Hi guys, couldn't find an answer on the web, in my country (Romania) there is a BB Passport White model "Asian Specs" for sale at a store.

Cannot seem to find out what is the difference between this AS model and the regular "europe?" version.

It is cheap at under 200euros. The black regular one is 335 euros.

If it is ok as in specs i will try to ignore the white color and give it a go.

So please help !!!!
    01-06-19 02:52 AM
    Unopened box Passports with Europe specs in Belgrade, Serbia are 175€ in couple of stores that still have them! I think you would be better off shipping one from here to Romania...

Posted via CB10
    01-06-19 03:45 AM
    Unopened box Passports with Europe specs in Belgrade, Serbia are 175€ in couple of stores that still have them! I think you would be better off shipping one from here to Romania...

Posted via CB10
    I think you are so right my friend, romania is a poor country (third world or lower, not kidding) yet everything is so expensive - gasoline, electronics etc.

I will consider this option, the warranty is international?
    01-06-19 04:09 AM
    No it's not and I wouldn't rally to much on warranty, since it's EOL device... it's a shop one year warranty if needed, they would be obligated to fix of eventually replace the device...

Posted via CB10
    01-06-19 04:15 AM
    No it's not and I wouldn't rally to much on warranty, since it's EOL device... it's a shop one year warranty if needed, they would be obligated to fix of eventually replace the device...

Posted via CB10
    Cannot argue with that. Anyway, it's a new device so it should be top notch

Fingers crossed!
    01-06-19 04:29 AM
    Please be advised that the Passport is EOL, and BB10 will be EOL with the beginning of 2019. Even 175 is too much money to use a phone for only a year. You might be better off with a used KeyOne.
    01-06-19 05:26 AM
    Please be advised that the Passport is EOL, and BB10 will be EOL with the beginning of 2019. Even 175 is too much money to use a phone for only a year. You might be better off with a used KeyOne.
    You cannot affirm that you cannot use BB10 after Dez 2019. Even Bla1Ze and Conite cannot say this, since nobody knows 100%.

Sure 175 euros are quite a lot for a Passport now....

Posted via CB10
    01-06-19 06:58 AM
    You cannot affirm that you cannot use BB10 after Dez 2019. Even Bla1Ze and Conite cannot say this, since nobody knows 100%.

Posted via CB10
    I did not say it won't work. I said that it will be EOL. These devices can of course still work, but they will not be supported anymore.

I do not think you should invest nearly 200 EUR for phone that's as old as the Passport and that will become EOL in a year.
    01-06-19 07:11 AM

Posted via CB10
    The biggest risk with Passport now is not the software risk, but the hardware risk. Between (screen lift issues) and (emergency calls only/no service/WiFi only) the age of any mobile device as old as the Passport should be concern. From compatibility issues with (2G/3G ending) to component failure, the device may still function software wise and still be subject to limited usability.

For a device that’s great for calls, texting and email, what’s the value if all that’s left is email and some web browsing when desired sites will actually load? What’s Android phone running full Jellybean worth now brand new on Amazon in 2019 from third party seller? Add or subtract $25-$50 depending on the Android model you’re thinking of now and you have the value of Passport in 2019 now....
    01-06-19 07:49 AM
    I did not say it won't work. I said that it will be EOL. These devices can of course still work, but they will not be supported anymore.

I do not think you should invest nearly 200 EUR for phone that's as old as the Passport and that will become EOL in a year.
    Did you read what you wrote above? You questioned that the phone will be working for one year only.... your words, sorry!

Posted via CB10
    01-06-19 08:30 AM
    In your case I would recommend used Passport or even better Classic (it tends to have less problems), then new device. Passports in great condition goes around 90€ and Classic around 60€... I bought my second Classic used and it's in great condition and the battery is like new. That said I ordered spare battery from aliexpress in case I want to still use it after.
    In the spirit of the above stated, the device on OS10 is for people that know it's limitation and are about using it for its core functions which do work very well... how is going to be after 31.12.2019. Is uncertain. IMHO we'll be able to still use our devices if it meets our needs.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-19 08:34 AM
    The biggest risk with Passport now is not the software risk, but the hardware risk. Between (screen lift issues) and (emergency calls only/no service/WiFi only) the age of any mobile device as old as the Passport should be concern. From compatibility issues with (2G/3G ending) to component failure, the device may still function software wise and still be subject to limited usability.

For a device that’s great for calls, texting and email, what’s the value if all that’s left is email and some web browsing when desired sites will actually load? What’s Android phone running full Jellybean worth now brand new on Amazon in 2019 from third party seller? Add or subtract $25-$50 depending on the Android model you’re thinking of now and you have the value of Passport in 2019 now....
    Well, the guy above was advicing to buy a Keyone... that speaking about hardware failure is at top, among some few others of its generation. And no excuse to be a new product... although is 2 years old...or more. Then speaking about software.... it lags, and this is also recognized in many posts... so why advice to buy something not well performing?

