Ahh, ok then, good point!

So...do you find pp overall faster, same, or slower in, say, typing up and editing an email, relative to, say, z10?

Posted via CB10
    Haven't used a physical phone keyboard in a long while, but I do try to flick most of the words I type, so it's about equal. So far.
    09-26-14 09:15 PM
    Is this one-model-fits-all phone for all GMS carriers? I haven't seen any information on different models for Passport similar to what we have had for other BB10 phones (e.g., SQN100-1, 2, 3, 4, 5). I hope it is!

Posted via Z10
    09-26-14 09:38 PM
    Is this one-model-fits-all phone for all GMS carriers? I haven't seen any information on different models for Passport similar to what we have had for other BB10 phones (e.g., SQN100-1, 2, 3, 4, 5). I hope it is!

Posted via Z10
    One size fits all. North America, North America + AWS and EMEA GSM are all represented.
    09-26-14 09:40 PM
    Thank you. So, is staggering swipes then the quickest way to delete text?

Seems if pp can be a text and doc heavy-use device there would be as good, if not better, way to delete text than older 10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    I don't know the size of your finger, but with this keyboard height, I can barely have two fingers width on the keyboard. I don't think it would work that well anyway.

Posted via CB10 on my SQW100-1/10.3.0.1052.
    09-26-14 10:03 PM
    Ahh, ok then, good point!

So...do you find pp overall faster, same, or slower in, say, typing up and editing an email, relative to, say, z10?

Posted via CB10
    I guess it depends which way you prefer to type. I make less typos with an hardware keyboard, so the Passport also follow this. But it's not as easy and fast to touch-type as it is on a glass slab (especially with the amazing BB10 autocorrect), so I lose some speed. swipe up is faster than press on the screen I think, but you don't have as much choice as with a virtual keyboard, still good though.

Overall, it's a mix of hardware and software keyboard, so it has some advantages and disadvantages of each. That's only for keyboard though. Worth it anytime with the rest.

09-26-14 10:09 PM
    One size fits all. North America, North America + AWS and EMEA GSM are all represented.
    Thanks for the response. That's great. The multi-model situation of Z10 and Q10 has been giving me a lot of grief, since I travel frequently between US, Europe and Asia. I hope Classic is also one model fits all!

Posted via Z10
    09-26-14 10:53 PM
    I guess it depends which way you prefer to type. I make less typos with an hardware keyboard, so the Passport also follow this. But it's not as easy and fast to touch-type as it is on a glass slab (especially with the amazing BB10 autocorrect), so I lose some speed. swipe up is faster than press on the screen I think, but you don't have as much choice as with a virtual keyboard, still good though.

Overall, it's a mix of hardware and software keyboard, so it has some advantages and disadvantages of each. That's only for keyboard though. Worth it anytime with the rest.

Do you feel that keys are stiffer than in a q10?
    09-26-14 11:12 PM
    1) What's the largest SD card the Passport can take?
    2) Is there anyway to turn on "Growing Numbers" on the monthly calendar?
    3) Can you have a custom notification for a BBM Contact?
    09-27-14 12:16 AM
    1) What's the largest SD card the Passport can take?
    128GB, so far.

Posted via CB10
    ptpete likes this.
    09-27-14 12:35 AM
    Passport and bb 10.3 have the function that have bb7 to set when to turn off and turn on the phone?
    The alarm clock will start when phone are off. And same if have notification led
    Last edited by Daniel Calutul; 09-27-14 at 02:19 AM.
    Optimus4 likes this.
    09-27-14 01:58 AM
    sunspider result ? please, make some tests
    09-27-14 03:20 AM
    Do you regret that you have bought it?
    09-27-14 04:25 AM
    Sorry if this has been already asked but do you folks with it feel the screen is big enough to replace a typical tablet?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 04:30 AM
    How much faster than the Z10/Q10 does it feel? Is the difference that much noticeable?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 04:35 AM
    Is this crazy awkward to remove from a pair of jeans, especially whilst sitting down?
    09-27-14 04:43 AM
    Stenyyyfgk

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:05 AM
    Is this crazy awkward to remove from a pair of jeans, especially whilst sitting down?
    Didn't try sitting down but taking in and out standing up is not a problem at all.
    dayno25 and AbAll87 like this.
    09-27-14 06:20 AM
    How is the maps app? Does it work well? I use google maps often on my current phone so i'm wondering if the blackberry maps is good enough to work in the US.
    I find google maps works perfect on the device for both navigation and normal map direction. The only downside is I can't sign into my google maps account to see previously saved places. No big deal really. Starred placed works great too.

