Why does one go through 7 passports if no issues have occured?
    That's how much i love passport. I bought all colors and bought few used. Red passport for collection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    07-21-15 10:58 AM
    7 passport and posted via iphone, lol

 CB10 - Q10 - 10.3.2.680 
    krazyatom and eyesopen1111 like this.
    07-21-15 11:02 AM
    7 passport and posted via iphone, lol

Yeah, who is this guy? Not even the CB app?
    moegh and krazyatom like this.
    07-21-15 11:29 AM
    Our sales team of about 50 use Passports and to this day nobody has had an issue with screen lifting!

 Passport SQW100-1 / 10.3.2.2226 Rogers Wireless Posted via CB
    07-21-15 12:03 PM
    Yeah, who is this guy? Not even the CB app?
    I never said I only use blackberry devices lol. I have Samsung Galaxy s6 too lol. I have most of blackberry devices though if that helps you guys where I am coming from.

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-21-15 12:10 PM
    I never said I only use blackberry devices lol. I have Samsung Galaxy s6 too lol. I have most of blackberry devices though if that helps you guys where I am coming from.

Just tells me you're loaded. Or have no control over your spending habits.

Posted via CB10
    krazyatom likes this.
    07-21-15 01:40 PM
    Just tells me you're loaded. Or have no control over your spending habits.

Posted via CB10
    I save money to buy them. I saved over 6 month to purchase iPhone

MarsupilamiX likes this.
    07-21-15 02:21 PM
    I save money to buy them. I saved over 6 month to purchase iPhone

I think you have a problem. Lie down and we'll talk about it.
    extisis and krazyatom like this.
    07-21-15 02:32 PM

Geek, well if I had enough money I'll do the same, I love to get all new things, but I'm not a good saver lol

krazyatom likes this.
    07-21-15 07:08 PM
    Point blank!!!

People, don't sit on your phones.
    Don't lean against it while in your front pockets.

They aren't designed for 100 plus pounds to be pressed into them.
    If your planning on that or that's how you treat your phones, go get a contractors rated phone. One of those fat rubbered walkie talkie type phones.

Otherwise, enough with the finger pointing assumptions about what the problem is. Especially since no one will tear down the phone and get photos of what the individual part is that causes this so call bend/twist.

You don't go out and buy a $100,000 sports car, hit one pot hole and say it's a design flaw because you bent the suspension whether you recall hitting the hole or not. It would never fly.

"I reject your reality and substitute my own!" from Adam Savage
    You do realise that phones are portable mobile electronics right? If a product is not meant to be used and treated in the same way as every other comparable product on the market (ie in this case every other phone), then surely the onus must be on the manufacturer to make this known?

If people can safely purchase and carry literally ever other phone available in their pocket without fear of damage if treated with care, how is it the fault of the user if they assume the same is true of the Passport?

Your sports car analogy doesn't work. A comparable analogy would be a car experiencing unforeseen defects when it is kept outside and not in a garage.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 01:45 AM
    You do realise that phones are portable mobile electronics right? If a product is not meant to be used and treated in the same way as every other comparable product on the market (ie in this case every other phone), then surely the onus must be on the manufacturer to make this known?

If people can safely purchase and carry literally ever other phone available in their pocket without fear of damage if treated with care, how is it the fault of the user if they assume the same is true of the Passport?

Your sports car analogy doesn't work. A comparable analogy would be a car experiencing unforeseen defects when it is kept outside and not in a garage.

Posted via CB10
    Your assumption comparison has no grounds for argument. As all objects are not made equally, and one would have to be ignorant to make such assumptions about anything like that.
    Take Law for example, each state has there own laws, just because a Law holds true in one state doesn't mean it holds true in another.
    Same concept.
    Your statement is pure assumption.

Ok,
    Keep a car outside.
    Keep it under a tree which drops a heavy amount of leaves.
    You don't clean the car off and the leaves bleed into and stain the car.
    Assumption on the user's end, the car has clear coat and withstands leaf staining.
    To a degree yes, but extended periods of time no.
    It would be considered user/owner neglect.

I could go on and on with these examples for you. But the one I first stated is the best analogy. And does work. It's a prime example of what people think they can do to the Passport or expect from it with out harm being done.

Like I said before and I'll say it again.

Point blank, phones are not meant to have 100 pounds sat on them (back pocket) nor leaned into them (front pocket).
    And assuming so is ignorance on the user's end.

07-22-15 05:37 AM
    Lol.... I had my passport for 6 months without a case and dropped that beast over three times on a kitchen floor and nothing happened. BS

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 05:51 AM
    Your assumption comparison has no grounds for argument. As all objects are not made equally, and one would have to be ignorant to make such assumptions about anything like that.
    Take Law for example, each state has there own laws, just because a Law holds true in one state doesn't mean it holds true in another.
    Same concept.
    Your statement is pure assumption.

Ok,
    Keep a car outside.
    Keep it under a tree which drops a heavy amount of leaves.
    You don't clean the car off and the leaves bleed into and stain the car.
    Assumption on the user's end, the car has clear coat and withstands leaf staining.
    To a degree yes, but extended periods of time no.
    It would be considered user/owner neglect.

I could go on and on with these examples for you. But the one I first stated is the best analogy. And does work. It's a prime example of what people think they can do to the Passport or expect from it with out harm being done.

Like I said before and I'll say it again.

Point blank, phones are not meant to have 100 pounds sat on them (back pocket) nor leaned into them (front pocket).
    And assuming so is ignorance on the user's end.

