I tried to get BB support to explain this to me but they were all over the place with no real explanation. There is a app that I can find on amazon.ca under Apps for Android (dropcam). That would tell me that there is an Android version available. This app cannot be found on the preinstalled Amazon App Store. Why?

BB was saying that it's probably not an "emulated" version so it wouldn't be available but then why could I download the apk elsewhere and install it? If this specific Android app is not emulated and not designed to work with the Passport (support's explanation to why it's missing) then why are other apps (My Dlink) that I can download from Amazon App Store, but aren't designed to work on the Passport's square screen? This would tell me it's not the emulated version either. I have a workaround for that app where I use the Zoom Out feature to get everything to fit on my screen.

Why are apps listed on Amazon's website but not the app? Super frustrating.
    12-22-14 08:52 AM
    This app cannot be found on the preinstalled Amazon App Store. Why?
    Because the developer hasn't made it available to non-Amazon devices. Just download it using an APK downloader. - APK Downloader [Latest] Download Directly | Chrome Extension v3 (Evozi Official) / Enter this in the box on that site - com.dropcam.android. You can even do it from your BlackBerry if you wish.
    12-22-14 09:13 AM
    Personally I do recommend using 1Mobile Market - www.1mobile.com. First you install their market app. It sync with apps already installed on your device and headless watch for new updates. You may choose to ignore from updating apps made for BlackBerry if you wish. I've been using it since Z10, and now on Passport, with no issues at all. It doesn't drain battery. Anyway I'm not heavy user of Android apps, just those missing in BlackBerry World (ie. FitBit, local banking app, Netflix).

PIN: 2BEC9B73
    12-22-14 09:16 AM
    I have found a fix for these apps. There's a setting I didn't even know about. Within the app, Swipe down then Zoom Out. I know get the whole screen on my Passport.
    01-28-15 10:45 AM