confirm.

Android app performance Is fantastic speed wise. I have only tried a few apps, but many scale to fill the screen quite nicely. Nest, and others work well.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 04:38 AM
    Skype works great on it. Actually takes advantage of the wider screen and shows great summaries of your last conversations quite nicely. Notifications show up on the lock screen if enabled.

If you were skyped by 2-3 people at the same time, it shows the discussions for you.

Nicely done.

Posted via CB10
    dmlis likes this.
    09-28-14 04:43 AM
    The "Ask a Passport owner a question." Thread-img_20140928_054705.png
    The "Ask a Passport owner a question." Thread-img_20140928_054636.png
    The "Ask a Passport owner a question." Thread-img_20140928_054551.png

Screen is really easy to read in day light and incredible inside. Here are a few apps to show scaling. Very clean.

Posted via CB10
    Paul Callahan and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    09-28-14 04:49 AM
    Hey guys, I have questions about Blackberry Assistant:
    1.Does Blackberry Assistant read out textmessages and the caller ID offline?
    2.Is Blackberry Assistant automatically started when connected to Bluetooth or to a 3.5mm headset?

Reason why I ask: at the moment, I have an Android phone. It reads out the textmessages and the caller ID offline (TTS works offline). I use it in foreign countries when driving. Sometimes it is really hard to concentrate on driving and looking at the screen of the phone, especially when I'm not familiar with the streets. To avoid roaming charges, I'm glad, it works offline. It starts automatically when being connected to a Bluetooth device or a 3.5mm headset. I really like this features.

Is this feature also available for the Blackberry Passport?

Thank you very much.
    09-28-14 06:43 AM
    Skype works great on it. Actually takes advantage of the wider screen and shows great summaries of your last conversations quite nicely. Notifications show up on the lock screen if enabled.

If you were skyped by 2-3 people at the same time, it shows the discussions for you.

Nicely done.

Posted via CB10
    Did you notice battery usage while on Skype? It used to kill Q10 battery pretty fast on Q10 especially in calls.
    09-28-14 08:04 AM
    Is this crazy awkward to remove from a pair of jeans, especially whilst sitting down?
    Since it doesn't bend, you'll not be able to sit down.
    09-28-14 08:06 AM
    Second try
    RAM related questions:
    1.How much free RAM after fresh boot?

2. Can you open 8 DESKTOP (please, make sure they are all full desktop versions) Web pages in the native browser (for example CNN, Yahoo, FB, slickdeals.net, Engadget.com and so on)
    Then open 7 more apps (weather, office, file explorer, camera, pictures, maps ) to max out the maximum 8 running - How much free RAM at this moment?

3. Get back to browser and switch between any of the 8 tabs. Do any of them refresh/reload?

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 08:32 AM
    Second try

Posted via CB10
    Yeah, lots of unanswered questions in this thread.
    flyingsolid likes this.
    09-28-14 09:36 AM
    I'm not kidding. How does Candy Crush work? Is it sweet, tasty or devine? I have a candy crush problem. Don't judge me.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 11:44 AM
    Is WhatsApp updated for Passport compatibility? And how do conversations look? Screenshot(s) would be sweet!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 01:35 PM
    Second try
    Answered the RAM after boot question on the previous page. But I see now the attachment did not work.
    About 100 apps installed, 10+ running headless. RAM free after boot 1.5+, so about 50% used.

As for the browser, I wouldn't call that a real life scenario but here goes (hope it doesnt mess with my battery test).
    Opening 8 pages Desktop mode, RAM free: ~700Mb. This is together with 7 app. Some system and some social.
    Opening the browser again the webpages did not reload. But I did this test rather quickly so I cannot speak to long term effects.

After closing all the tabs Ram went back up to around ~1Gb free.
    _____
    WhatsApp at least the latest Beta version looks wonderful on the Passport, fully uses the screen and shows options on bottom bar just like BBM.
    Scrolling with the capacative keyboard works well.
    09-28-14 01:56 PM
    WhatsApp at least the latest Beta version looks wonderful on the Passport, fully uses the screen and shows options on bottom bar just like BBM.
    w00t thanks man!

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 02:10 PM
    I'm not kidding. How does Candy Crush work? Is it sweet, tasty or devine? I have a candy crush problem. Don't judge me.

Posted via CB10
    Candy crush works perfect in the Q10, so can't work any worse in the passport
    09-28-14 02:13 PM
    1) How do international keyboards work? Do they appear on the screen instead since physical keyboard is English?

2) can someone take a screenshot of all available international keyboard?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    flyingsolid likes this.
    09-28-14 02:34 PM
    It actually is when you do this for a living.... True Story.
    I thought you couldn't play for real money on PokerStars anymore (after Black Friday)?
    09-28-14 02:43 PM
    Answered the RAM after boot question on the previous page. But I see now the attachment did not work.
    About 100 apps installed, 10+ running headless. RAM free after boot 1.5+, so about 50% used.

As for the browser, I wouldn't call that a real life scenario but here goes (hope it doesnt mess with my battery test).
    Opening 8 pages Desktop mode, RAM free: ~700Mb. This is together with 7 app. Some system and some social.
    Opening the browser again the webpages did not reload. But I did this test rather quickly so I cannot speak to long term effects.

After closing all the tabs Ram went back up to around ~1Gb free.
    _____
    Thank you sir. It is a real life scenario for me daily.

Posted via CB10
    MrGlenn likes this.
    09-28-14 02:54 PM

2. Is it possible to install rooted android apps such as Titanium backup?
    There are no "rooted Android apps", only apps that require root access to work. Titanium Backup can function partially without root access, I believe, but some other apps can't do anything.

To my knowledge, the BB10 runtime hasn't been rooted, so any app that requires root access will fail. But don't believe that until someone else confirms it.

Posted from my Passport.
    09-28-14 04:55 PM
    I installed Bitdefender security, and that asks for additional Android permissions to work. Opened up a special Android permissions screen and it works. Not sure if that is the type of root access you mean.

BlackBerry Passport signed.
    09-28-14 05:14 PM
    Hey guys, I have questions about Blackberry Assistant:
    1.Does Blackberry Assistant read out textmessages and the caller ID offline?
    2.Is Blackberry Assistant automatically started when connected to Bluetooth or to a 3.5mm headset?

Reason why I ask: at the moment, I have an Android phone. It reads out the textmessages and the caller ID offline (TTS works offline). I use it in foreign countries when driving. Sometimes it is really hard to concentrate on driving and looking at the screen of the phone, especially when I'm not familiar with the streets. To avoid roaming charges, I'm glad, it works offline. It starts automatically when being connected to a Bluetooth device or a 3.5mm headset. I really like this features.

Is this feature also available for the Blackberry Passport?

Thank you very much.
    1. Yes.

2. What? No.
    If you hold the button on the headset or long press BT the assistant will activate. This is good as you likely don't want to use voice every time you get in the car. and plugging in the headset you are usually handling the phone... no need for voice then either.
    When is auto starting voice control a good thing?
    I could see when a new message arrives it could tell you and ask if you want it read out and give you the opportunity to reply, but not when connecting BT or headset.

Posted via CB10
    09-28-14 05:50 PM
616 ... 1213141516 ...