I need a new phone and my budget is around €350-400
    that means a Passport or Priv

I had for 5 years a android phone but is on the end of the life time before this, I had always a phone with a keyboard and want again a phone with keyboard, I like the Passport but it is a phone from 2014, I use my phone for call or email, not much apps. but I need to use this apps Connexxion, 9292, NS, ING, WhatsApp.

are these apps aviable for the Passport?
    10-03-17 08:01 AM
    I'm not sure about the other apps but if you need WhatsApp the Passport isn't an option. The native app will only work until the end of the year, after that you can try installing the Android apk but there's no guarantee it will keep working on BB10 and compared to the native app the experience isn't that great either (notifications aren't as reliable, you need to perform a workaround fix to send media, etc).

If you want a keyboard phone you should look into the Priv or Keyone.
    10-03-17 10:02 AM
    Keep watching here I would say

https://www.mediamarkt.de/de/product...z-1900829.html

Every now and then they drop the price to around 150 euro. Pickup at a store is what I do.

Concerning the apps. Whatsapp native still works. The WA apk works with some work arounds. No reason to think that one will stop working.

For the Dutch apps you mention. For me the major one is Flitsmeister and that one works well. No reason to think why NS would suddenly only target the most modern android version so those apps will work.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-17 01:11 PM
    Oh, I have Priv as well. All apps work. Running NPO streams or RTLXL streams in the background is trouble some as on all androids.

Nicer screen as well as long as its not in sunlight.

Battery not so good though. And keyboard quite poor compared to Classic or 9900 and also Passport.

Plus point is that Priv keyboard is 4 rows whereas Passport has the incomplete 3 row keyboard.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-17 01:16 PM
    Out of curiosity I installed the ING app on the Classic. Works. So will work on passport as well.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-17 01:20 PM

Concerning the apps. Whatsapp native still works. The WA apk works with some work arounds. No reason to think that one will stop working.
    WhatsApp native will only work until the end of the year it also hasn't received any substantial updates in nearly two years at this point so it's lacking features that are standard on other platforms (video calls, replies, 2FA, etc). The developer behind the native app has also confirmed that features in the Android app could stop working on BB10 at anytime as they aren't testing on the runtime.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12895553
    10-04-17 01:28 PM
    WhatsApp native will only work until the end of the year it also hasn't received any substantial updates in nearly two years at this point so it's lacking features that are standard on other platforms (video calls, replies, 2FA, etc).
    Yes. And? Mine is able to reply by the way and still fully functional as a (group)chat app.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-17 02:37 PM
    The developer behind the native app has also confirmed that features in the Android app could stop working on BB10 at anytime as they aren't testing on the runtime.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb.../#post12895553
    Sure. A meteorite destroying life on earth within next 24h is just a likely as specifically this runtime stopping to work.

Nice disclaimer, nothing more, nothing less.

Start worrying when 4.3 in general will be cut off by WA.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-17 02:46 PM
    Watch here: https://www.skroutz.gr/s/5663559/Bla...ort+blackberry I bought mine for 225€ including shipping.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-17 03:17 PM
    thank you for the messages will buy the Passport now
    10-04-17 03:20 PM
    Yes. And? Mine is able to reply by the way and still fully functional as a (group)chat app.

Posted via CB10
    Native WhatsApp doesn't support @ replies or message quotes, you must be thinking of something else.

WhatsApp Gets Message Quotes and Replies | Technology News

Sure. A meteorite destroying life on earth within next 24h is just a likely as specifically this runtime stopping to work.

Nice disclaimer, nothing more, nothing less.

Start worrying when 4.3 in general will be cut off by WA.

Posted via CB10
    It has nothing to do with the Android version that WhatsApp supports. As the developer (a WhatsApp employee) stated, it has more to do with how the runtime on BB10 works that could cause problems, I mean, the app doesn't fully work as is without a fix precisely due to that.

If OP still wants to buy a BB10 device that's up to them, I just think they should know the issues surrounding one of their listed apps.
    10-04-17 04:28 PM
    Native WhatsApp doesn't support @ replies or message quotes, you must be thinking of something else.

WhatsApp Gets Message Quotes and Replies | Technology News

It has nothing to do with the Android version that WhatsApp supports. As the developer (a WhatsApp employee) stated, it has more to do with how the runtime on BB10 works that could cause problems, I mean, the app doesn't fully work as is without a fix precisely due to that.

If OP still wants to buy a BB10 device that's up to them, I just think they should know the issues surrounding one of their listed apps.
    Bangmakerij ben je mee bezig.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-17 12:30 AM
    Can anybody suggest kindle and Whatsapp apk versions to load on passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-09-17 03:02 AM
    Bangmakerij ben je mee bezig.

Posted via CB10
    English please.

Can anybody suggest kindle and Whatsapp apk versions to load on passport.

Posted via CB10
    https://www.whatsapp.com/android/
    11-09-17 10:12 AM