Get a Note 4. Solid feeling metal build. 5.7" 515ppi screen. S-Pen. Big removable battery. SD card expandable. Snapdragon 805.
    04-09-15 02:08 AM
    If I have a phone that doesn't work on my employers network, then they can buy me a new one.
    I wouldn't buy a different one for them. You want to use my phone, then use it. Or don't

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Or change companies. In the end is a "work" phone and you won't use for personal use.

Posted with a BlackBerry Q10, Australia
    04-09-15 02:14 AM
    you keep saying this but what if they use another MDM solution and not just activesync?
    THIS!

Posted via CB10 on the President Underwood version of the BlackBerry Classic
    sentimentGX4 likes this.
    04-09-15 02:23 AM
    Yes, exactly. I work for a v large organisation. I think they use Good and probably older BES. No BB10 phones are allowed to connect to the network...
    04-09-15 02:45 AM
    I also receive daily automatic reminders from the it department that my device is not supported and that I need to stop using blackberry. I think they switched to mobile iron via vodafone

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 03:09 AM
    Not very happy, but IT says i am one of two people in the company still using a Blackberry. They claim that to renew the server will cost $4K. So, I've got to decide which android or IPhone will best match my business needs. Seems like the LG G3 accepts an SD card, replaceable battery and has a USB port.

I know we are all prejudiced again the consumer phones, but I need guidance as to the best out of these inferior phones.

I guess I'll be selling my unlocked Passport as I have a second one for my personal use.

PM me if you are interested.

Posted via CB10
    you know that most MDMs cannot see the difference between LG G3 and Passport, running android app for that MDM. therefore, Citrix Worx sees my pasport as Android... have you tried that?
    04-09-15 05:22 AM
    you keep saying this but what if they use another MDM solution and not just activesync?
    many MDM solutions will see no difference - is it android or BBRY.
    that's valid when you have android app for that particular mdm running.

http://forums.crackberry.com/general...es-how-982633/
    Last edited by yessuz; 04-09-15 at 06:35 AM.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-09-15 05:31 AM
    This whole situation is really messed up. What is the point of having a BYOD EMM that doesn't support BB10 - hell I didn't know they even existed.

Just out of interest, could someone please give me a few examples of EMM solutions that do not support BB10 devices (or have limited functionality compared with both Apple and Android handsets).

As a business owner, there is no way I would even consider implementing and paying for an EMM solution that didn't support all three majors (Like BES12) and then ask my employees to BYOD - that in my opinion defeats the whole purpose.

The other question I want to know is that with these BYOD companies, what services exactly are you allowed on your device? Is it simply email, contacts and calendar management or do you get access to server drives as well?

My business is small (22 employees), I have no IT staff as I quite enjoy administering everything myself and I'm also a control freak. If something goes wrong, I have corporate subscriptions to same-day technical support so if there is something that I can't deal with there is always someone to help.

Storm 2 > Bold 9900 > Classic
    04-09-15 06:30 AM
    This whole situation is really messed up. What is the point of having a BYOD EMM that doesn't support BB10 - hell I didn't know they even existed.

Just out of interest, could someone please give me a few examples of EMM solutions that do not support BB10 devices (or have limited functionality compared with both Apple and Android handsets).

As a business owner, there is no way I would even consider implementing and paying for an EMM solution that didn't support all three majors (Like BES12) and then ask my employees to BYOD - that in my opinion defeats the whole purpose.

The other question I want to know is that with these BYOD companies, what services exactly are you allowed on your device? Is it simply email, contacts and calendar management or do you get access to server drives as well?

My business is small (22 employees), I have no IT staff as I quite enjoy administering everything myself and I'm also a control freak. If something goes wrong, I have corporate subscriptions to same-day technical support so if there is something that I can't deal with there is always someone to help.

Good and MobileIron. Neither supports bb10 api.
    Soulstream likes this.
    04-09-15 06:47 AM
    My firm still has a few people on the old BES but they are anxious to get rid of it. We went with Mobile Iron, which does not support BB10. I got a dispensation. I get to use a Z30 through active sync.

Ironically using a BlackBerry, I am the only one on an unmanaged device.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-09-15 06:56 AM
    The people in this thread continue to ignore this obvious case...

Well, almost nobody uses BB10 even in the enterprise space. BB10 is not the "third major" mobile OS.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    04-09-15 07:50 AM
    My firm still has a few people on the old BES but they are anxious to get rid of it. We went with Mobile Iron, which does not support BB10. I got a dispensation. I get to use a Z30 through active sync.

Ironically using a BlackBerry, I am the only one on an unmanaged device.

Posted via CB10
    We did not upgrade to BES 10/12 so at first I installed the Android version of AirWatch but now a BB version exists. The Android version works so I don't actually mess with it. If something goes wrong I'll install the BB10 version instead.

