It's funny that so many people are defending Blackberry and blaming the user. When the Apple "bendgate" was occurring everyone in here was screaming poor build quality and that it was all Apple's fault. Here it's not Blackberry's fault but all the users for being too rough on their top notch build quality phone. Too funny.
    There's a little bit of a difference between what BlackBerry used to build verses the Passport. Plastic case with metal trim versus all metal.

Apple on the other hand people were expecting them to build the harder thicker cased phones like there previous 3 4 &5.
    But apple didn't. They went thinner material on the 6.
    But in the end of it all, apple users were to blame for the bend.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    Last edited by shawnreum; 07-22-15 at 11:19 PM.
    07-22-15 02:44 PM
    Never had a issue with my Passport. Using it every second of the day + without any case. Still looks the same!
    Same here @9mo

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 02:52 PM
    It's funny that so many people are defending Blackberry and blaming the user. When the Apple "bendgate" was occurring everyone in here was screaming poor build quality and that it was all Apple's fault. Here it's not Blackberry's fault but all the users for being too rough on their top notch build quality phone. Too funny.
    Not all the passports have this problem so 90% it's a user fault, but for iphone 6 it's apple cause all the phones are bending

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    07-22-15 04:14 PM
    Not all the passports have this problem so 90% it's a user fault, but for iphone 6 it's apple cause all the phones are bending

Lol right.
    dejanh likes this.
    07-22-15 04:22 PM

Distortion field is too strong!

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 06:22 PM
    Lol.... I had my passport for 6 months without a case and dropped that beast over three times on a kitchen floor and nothing happened. BS

Posted via CB10
    Check your kitchen floor tiles... there must be 'dead giveaway'...

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 11:35 PM

Now THAT'S funny.

Posted via C5303
    07-23-15 07:00 AM
    What's so funny about what I said guys? Am I wrong?

07-23-15 07:02 AM
    You're probably not wrong. To bend all the iPhone 6 devices, all the users have to be harsh to make it happen.
    07-23-15 07:52 AM
    Do not put 500$+ devices in pants pockets...PERIOD. Regardless of what fruit symbol they have. If yours isn't bent because of physical stresses then perhaps evaluate your usage or environment.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    07-23-15 08:08 AM
    Had my Passport since December last year. Still look like brand new! :P

Pasaporte Pilipinas | SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339
    07-23-15 08:15 AM
    What's so funny about what I said guys? Am I wrong?

Yes you are wrong and I hope you don't honestly believe that all iPhone 6's are bending.
    07-23-15 09:52 AM
    Do not put 500$+ devices in pants pockets...PERIOD. Regardless of what fruit symbol they have. If yours isn't bent because of physical stresses then perhaps evaluate your usage or environment.

Z30STA100-5/10.3.1.2558
    Sorry, but phones are meant to be worn in pant pockets. Though it may not be the wisest decision as we don't know the effects that the extra radiation will have on our bodies.

But if you're not going to carry a phone in a pocket because you're afraid of bending it, then a sad life awaits. These phones matter so little and shouldn't incite worry. Anything a human uses should fit into a natural lifestyle, not the other way around. That's what industrial design is all about.

Posted via CB10
    07-23-15 10:41 PM
    Sorry, but phones are meant to be worn in pant pockets. Though it may not be the wisest decision as we don't know the effects that the extra radiation will have on our bodies.

But if you're not going to carry a phone in a pocket because you're afraid of bending it, then a sad life awaits. These phones matter so little and shouldn't incite worry. Anything a human uses should fit into a natural lifestyle, not the other way around. That's what industrial design is all about.

Posted via CB10
    Worn in pockets Yes.
    Sat on or leaned against No.

Industrial age, then get an industrial designed phone. Don't purchase an elegant phone. Passport, Iphone 6, LG G4, M9 etc... for a few examples of "elegant" phones.
    Industrial example, KYOCERA Brigadier
    But who wants a phone that looks like it?

They do make different designed phones for different lifestyles.
    Choose the best one for your life and be happy, or pay the price to deal with issues one might have.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    GreenCopperz likes this.
    07-24-15 06:49 AM
    "I challenge you to bend the Passport," were Chen's exact words during the launch event for the Passport. So given that he said that do you think people should have been concerned about this issue occurring with the phone? It would be like a car manufacturer saying "This car can't be dented" and defending the car manufacturer when the car got a dent because people parked the car in high traffic areas that were susceptible to door dings.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-24-15 07:08 AM
    "I challenge you to bend the Passport," were Chen's exact words during the launch event for the Passport. So given that he said that do you think people should have been concerned about this issue occurring with the phone? It would be like a car manufacturer saying "This car can't be dented" and defending the car manufacturer when the car got a dent because people parked the car in high traffic areas that were susceptible to door dings.
    What's with the all the Car analogies... ?

Posted via CB10
    07-24-15 08:45 AM
    What's with the all the Car analogies... ?

Posted via CB10
    Ok how about a glass manufacturer saying their glass can't break and challenging people to break it. Then when it gets broken blaming the user for being too rough with it and causing it to break.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-24-15 08:56 AM
    I don't think we are going to be able to establish 100% responsibility for the issue. Obviously, the pants pockets are a precarious place for a smartphone, especially in the back pocket. Jeans are probably worse then more flexible fabric. If you are squatting down, the front pockets could be a problem, too. More importantly, the size of the phone makes a difference. The Classic and regular iPhone probably aren't as susceptible because they aren't as wide. I wouldn't call it a design defect any more than a thinner bezel makes it easier to crack the screen when it's dropped.
    07-24-15 09:22 AM
    Industrial example, KYOCERA Brigadier
    But who wants a phone that looks like it?
    I think geologists, gold miners, paleontologists, engineers, construction workers, Safari guides would want one. But then these sort of chaps hardly hang around in forums like crackberry and debate the bend issue to death, ignoring common sense use of a phone meant for civil use.
    Not to forget the dexter, its a good thing companies started making Industrial use phones way back in 2000.
    07-24-15 05:19 PM
94 ... 234