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:55 AM
    R u saying that the keyboard won't scroll on all apps automatically, then pls fid u try android apps with the scrolling?

Posted via CB10
    I use read it now app alot. Does it scroll with the keypad?

When is CB gonna update their app for PP keypad browsing?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 06:57 AM
    Do the contacts & calendar in outlook 2013 installed version sync?

Posted via CB10
    09-27-14 07:00 AM
    How is readability in bright sunlight?

Posted via CB10 on Z10
    It's very good. I can see it at the lowest setting, but if I turn it up just halfway, if is crystal clear for me in direct sunlight.
    deltact likes this.
    09-27-14 07:13 AM
    Greyed out. Not sure if it'll be enabled in the future.

Posted via CB10
    This isn't greyed out for me...
    09-27-14 07:14 AM
    I recommend to use BlackBerry Link to switch you device to the Passport. I switched from a Z10 to a Passport. The process of backing up and restoring may take long and at times appear to be hanging but they are not, just leave the phone connected and go do something else. All your setting, on-device contacts, tasks and notes will be transferred and preserved.

The method of using Device Switch app (either save information to SD card or over home WIFI network) is a lot less reliable. This method got hung up at transferring contacts. The process appeared to hang at (N-1) contacts where N is the total of contacts you have on your phone. I left it over night and it still sat at the same step the next morning. I retried the process without transfer my contacts (unchecked contacts transfer option). The process went through and finished quickly; however, my browser settings and bookmarks didn't get transferred. Also my Remember directory structures wasn't preserved, my tasks were saved as notes (without reminder date and time).
    Legal Eagle likes this.
    09-27-14 07:20 AM
    . Passport works with Tmobile network.
    . Passport accepts nano SIM card, whereas BB10 devices before this accepts Micro SIM cards. There is an instructional DYI video on how to cut it down from a micro SIM to a nano SIM. I opted for a brand new nano SIM card. It cost $9.99 + tax.
    . I like the weight of the Passport over the Z10.
    . The stainless steel beam on the Passport makes it look strong and sturdy.
    . Today is day two and I'm staring to get a good hang of the new keyboard. It is amazing how a human brain can adapt to new thing and can learn very quickly. I'm going from 9900 to Z10 and then to the Passport.
    . I love the big screen. The high resolution make things look crisp, especially black text on white background. Contrast ratio must be good.
    . It is very snappy. My rule of thumb is only install the apps you need. This keep the device light and fast.
    . The speakers are loud.
    . Flip the screen face down will send the screen black to save battery.
    . My Passport is running 10.3.0.738 software release.
    . I have problem restart the device by holding down the power button and tap on the Restart icon (* I have no problem doing the same thing on my Z10 *). I had to turn my Passport completely off first and then turn it back on.
    . I like Instant Action feature in the Hub where I can delete or file a message quickly (2 taps vs 4 taps). Deleting multiple messages works the same way as 10.2.1.
    . Typing lying down on my back is difficult.
    . I have not tried: USB OTG, radio, and share screen to an external monitor.
    . Printhand app works. I was able to print a word document from my Passport to my Canon MX860. NOTE: DOCX file content format may look different printing from Printhand. I don't think Printhand fully support DOCX files.
    Last edited by imcurved; 09-27-14 at 08:22 AM.
    deltact, Paul Callahan and AbAll87 like this.
    09-27-14 07:45 AM
    The middel button (HUB: compose, Camera: shutter) is sky blue... can its colour be changed? I like it to be olive green, like the downolad button in BlackBerry World!

The "Ask a Passport owner a question." Thread-img_20140927_180708.png

BlackBerry*Q10, T-Mobile Germany - SQN100-3, Running OS 10.2.1.2941
    09-27-14 11:07 AM
616 ... 910111213 ...