How do I attach a picture to CB using the passport. I use the paperclip, I get brought to the pictures gallery and when I select the picture I want, it all goes away and then nothing attaches.

Posted via CB10
    Strange, same process I use and not having that issue.

Posted Pantlessly via My Kick @ss BlackBerry Passport!!!
    09-26-14 01:28 PM
    I have a quick question.

Where is the speaker located? Most devices now a days it's either on the back side or the bottom.

In all the pictures, I haven't been able to notice.

Regarding that, how does it sound? Clear and loud? Is listening to some tunes on the Passport a good experience?

Posted via CB10

Speakers are on the bottom. Crystal clear and extremely loud. If you close your eyes, you'll think the sound's coming from a dedicated bluetooth speaker.
    09-26-14 01:40 PM
    Have anyone tried Remote Desktop to Windows with this phone yet?

I wonder how is it with bigger screen, select text, and keyboard.
    09-26-14 01:55 PM
    Zoomed in vs zoomed out. I prefer zoomed out.

The "Ask a Passport owner a question." Thread-img_20140926_135450.png
    The "Ask a Passport owner a question." Thread-img_20140926_135445.png

And sometimes it's a mixture:
    Attachment 300763
    Attachment 300764
    Egod101 and sebstarr like this.
    09-26-14 01:55 PM
    Typing experience :
    1. Is the device balanced when you type
    2. Doe it feel the space bar is in the right place.
    3. How does the keyboard width feel

4. Touch capacitive keyboard sensitivity
    a) can you flick suggested words successfully in the first attempt.
    b) how precise is it as trackpad when working with text

Thank you

Posted via CB10
    Some of these may depend on the size of your hands.. I don't have a passport, but played with one today in the telus store. (For reference, I'm just over 5 feet, have smallish hands, about 6 inches long/3 inches wide).

The device felt fairly balanced when typing, but there is the stupid heavy security tag/tether attached to the back of it, so that actually made it more top heavy and it may balance even better without it (an owner may answer this better).
    For the keyboard width and spacebar placing--it was odd/weird at first (I had a Q10 prior to my Z30), but I was more used to it within a few minutes. I'd imagine having it for a day or two you'd get completely used to it.

In terms of size, it really is like the size of a passport. I was definitely shorter than my Z30, but wider. (It was one of the bigger phones in the display I saw, definitely stands out). for me and my hands, it was predominately a two-hand phone, for reaching all parts of the phone. However, for scrolling, using the keyboard trackpad, it was much easier to scroll through webpages one handed than on my Z30 one handed. (I can't reach all parts of my Z30 one handed either). I didn't try flicking suggested words, so can't comment on that, but trackpad was pretty precise.
    09-26-14 02:09 PM
    Have anyone tried Remote Desktop to Windows with this phone yet?

I wonder how is it with bigger screen, select text, and keyboard.
    Unfortunately you can't use the keyboard to control the mouse cursor (hopefully this is added), but the experience is great.
    09-26-14 02:11 PM
    Unfortunately you can't use the keyboard to control the mouse cursor (hopefully this is added), but the experience is great.
    Thanks! Do you have to zoom in and out often? I plan edit documents on my computer using the phone.
    09-26-14 02:15 PM
    Another question guys, I know this is a 2 handed device, but chilling in bed, browsing through CB or the browser, simple blog apps. would that be possible with one hand, or simply impossible or not comfortable enough.

Posted via CB10
    So I've been using the iPhone 6 plus since launch and I can confirm I an more comfortable using the passport. I think blackberry has started the trend of the square phone. Apple will following with ipassport

Posted via Passport.
    Steelsheen likes this.
    09-26-14 02:16 PM
    I run an automotive forum, and on-the-go admin tools are something I need in a phone. If I can get away from the app and hit my main page through the browser, I would be soooo happy.

Could someone hit montecarloforum.com and screenshot the home page for me? I'd love to see how it looks on the passport display.

It's ACCEPTABLE on my z10, but I would love to see it on the new screen.

Thanks!
    09-26-14 02:18 PM
    Does pinch and zoom work with the keyboard?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1154 CB10
    09-26-14 02:24 PM
    I run an automotive forum, and on-the-go admin tools are something I need in a phone. If I can get away from the app and hit my main page through the browser, I would be soooo happy.