I don't think you've understood the point I was making - if anything, your examples actually support it (so, thanks?).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    07-22-15 06:24 AM
    That's how much i love passport. I bought all colors and bought few used. Red passport for collection.

Wow. I usually upgrade every year on contract. I think I'll go sim-only until the Passport drops down to �300 or so. I can't justify the current pricing while my Z30 is still as new and fast as when I got it. If I had the spare money I'd probably be doing the same as you. I'd get both the Passport and Classic I think. Ah well, one can dream right.
    krazyatom likes this.
    07-22-15 06:26 AM
    I don't think you've understood the point I was making - if anything, your examples actually support it (so, thanks?).

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Don't be that way. Your sports car comparison was ridiculous. The Passport is a tank in most ways, and it can take a fall. But it has a major design flaw, and ATT saw this and demanded a redesign. Does the ATT Passport have these issues? Not from what I've read.

The Passport twists with ginger use. Can't put it in pajama pants front pocket? Too much for the frame in my experience.
    07-22-15 06:50 AM
    @deadcowboy Actually I was the one saying that the sports car comparison was ridiculous in reply to the person who made it. Glad we agree
    07-22-15 07:05 AM
    @deadcowboy Actually I was the one saying that the sports car comparison was ridiculous in reply to the person who made it. Glad we agree
    Oh my bad, got the two of you confused, but you realized that haha.

You made some great points.
    3Dee likes this.
    07-22-15 08:04 AM

Posted via CB10
    Phones are portable electronics, but what electronic is meant to have 100 pounds on it?
    Have you also noticed that most phones are plastic not metal?

It's not the responsibility of a manufacturer to point out to a consumer that their (consumers) assumptions based on previous experiences with different brands and materials used don't hold true to the manufacturers current product.

And yes the analogy does work just fine.
    Your just to dead set on your opinions to understand it.

This is what your telling or asking in the same way but with phones.....
    A sedan and sports car both have suspension. They are both vehicles designed to be on paved or graded roads, something other than a two track. Why can't the sports car hit the same pot holes as a sedan can with out the possibility of wrecking the suspension? The manufacturer should point that out to consumers that a sports car can not hit the same pot hole as a sedan without possible damage.

The above is exactly what your saying.

And yes, people can safely carry there passports in both the front and back pockets with out fear of damage. But use logical and common sense while doing it.
    I do, and have no issues with bending nor twisting. Why? Because I don't sit on my phone when in back pockets and I don't lean into it when in front pockets.
    And if your a person who does.....then stick to plastic phones. Not metal encased or metal laced phones.

07-22-15 08:59 AM
    Phones are portable electronics, but what electronic is meant to have 100 pounds on it?
    Have you also noticed that most phones are plastic not metal?

It's not the responsibility of a manufacturer to point out to a consumer that their (consumers) assumptions based on previous experiences with different brands and materials used don't hold true to the manufacturers current product.

And yes the analogy does work just fine.
    Your just to dead set on your opinions to understand it.

This is what your telling or asking in the same way but with phones.....
    A sedan and sports car both have suspension. They are both vehicles designed to be on paved or graded roads, something other than a two track. Why can't the sports car hit the same pot holes as a sedan can with out the possibility of wrecking the suspension? The manufacturer should point that out to consumers that a sports car can not hit the same pot hole as a sedan without possible damage.

The above is exactly what your saying.

And yes, people can safely carry there passports in both the front and back pockets with out fear of damage. But use logical and common sense while doing it.
    I do, and have no issues with bending nor twisting. Why? Because I don't sit on my phone when in back pockets and I don't lean into it when in front pockets.
    And if your a person who does.....then stick to plastic phones. Not metal encased or metal laced phones.

You continue to make the point that the torsion is due to people sitting on it or leaning against it.

But forget that for a second, because it's not the issue in my experience.

The Passport will twist without any trauma. Simple, non-abusive use will reveal twisting after weeks or less.
    07-22-15 10:18 AM
    @shawnreum - I've already told you to go look for my threads from October/November period. All of the pictures you require are there. I attached them all as a ZIP file I believe to one of the posts. I tore down the whole phone and rebuilt it using my own adhesive. When I took it apart, I noticed that the metal frame was twisted like a corkscrew. My phone never took any abuse at all, and was never carried in any tight pants or back pockets. At that time, I only carried it in my dress shirt pocket and occasionally in my front pocket of my dress pants when I am not sitting down.

In order to repair the phone I had to both twist the frame back and apply new adhesive. My first attempt involved just applying new adhesive, but the screen detached again a few days later.

Do note though that the bending is not the sole cause of the screen lifting away from the frame. In some instances it is purely the adhesive that fails.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 10:57 AM
    There is no zip in your screen lifting thread.

07-22-15 11:42 AM
    Be careful when downloading files...
    07-22-15 12:36 PM
    No bends here on two Passports.

Posted via CB10
    07-22-15 12:50 PM
    It's funny that so many people are defending Blackberry and blaming the user. When the Apple "bendgate" was occurring everyone in here was screaming poor build quality and that it was all Apple's fault. Here it's not Blackberry's fault but all the users for being too rough on their top notch build quality phone. Too funny.
    JanuarJaguar and kbz1960 like this.
    07-22-15 01:12 PM
    There is no zip in your screen lifting thread.

You are correct. There is no ZIP. I could not remember what I did back in October. Anyway, I did a bit of digging in that thread and post #176 has the link to teardown pics on MEGA. Post #180 and #183 also discuss some of the teardown details I believe, with #180 particularly focusing on the bent frame.
    07-22-15 02:40 PM
94 1234