05-14-15 03:19 PM
107 ... 345
tools
    I am the only BB10 in my company LATAM area. And we have MDM AIRWATCH, after enrollment of Q10, I could have email and calendar and contacts synchronized.
    04-16-15 10:55 PM
    When the IT guy heard I had a BlackBerry Passport that I wanted on the system he laughed and said "its not going to work, you need an iphone or Samsung to download the app"
    Long story short when I told him that I can download Afaria (the app the company uses) on my BlackBerry he was surprised and really wanted to know more about if it would work because a lot of others with the company who have BlackBerry wanted company email on their phones.

A shorter story, the request never made it pass the guy who gives authorization, his response was "only iphones and samsung are authorised company phones".

Meanwhile the gentleman at IT wants to get together to test if in fact it will/wont work for his curiosity and possibly have BlackBerry authorised as a BYOD again.

My only dilemma is if I want it done to my Q10 or my Passport. My understanding is the way my company is set up you can't even respond to the emails you're just alerted that you have one on your company email.
    So far it's more trouble than its worth with having to go through so many people just get this done.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 -Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    Last edited by 93Aero; 05-01-15 at 01:05 AM.
    04-30-15 02:21 PM
    Tell 'em to get a life off and get on board with phones that work!
    04-30-15 11:45 PM
    I think someone already tried Good Enterprise and it reports the device as rooted. Most system policies block rooted devices.
    Good has worked great on my z10 and Passport for the past two years. I'm in a highly regulated industry so I'm sure my employer's security standards are high. I just told IT that I had an android. Don't even have to leave an active frame open, I receive hub notifications and open emails directly from there.

Unfortunately, we're switching to MobileIron at the end of this year. Still seems unclear if it is possible to use it with BB10.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 12:39 AM
    I am having the same problem. Next Friday, mine is switching to AirWatch and only sent out support notes on Apple, Android and Windows devices. So annoying.
    That sounds like they're lumping BBOS and BB10 devices in the same category. It's sad that BlackBerry won't at least spend some money on educating the public about the stark differences between the old and the new. This would still fall in line with their current enterprise focus. They should test and ensure compatibility with other EMM/MDM solutions and demonstrate to the world that their devices are compatible and work fine with any solution.

Posted via CB10
    05-14-15 12:10 PM
    When the IT guy heard I had a BlackBerry Passport that I wanted on the system he laughed and said "its not going to work, you need an iphone or Samsung to download the app"
    Long story short when I told him that I can download Afaria (the app the company uses) on my BlackBerry he was surprised and really wanted to know more about if it would work because a lot of others with the company who have BlackBerry wanted company email on their phones.

A shorter story, the request never made it pass the guy who gives authorization, his response was "only iphones and samsung are authorised company phones".

Meanwhile the gentleman at IT wants to get together to test if in fact it will/wont work for his curiosity and possibly have BlackBerry authorised as a BYOD again.

My only dilemma is if I want it done to my Q10 or my Passport. My understanding is the way my company is set up you can't even respond to the emails you're just alerted that you have one on your company email.
    So far it's more trouble than its worth with having to go through so many people just get this done.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576 -Q10SQN100-5/10.3.1.2576 Posted via CB
    Just tell 'em that you got android. Enroll your user as per procedure for byod and use it on passport.

On control panel they'll see that you are enrolled, use android and device name is passport.

Everyone's happy

Posted via fantastic BlackBerry Passport. Damn, this thing is so awesome, that I am short of words to describe it's awesomenes. Like Majestic As...
    05-14-15 01:57 PM
    FYI: no case, IF the OP lives/works in an "at-will" employment state....
    Nah, this is better:

1. Tell them you won't replace the phone, get you one instead
    2. They refuse, and fire you for not complying with "business rules"
    3. Take them to labour court for dismissal without cause
    4. ????
    5. PROFIT
    05-14-15 03:19 PM
107 ... 345