Could someone hit montecarloforum.com and screenshot the home page for me? I'd love to see how it looks on the passport display.

It's ACCEPTABLE on my z10, but I would love to see it on the new screen.

Thanks!

The "Ask a Passport owner a question." Thread-img_20140926_133003.png

Posted via CB10
    ChibiBlackSheep likes this.
    09-26-14 02:31 PM
    Does pinch and zoom work with the keyboard?

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1154 CB10
    No

Posted via CB10
    pvphooman likes this.
    09-26-14 02:32 PM
    It depends on how you set the screen resolution. If you use a large screen size in Remote Desktop, then you can pan in the app itself. If you set the resolution to 1440x1440 (native Passport resolution) then obviously everything shows up fairly small, and, depending on the UI element size and your eyesight, you may have to zoom more often. It's essentially a tradeoff between zooming and panning.

The virtual 4th keyboard row also gets in the way; there doesn't appear to be any way to disable it at the current time.
    09-26-14 02:33 PM
    Thank you so much for the screenshot! That looks so much better than the z10. Looks like I'll be able to do what I need.
    09-26-14 02:39 PM
    Anyone got a pouch for this beast yet?

BlackBerry Passport: It doesn't BEND but you can BLEND
    The "Ask a Passport owner a question." Thread-img_20140926_213152.jpg
    Made this to use until the Black Flip case hits stores.
    mundo472 likes this.
    09-26-14 02:50 PM
    Are you able to use your keypad as a speed dial?
    09-26-14 02:54 PM
    Thanks Rider.

Maybe it would be possible to code with that device on-the-go

It depends on how you set the screen resolution. If you use a large screen size in Remote Desktop, then you can pan in the app itself. If you set the resolution to 1440x1440 (native Passport resolution) then obviously everything shows up fairly small, and, depending on the UI element size and your eyesight, you may have to zoom more often. It's essentially a tradeoff between zooming and panning.

The virtual 4th keyboard row also gets in the way; there doesn't appear to be any way to disable it at the current time.
    09-26-14 03:00 PM
    Are you able to use your keypad as a speed dial?
    Onscreen dialpad or keyboard can be used for speed dial.

Posted via CB10
    chewblock likes this.
    09-26-14 03:09 PM
    Does it support USB3? I think I remember reading before that it does but you need to have a USB3 cable.
    09-26-14 03:10 PM
    Cause it would be ....kind of lame, to still have to hold the passport sideways to record normal 16:9 videos. If so they should make a toggle function for it software wise... cause shooting portrait mode 16:9 is useless if you ever wanna use it on a tv...or edit it into a bigger movie IMHO.
    The single greatest failure of the new generation of technology users is their consistent insistence on portrait videos. It's an epidemic and a cancer to the world of media. Thank you Passport for recording in true video orientations.
    09-26-14 03:17 PM
    1. Is it waterproof?
    2. Is it compatible with Apple Wave?

I'll wait right here...
    09-26-14 03:34 PM
    3rd party keyboard? Emojis, not the colorless ones?
    09-26-14 03:49 PM
    1. Is it waterproof?
    2. Is it compatible with Apple Wave?

I'll wait right here...
    1. Unfortunately not, I just tried it.
    2. Cannot test, due to test 1.

Posted via CB10
    09-26-14 04:01 PM
    Keyboard trackpad is uneven; for example Browser has it, but CB10 doesn't. It's great when it works, though.

Posted via CB10
    That support needs to come from the app itself. i.e. you'll most likely see an update from CB10 shortly with updates to support the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    mincanada and matspeter like this.
    09-26-14 04:13 PM
    That support needs to come from the app itself. i.e. you'll most likely see an update from CB10 shortly with updates to support the Passport.

Posted via CB10
    I find the assertion that CB10 will update soon untenable at best and a flagrant disregard of reality at worst.

But yeah, it's probably an import bb.cascades 1.3 thing.

Posted via CB10
    Optimus4 likes this.
    09-26-14 04:15 PM
616 ... 7891011 ...