Hi guys, I'm currently experiencing problems with apps on my blackberry passport and would appreciate and help anyone can offer me. I am currently running 10.3.2.2836 and have Google play store 6.0.0 installed (along with all the necessary google settings extension apps as per Cobalt's guide for running google play store). After patching my android runtime everything has worked perfectly for the last couple of months, yet suddenly I am experiencing major problems with apps crashing, not exclusively play store apps either. Namely firefox (from google play store), whatsapp (from Blackberry world) and Skype (from amazon app store).
    Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks.
    08-16-16 02:09 PM
    First try a simple reboot:
    1. Press and hold the Power button on the top of your Passport.
    2. When the count down screen appears, release the power button.
    3. Tap the Restart icon.

Once it has restarted, wait about five minutes and then continue to trouble shoot your apps crashing.
    Post here with the results.
    08-16-16 02:33 PM
    Thanks for the reply. This was the first thing I tried and it made zero difference.
    08-16-16 03:00 PM
    Have you tried a Soft Reset?
    Reset a BlackBerry smartphone
    For the Passport, use the Hold Power Button for More Than 10 Seconds method.
    08-16-16 04:41 PM
    Apps Crashing on BlackBerry Passport-img_20160817_051112_edit_edit.png

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 04:26 AM
    I'm with you! I was about to post as well. Of late the patched apps seem more crash prone. I'm wondering if it has to do with updates. I rolled back the ebay app and it seems slightly better.
    You may want to try that.
    I think the Android run time maybe affecting our Passports in that it's the older version and the apps that we have had for "years" (2 maybe?) are more advanced.

Posted via CB10
    anon(9929023) likes this.
    08-17-16 06:39 AM
    One other odd crashing...I noticed that now the browser may take a reload to allow for the links to work.
    I'm hoping that this is not just what's going to happen but I believe as BB10 gets older it's just going to get impossible to run our beloved Passports.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 06:42 AM
    One other odd crashing...I noticed that now the browser may take a reload to allow for the links to work.
    I'm hoping that this is not just what's going to happen but I believe as BB10 gets older it's just going to get impossible to run our beloved Passports.

Posted via CB10
    This is Blackberrys plan to eventually phase out bb10. The bb10 software updates will soon stop. They won't say this but their actions clearly are saying so. In the meantime, start looking into other platforms such as android or ios.

 Blackberry Passport
    08-17-16 08:02 AM
    You are wrong again.

Sent from a Silver Passport.
    08-17-16 08:13 AM
    Have you installed or updated any Android apps recently? Try closing all running Android apps that show up in the CPU tab of Device Monitor (you might have to check it periodically) and see if native apps still crash at the same rate.

If they don't crash, it's possible an Android app you have installed is causing these issues.
    08-17-16 02:03 PM
    That's the thing though, it's not just patched apps, I seem to be having problems with apps that I have installed from the native blackberry store and Amazon appstore.
    Of late the patched apps seem more crash prone.

Posted via CB10
    08-17-16 02:29 PM
    I tried a soft reset last night and for roughly an hour everything seemed absolutely fine, then things started to crash again. In firefox, the browser won't load entire pages and does nothing when I try to refresh before I get the "Firefox isn't responding: wait/close" message. And my native browser also crashes after a period of time. I haven't installed or updated any apps since before the problems began. I'm currently closing everything I can in the CPU tab of the Device Monitor and will see if this has any effect on things. I'll obviously monitor it for a couple of hours and report back. Just want to say a big thanks to everyone trying to help me with this issue.
    DaFoxGrey likes this.
    08-17-16 02:33 PM
    I tried a soft reset last night and for roughly an hour everything seemed absolutely fine, then things started to crash again. In firefox, the browser won't load entire pages and does nothing when I try to refresh before I get the "Firefox isn't responding: wait/close" message. And my native browser also crashes after a period of time. I haven't installed or updated any apps since before the problems began. I'm currently closing everything I can in the CPU tab of the Device Monitor and will see if this has any effect on things. I'll obviously monitor it for a couple of hours and report back. Just want to say a big thanks to everyone trying to help me with this issue.
    Try this:
    Delete FireFox and use the native browser for a day or so and see if the crashing persists.
    08-17-16 03:02 PM
    Do you want to try a format or another OS version? It seems like your hardware and OS version isn't in sync with each other.
    08-17-16 03:21 PM
    If you don't want to wait, you can also open all of them at once and then close them through device monitor (just remember not to reopen them until you're done testing).
    08-17-16 05:37 PM
    I deleted Firefox and I haven't experienced a single problem with any of my apps since, though I haven't really used Skype or whatsapp in the last couple of days, so far everything looks perfect. I'm also keeping a close eye on my cpu in device monitor and making sure I have nothing unnecessary running and that all my apps are closed properly at all times so the fix could be as a result of either of these. A huge thank you to DaFoxGrey and Invictus0 for helping me through this, I really appreciate your assistance in helping me fix this. I officially love my Passport again!
    DaFoxGrey and Invictus0 like this.
    08-19-16 02:53 PM
    I deleted Firefox and I haven't experienced a single problem with any of my apps since, though I haven't really used Skype or whatsapp in the last couple of days, so far everything looks perfect. I'm also keeping a close eye on my cpu in device monitor and making sure I have nothing unnecessary running and that all my apps are closed properly at all times so the fix could be as a result of either of these. A huge thank you to DaFoxGrey and Invictus0 for helping me through this, I really appreciate your assistance in helping me fix this. I officially love my Passport again!
    The reason I suggested to delete FireFox is that for awhile I ran it on my Z30.
    While I didn't have the symptoms you described as bad, it certain was much more buggy with FireFox installed and much worst when I actually ran FireFox.
    But, soon as I deleted it, everything was fine.

I really can't say much bad about FireFox, I use it exclusively on my PCs, but it was not good on my Z30.
    I do hope that was the root of your problem.
    08-19-16 05:11 PM
    I have the same issue as @OP.

Everything was running fine and since today my android apps are crashing.
    This includes one which I used everyday before without any problem.

I'm on Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    08-22-16 02:31 PM
    I have the same issue as @OP.

Everything was running fine and since today my android apps are crashing.
    This includes one which I used everyday before without any problem.

I'm on Passport SE.

Posted via CB10
    Have you tried the suggestions in this thread?
    08-22-16 03:34 PM
    I exclusively use firefox too and hate having to use the native blackberry browser, but I have had zero problems since I deleted it. I really can't thank you enough for your help.
    08-30-16 08:30 PM
    Download this for better performance : https://appworld.blackberry.com/webs...ntent/39879918

Posted via CB10
    08-31-16 11:50 PM
    That link is not found. . .ya got another one?
    09-05-16 12:09 PM