Do you think that the majority of all apps being promoted from when the Passport launches will be primarily from the Amazon App Store or will there be equal exposure?

My main worry will be that when the Passport launches it might not show all the native apps in their full glory (and despite developer reluctance, there are some awesome native BB10 apps out there)

What does everyone reckon?

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 02:50 AM
    I think it'll be the same issue as how some Zxx apps aren't adapted to the Qxx screen size. Except if the half split rumour going around comes true, maybe it'll all work out after all. It is a very high resolution screen right?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    07-28-14 03:10 AM
    Seems like kind of a weird point to speculate on, unless I'm missing something.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    07-28-14 03:22 AM
    Seems like kind of a weird point to speculate on, unless I'm missing something.

Posted from CB10 running on my awesome Z30 2B6927F7
    To further elaborate my point, Windows Phone ads and Apple iPhone ads tend to showcase certain apps in their adverts, giving them exposure on a public level and that generates interest in the device and it's associated services

I suppose my question is really asking should we expect to see some unique BlackBerry experiences being demoed through TV advertising or are they simply gonna say "Hey we do android apps through Amazon - job done"

Suppose really nobody knows but BlackBerry's marketing team but just wondered what everyone's viewpoint would be on how BlackBerry will make the Passport as successful as possible

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 06:10 AM
    To further elaborate my point, Windows Phone ads and Apple iPhone ads tend to showcase certain apps in their adverts, giving them exposure on a public level and that generates interest in the device and it's associated services

I suppose my question is really asking should we expect to see some unique BlackBerry experiences being demoed through TV advertising or are they simply gonna say "Hey we do android apps through Amazon - job done"

Suppose really nobody knows but BlackBerry's marketing team but just wondered what everyone's viewpoint would be on how BlackBerry will make the Passport as successful as possible

Posted via CB10
    I believe the amazon app store will be implemented into BlackBerry App World and have its own section. So when people open it up, they see the option

Posted via CB10
    07-28-14 07:34 AM
    I think BlackBerry should promote Snap more! Snap is a great way to get all the apps that aren't offered I BlackBerry world on your BlackBerry.
    I set up Snap on my Q5 with my Google Account that I use on my Android devices and I was impressed with how many apps became available on my Q5.
    I am looking forward to doing this on a Passport.

Scribbled on my Note 3 then magically translated into readable words using Tapatalk
    07-28-14 09:35 PM
    Only apps and games design on "wide screen" will probably have a little screen maximization issue... most apps and games are designed to accommodate landscape and portrait screen mode, which I believe, should not be an issue with a 1:1 ratio screen...

Posted via CB10
    07-29-14 12:20 AM
    I don't think we should expect any TV ads. And I'll bet that only native apps will be shown.
    07-29-14 07:55 AM
    The only thing that really matters is that people know that apps are actually available. Most consumers don't even matter where the app is coming from, and they care even less about their source code.

Just hopefully the apps are running smoothly and the testing is satisfactory. Because it's gonna be worse when people have high expectations and find themselves using a poorly ported app, not fitting their screen and running slowly. People are not going to blame developers for that, they're going to say that BlackBerry makes crappy phones.
    dejanh likes this.
    07-29-14 08:31 AM
    The only thing that really matters is that people know that apps are actually available. Most consumers don't even matter where the app is coming from, and they care even less about their source code.

Just hopefully the apps are running smoothly and the testing is satisfactory. Because it's gonna be worse when people have high expectations and find themselves using a poorly ported app, not fitting their screen and running slowly. People are not going to blame developers for that, they're going to say that BlackBerry makes crappy phones.
    This is so very true. The Amazon integration has to be flawless. None of that "oops, this APK does not work on Blackberry 10".

Posted via CrackBerry App
    07-29-14 09:52 AM