That being said other BB loyalists were allowed to use Active Sync as I'm not sure they even know about the BB10 version yet. It isn't so much the security they find any better but the level of control. So if they lose the device or just misplace it with active sync it's an all or nothing scenario whereby you will lose all personal data and some IT departments might not agree to your waiver but if you are fine with that condition, you may be able to get them to accept Active Sync without an MDM.
    Thunderbuck likes this.
    04-09-15 08:38 AM
    but I need guidance as to the best out of these inferior phones.
    Sorry but this made me laugh.
    04-09-15 08:48 AM
    My passport sync perfectly with my work outlook and we do not use BES. In fact i have had less issues than others with iphones and androids. Once i set up my login credentials it has worked flawlessly.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-15 08:53 AM
    Yep, so even if I get approval to use my mobile device to access company email, I can't access it because they use MobileIron. Even though we access email through a company managed Gmail service on our work PC's...
    04-09-15 09:26 AM
    OP - The HTC One M9. IMHO, hands down the best smartphone on the market.
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    04-09-15 09:29 AM
    I'd suggest posting your request for advice over at Android Forums at AndroidCentral.com. Your MobileNations passport makes you a member there as well. Give your criteria and I'm sure you'll get some guidance.

And when you're ready to sell/trade your Passport, do so in the Market Place. The Marketplace - Buy, Sell & Trade - BlackBerry Forums at CrackBerry.com

You could even post it as a "Want to Trade" on AC's Market Place, for an Android device.
    Agreed!Let's please follow forum guidelines and rules.

 PassportSQW100-1 / 10.3.1.2708 Rogers Wireless
    04-09-15 09:59 AM
    Sorry but this made me laugh.
    It made me sigh.
    04-09-15 10:19 AM

All three majors? So, iOS, Android, & Windows, right? Because BlackBerry is a distant 4th...
    sentimentGX4, dolco and mikeo007 like this.
    04-09-15 11:12 AM
    Tell your IT department to scrap the BES and forget about spending that money. BB10 devices DO NOT REQUIRE BES to operate on your corporate network. Email can be set up via ActiveSync, which is exactly how Android, iOS and WindowsPhone devices connect to the corporate email server. I've been using my Q10 with two employers via activesync and have perfect email, contacts and calendar sync just like my ipad and my galaxy tablet. All 3 on activesync.

If people can use Android and iOS, you can just as easily use your Passport. All via Activesync. I would be willing to be that your IT guy is still under the assumption that BES is required for any Blackberry (which was true with all BB's prior to BB10 smartphones. BOTTOM LINE - KEEP YOUR PASSPORT AND GIVE YOUR IT GUY A LITTLE LESSON ON IT.

How to Connect a BlackBerry 10 Smartphone Directly to your Mail Servers Using ActiveSync | Inside BlackBerry for Business Blog

KB33619-Supported Microsoft ActiveSync Features and Policies for use with BlackBerry 10 OS
    Not if they are using Good Enterprise.
    dolco likes this.
    04-09-15 11:25 AM
    I appreciate all the guidance. I'll ask about Activesynch. They have refused to provide me with Blackeberrys. First, I bought a Z10, then a Z30, and now the passport. We do share calendars using Outlook and corporate email contacts. I cannot imagine that requires BES.

They will buy me whichever Android I want.But ..... I don't want one.
    Just ask if they are using any MDM like Airwatch -- or just connecting the mobile phones with Microsoft Exchange (Activesync). If no MDM, just add an Exchange account you just need the domain name, your userID, password, and mail server name.

My company said only iPhone and Android too, no other support. And people ask me how I have my Passport working. I tell them get a Blackberry next time it is set up the same way as everyone else's iPhone and Android, just better for communications in every way.

BTW I'm an Sr IT Manager so they just so happen to trust what I say and I've converted a couple to the Black side

If Activesync...just get a BB10 and ignore the stupid policies.
    Greened and hec666 like this.
    04-09-15 11:34 AM
    Android clients work for many of the other systems. I believe this is why MobileIron is dropping BB10-specific support this summer.
    04-09-15 11:38 AM
    They don't have to. 10.3.1 will run the Android APKs.
    yessuz and 1magine like this.
    04-09-15 11:40 AM
    I assume you aren't getting work emails on your Passport now, or is it via BES10 or BES12? As others have stated, ActiveSync works great if they don't want to maintain a BES, but BES12 is dirt cheap with no server-side costs other than the cost of a Windows Server license on a virtual machine and using some resources. An annual license is like $25 a year.

I'm in IT, and I can confirm that most IT people are lazy. Some of us are helpful though, but it sometimes also comes down to their management imposing restrictions.
    04-09-15 12:17 PM
    if they are using Mobileiron Activesync will not likely be opened to the internet. It will be only available using connections to the mobileiron sentry appliance.
    I agree with the others about trying the android client.
    04-09-15 01:29 PM
107 1234 ...