Ah! I just discovered something!

If you hold down the Symbol/Alt button, you can type out the characters you want via the touchscreen or the corresponding keyboard keys and then let go and the popup disappears.

That makes me completely satisfied with the new typing experience.
    09-27-14 11:12 AM
    I use read it now app alot. Does it scroll with the keypad?

When is CB gonna update their app for PP keypad browsing?

Posted via CB10
    Yes, you can scroll in a ReadItNow!. Scrolling sometimes works in CB10, but not all the time. I imagine it will be a simple and quick update for them.
    sebstarr likes this.
    09-27-14 11:14 AM
    Ah! I just discovered something!

If you hold down the Symbol/Alt button, you can type out the characters you want via the touchscreen or the corresponding keyboard keys and then let go and the popup disappears.

That makes me completely satisfied with the new typing experience.
    Or swiping down on the keyboard?

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    09-27-14 11:23 AM
    Do you feel that keys are stiffer than in a q10?
    saw you asking the same question in another thread. i would say not softer than the q10, these keys need to be stiffer IMO cause they also have touch function. i would try it and shopblackberry have 30days return policy.
    this is a different phone. i like it more every next day. it does have learning curve. been using blackberries ever since they came. then used iphone for over a year. then lg g2 for a month, then z30 and now passport. i have tried q10 but didnt like the screen after using iphone but otherwise q10 is a great phone. stiffer keys are an asset the way this keyboard works IMO. in couple of days, flicking and scrolling using the keyboard becomes handy. i would say that one week for full recovery for me. my son is much younger and he is better at passport in no time. i hope this helps. GL
    09-27-14 12:00 PM
    sunspider result ? please, make some tests

The "Ask a Passport owner a question." Thread-img_20140927_133020.png

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 12:30 PM
    The swipe down to get the virtual symbols mapped to the physical keyboard is absolutely brilliant.
    Is there a way to "lock"/"freeze" this mode temporarily if you need to pound out a bunch of symbols?

Or swiping down on the keyboard?

Using Z10, wanting Z30, eyeing Windermere
    DesertBear likes this.
    09-27-14 12:44 PM
    The swipe down to get the virtual symbols mapped to the physical keyboard is absolutely brilliant.
    Is there a way to "lock"/"freeze" this mode temporarily if you need to pound out a bunch of symbols?
    Swipe down then hit the button to switch pages on the right. Evidently it locks into that mode.
    09-27-14 12:50 PM
    I answered my own question.

1) If you use tap the onscreen symbol icon to spawn the onscreen, it will be one time use an not mapped to the physical
    2) If you use tap and hold the onscreen symbol icon to spawn the onscreen, it will be be mapped and locked
    3) If you downswipe to spawn the onscreen it is mapped for one time use.

Quite an excellent implementation. i

09-27-14 12:51 PM
    RAM related questions:
    1.How much free RAM after fresh boot?

2. Can you open 8 DESKTOP (please, make sure they are all full desktop versions) Web pages in the native browser (for example CNN, Yahoo, FB, slickdeals.net, Engadget.com and so on)
    Then open 7 more apps (weather, office, file explorer, camera, pictures, maps ) to max out the maximum 8 running - How much free RAM at this moment?

3. Get back to browser and switch between any of the 8 tabs. Do any of them refresh/reload?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 12:53 PM
    Went to my local Telus store today and played with the passport. Then was curious to see what OS version it was running and saw it was 10.3.0.1052. How is it running? Any bugs unique to the phone?
    The "Ask a Passport owner a question." Thread-img_20140927_143406.jpg

Posted via Z10 OS 10.3.0.1154
    09-27-14 01:11 PM
    Also..not a question but I just have to comment on how remarkably light the phone is. I honestly thought it would have been heavier.

Posted via Z10 OS 10.3.0.1154
    09-27-14 01:13 PM
    How is the balance ?

Do the corners hurt your hand after a long time ?

Do you like it

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 01:23 PM
    I asked these questions earlier but I haven't seen any responses, so I decided to ask again:

1. I use facebook, twitter & linked in a lot for work. I just wondering is there any improvements to native apps with 10.3 (especially sharing media) & whether you can now have more then one facebook and twitter account set in Blackberry Hub?

2. Is there an option to set up convenience keys

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 01:26 PM
    3. Get back to browser and switch between any of the 8 tabs. Do any of them refresh/reload?

Posted via CB10
    Hate this, my Windows Phone reloads all the time.
    mincanada and Supa_Fly1 like this.
    09-27-14 02:10 PM
    The spec says the storage is expandable with 128GB micro sd card.
    When I put in a micro sd card, will I have one seemless internal storage or will there be two separate "drives"?
    09-27-14 02:51 PM
    A pic of the bundled headset? How is it?
    Is the speaker on passport better than the one on Z30?

Posted via my sexy Q10
    Yes! The loudspeaker is clearer and would you believe a bit louder. And I loved my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    Supa_Fly1 likes this.
    09-27-14 02:52 PM
    Can anyone tell me if there is a dark themed hub option now with 10.3 on the Passport? Thanks in advance
    No. I think I read it will be coming in 10.3.1 friend.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 02:54 PM
    Hi

I have one question about spotify. Can you download songs for offline listening ?

Thanks
    09-27-14 03:10 PM
    Thanks Rider.

Maybe it would be possible to code with that device on-the-go

The developer replied to my inquiry and said he planned a Passport-aware update in the next few weeks. I'll be watching for it.
    09-27-14 03:15 PM
    I answered my own question.

1) If you use tap the onscreen symbol icon to spawn the onscreen, it will be one time use an not mapped to the physical
    2) If you use tap and hold the onscreen symbol icon to spawn the onscreen, it will be be mapped and locked
    3) If you downswipe to spawn the onscreen it is mapped for one time use.

Quite an excellent implementation. i
    Thanks for the update. I couldn't find this documented anywhere. That seems like a reasonable implementation!
    09-27-14 03:17 PM
    The spec says the storage is expandable with 128GB micro sd card.
    When I put in a micro sd card, will I have one seemless internal storage or will there be two separate "drives"?
    There will be two separate drives
    09-27-14 03:29 PM
    Hello, BlackBerry Passport support USB Host? Thank you
    09-27-14 03:49 PM
    Hello, BlackBerry Passport support USB Host? Thank you
    Yep.
    09-27-14 03:50 PM
    Can you take pictures in wide screen or are they only square?
    Thanks

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 03:57 PM
    I asked these questions earlier but I haven't seen any responses, so I decided to ask again:

1. I use facebook, twitter & linked in a lot for work. I just wondering is there any improvements to native apps with 10.3 (especially sharing media) & whether you can now have more then one facebook and twitter account set in Blackberry Hub?

2. Is there an option to set up convenience keys

Posted via CB10
    I would also like to know the answer to this.
    09-27-14 04:07 PM
616 ... 1011121314 ...