For somebody who wants to try the Passport, 100 euros is OK, more I think would be only for collectors or as backup phone. We all know this...and is EOL. EOL does it not mean that it will be stop working....

I know CB is now the house of TCL merchandising, but advice to buy a Keyone now is ridicolous (for me...personal opinion). Soc 625...3GB Ram...lags... I know that TCL needs desperately to increase his stock of sold BB with Android and CB is here for this, but let's not exaggerate. Maybe a Key2 LE would be better...but again, for the price... you make photos ridicolous.... think if you need the Passport for primary phone (not adviced or depending on the needs to advice) or for backup.

I would say to the OP...read not just this thread...give it a look in all CB forum... and then take your choose.

Posted via CB10
    01-06-19 08:40 AM
    Don't forget those built-in batteries just sitting around never having been charged up since they left the 'lot'.
    01-07-19 04:15 PM
    I own three Passports. No longer worth the money, except for calls, texts, and email. Period.
    01-07-19 04:17 PM
    I own three Passports. No longer worth the money, except for calls, texts, and email. Period.
    Podcasts? Music player? Light browsing? Document editing? Light gaming? Weather? Pics/video? GPS navigation?

Bb10's eol status notwithstanding, the device does a little more than what you suggest.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by mh1983; 01-07-19 at 04:44 PM.
    cyberdoggie likes this.
    01-07-19 04:23 PM
    You forgot "turn on" and "light up." Yes, it does all of those things, but not in a way that is, and I quote, "worth the money." All of the functions are antiquated and/or slow and/or degraded and/or unreliable. On the other hand, calls, text and email are all quite functional, even preferable over some current phones.
    01-07-19 05:12 PM
    You forgot "turn on" and "light up." Yes, it does all of those things, but not in a way that is, and I quote, "worth the money." All of the functions are antiquated and/or slow and/or degraded and/or unreliable. On the other hand, calls, text and email are all quite functional, even preferable over some current phones.
    Well, if it's worth the money for just calls/texting/email, I'm just saying it can do a little more than that (and arguably, rather well). I liken it to a smart feature phone.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-19 05:22 PM
    Fair enough. I admit I was trying to give the OP some counsel -- not worth it, in my opinion, unless you just need/want a good device for communication, with a limited future.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    01-07-19 06:23 PM
    I know CB is now the house of TCL merchandising, but advice to buy a Keyone now is ridicolous (for me...personal opinion)
    How is recommending purchasing a used phone being "the house of TCL merchandising"?

@frigider if you have previous BB10 experience and are prepared to replace the battery, go for it. If this is your first venture into BB10, I'd suggest finding a used one at less than $100 to experiment with. Those new in box will still be there in a few months, and you can always sell a cheap used one for what you paid.
    01-07-19 10:51 PM
    I have a keyone but i don't like android and it's pseudo Hub

i have some issues, for sure...
    01-08-19 01:22 AM

Posted via CB10
    mr Chen said there will be 2 years of support... i'm pretty optimistic and hope it will go 5+years of use.. used as email, sms, browsing, nothing more.
    01-08-19 01:24 AM
    didn't think of this...maybe i will look for used ones..
    01-08-19 01:27 AM
    How is recommending purchasing a used phone being "the house of TCL merchandising"?

@frigider if you have previous BB10 experience and are prepared to replace the battery, go for it. If this is your first venture into BB10, I'd suggest finding a used one at less than $100 to experiment with. Those new in box will still be there in a few months, and you can always sell a cheap used one for what you paid.
    i owned a used q5, had a passport for a few days and sent it back (location not accurate), currentlu use a Classic and own a KeyOne but i do not like the pseudo hub, android OS etc..
    so i know and LIKE BB OS quite a lot, even if it is a bit "slow"..

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO REPLY TO SEVERAL POSTS IN A SINGLE POST??

we are moving away from the subject, i was asking about the Asia Specs for the Passport.
    I called the store here and i was told it has just the Asian languages
    ...lol..
    so i will not buy it from them for sure..even though i could install bb os with english too, as i installed 10.3.2 on the q5 even though it was not on the supported devices list.
    01-08-19 01:30 AM
    we are moving away from the subject, i was asking about the Asia Specs for the Passport.
    I called the store here and i was told it has just the Asian languages...lol..
    so i will not buy it from them for sure..even though i could install bb os with english too, as i installed 10.3.2 on the q5 even though it was not on the supported devices list.
    This should help.

CAN ANYONE TELL ME HOW TO REPLY TO SEVERAL POSTS IN A SINGLE POST??
    Quote, copy, quote another, paste. From PC select text to quote, click quote, select another, click quote.
    01-08-19 06:34 AM
    From PC select text to quote, click quote, select another, click quote.
    thank you!

This should help.
    thanks again! i will look around.. but there is always the option of buying a used on within warranty
    01-08-19 07:24 AM
39 12