01-10-19 08:34 PM
39 12
tools
    thank you!

thanks again! i will look around.. but there is always the option of buying a used on within warranty
    Warranty???
    01-08-19 07:30 AM
    Warranty???
    yup, found one
    cool, right? it's like a reassuring fact that the device was not used for more than 2 years
    01-08-19 07:34 AM
    yup, found one
    cool, right? it's like a reassuring fact that the device was not used for more than 2 years
    What kind of warranty on used device?
    01-08-19 07:52 PM
    What kind of warranty on used device?
    hi there, the device was bought in july 2017 so until july 2019 it is still in warranty, even though this does not mean much in regards to support in case it stops working, but as i said it tells me it hasn't been used more than ~2years.
    01-09-19 12:12 AM
    I would go for that and the case is probably that the battery is still good. Order a spare battery from Aliexpress and when you need to, change it yourself, it's super easy to do on passport

Posted via CB10
    frigider likes this.
    01-09-19 03:49 AM
    hi there, the device was bought in july 2017 so until july 2019 it is still in warranty, even though this does not mean much in regards to support in case it stops working, but as i said it tells me it hasn't been used more than ~2years.
    Who gives two year warranty and what does warranty give? I understand it’s not BlackBerry warranty...
    01-09-19 06:35 AM
    Who gives two year warranty and what does warranty give? I understand it’s not BlackBerry warranty...
    doesn't matter, as i said, it means the device was used since 07.2017 until today. not for 5 years. that's all.

i do not know who gives the warranty (the store where the phone was bought, right?).

what it does? maybe if it dies i get a refund? who knows?

don't care, hope it lasts forever!!

BB 4life.
    01-09-19 06:38 AM
    It's the store you bought the phone from. They are legaly obligated to service/repair the phone, or if that's not possible exchange for a working one, or if it's not available make a compensation with another model in price range.
    That's in theory and they will try to dich you as a supposed water damage or some thing you did that voids the warrany.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-19 02:06 AM
    It's the store you bought the phone from. They are legaly obligated to service/repair the phone, or if that's not possible exchange for a working one, or if it's not available make a compensation with another model in price range.
    That's in theory and they will try to dich you as a supposed water damage or some thing you did that voids the warrany.

Posted via CB10
    That’s interesting. Doesn’t matter how old the phone is?
    01-10-19 05:48 AM
    Yeah, well they have it listed in store for a price and if they still have it and not dumped the price and got rid of them, they then have to issue a warranty, if you buy from them.
    In Belgrade, Serbia two stores have some BB10 devices, Passport 170€, Classic 170€, Z30 130€... if you buy it for that price in a store, you get a written warranty. How that's works if needed it's another story.

Posted via CB10
    01-10-19 06:53 AM

i owned a used q5, had a passport for a few days and sent it back (location not accurate), currentlu use a Classic and own a KeyOne but i do not like the pseudo hub, android OS etc..
    so i know and LIKE BB OS quite a lot, even if it is a bit "slow"..

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO REPLY TO SEVERAL POSTS IN A SINGLE POST??

we are moving away from the subject, i was asking about the Asia Specs for the Passport.
    I called the store here and i was told it has just the Asian languages
    ...lol..
    so i will not buy it from them for sure..even though i could install bb os with english too, as i installed 10.3.2 on the q5 even though it was not on the supported devices list.
    frigider my friend, you're in the wrong place if you're looking for people to assist you with actively using and continuing to use Blackberry 10 devices. (Well, unless I or my fellow BB10 patriots find the thread. Many Crackberry users will try and convince you to go GooBerry now, sadly enough.

It seems like you're good to go but let us know if you need any more help. The BB10 Faithful are here to assist!
    01-10-19 07:53 PM
    frigider my friend, you're in the wrong place if you're looking for people to assist you with actively using and continuing to use Blackberry 10 devices. (Well, unless I or my fellow BB10 patriots find the thread. Many Crackberry users will try and convince you to go GooBerry now, sadly enough.

It seems like you're good to go but let us know if you need any more help. The BB10 Faithful are here to assist!
    TrumpetTiger, in your speed to defend the BB10, the OP concern was hardware related around cost in poor country, Romania, with that being OP statement. Nobody here slammed the BB10 and many here actually helped regarding the software overlap.

Helping BB10 users is something I can only do in very limited capacity, but then again, I can’t help BBAndroid or BBOS users much better from tech standpoint. However, sometimes the discussion, is the support, to what’s important for them. Bias, from any of us, is bad for business.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    01-10-19 08:20 PM
    TrumpetTiger, in your speed to defend the BB10, the OP concern was hardware related around cost in poor country, Romania, with that being OP statement. Nobody here slammed the BB10 and many here actually helped regarding the software overlap.

Helping BB10 users is something I can only do in very limited capacity, but then again, I can’t help BBAndroid or BBOS users much better from tech standpoint. However, sometimes the discussion, is the support, to what’s important for them. Bias, from any of us, is bad for business.
    I completely agree Chuck. However, the OP themselves even saw the anti-BB10 sentiment and complained about it. dakusama, JJBBGreat, and even you yourself commented on the relative merits of Android vs. BB10 rather than answer the OP's question.

The question is always what's important for the OP--that's why I don't tend to post in the Android forums, as there are those better qualified than I to support that device. If the OP is asking about BB10 specs, the proper response is to answer that question, not try and mention BB10 being EOL, debate the relative value of Android devices, or anything else.

I'd also completely agree that bias is bad for the users. However, while you yourself have become much less of a naysayer in recent months, there is so much bias on Crackberry against Blackberry 10 it's not even funny anymore. As I've stated many times: if people want to continue to use that OS or find ways to extend its life, let them. If you truly believe nothing can be done to bring it back, fine--let those of us who might want to explore options explore them and fail. But don't try and slam the OS just because you have a different point of view.

Now, I expect that request to fall on deaf ears, but since you made a sincere comment about it I wanted to respond with the same sincerity. However, again, you're absolutely right--it's supporting the OP and users that matters most.
    01-10-19 08:30 PM
    I completely agree Chuck. However, the OP themselves even saw the anti-BB10 sentiment and complained about it. dakusama, JJBBGreat, and even you yourself commented on the relative merits of Android vs. BB10 rather than answer the OP's question.

The question is always what's important for the OP--that's why I don't tend to post in the Android forums, as there are those better qualified than I to support that device. If the OP is asking about BB10 specs, the proper response is to answer that question, not try and mention BB10 being EOL, debate the relative value of Android devices, or anything else.

I'd also completely agree that bias is bad for the users. However, while you yourself have become much less of a naysayer in recent months, there is so much bias on Crackberry against Blackberry 10 it's not even funny anymore. As I've stated many times: if people want to continue to use that OS or find ways to extend its life, let them. If you truly believe nothing can be done to bring it back, fine--let those of us who might want to explore options explore them and fail. But don't try and slam the OS just because you have a different point of view.

Now, I expect that request to fall on deaf ears, but since you made a sincere comment about it I wanted to respond with the same sincerity. However, again, you're absolutely right--it's supporting the OP and users that matters most.
    I commented on using Android version only to estimate pricing for hardware. I didn’t inject my opinions about the different OS since it wasn’t relevant. I’ve avoided most of the merits of BBOS vs BB10 vs BBAndroid discussions since my business and sales usage experience isn’t relevant with tech debate.
    01-10-19 08:34 PM
39 12