Does anyone know what options we have to get our apps running, updated or refunded? I have at least 25 purchased apps and several free ones that are either unusable or don't even show up in BlackBerry World.
    Really loving the phone but it's really annoying not having my apps also used for work

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 01:16 PM
    The perils of early adoption
    Alattin Simsek likes this.
    10-11-14 01:22 PM
    I would suggest you contact the app developers directly for comment. Personally, I hadn't had the same experience with my apps and Passport.

Hope that helps
    10-11-14 01:23 PM
    It is up to the app developer to make the app available for other devices (other than the one you used to buy it in the first place).

You may try writing to each developer, asking them to release a Passport compatible version.
    10-11-14 01:28 PM
    Does anyone know what options we have to get our apps running, updated or refunded? I have at least 25 purchased apps and several free ones that are either unusable or don't even show up in BlackBerry World.
    Really loving the phone but it's really annoying not having my apps also used for work

Posted via CB10
    I'm missing a few as well, and I'm sure they'd run just fine on the Passport. I'll be reaching out to each dev. Unfortunately, you can't get a refund for switching to an unsupported device.

Posted via CB10 using my Passport
    10-11-14 01:31 PM
    Dont buy anything ever from bbw/amazon. BB breaks app compatibility with every new device.
    And how could they bring higher specs and new features (like the capacitive keyboard)?

An app has to be optimized for the new 1440x1440 resolution. Even if the 720x720 version could work well enough without changes, the ergonomics of the Passport are very different from those of a Q10.

But this means more work (aka costs) for developers, and my guess is that many of them weren't prepared for the success the Passport seems to enjoy.
    10-11-14 01:57 PM
    Well I did reach out to those from whom I really missed the apps.
    Three haven't responded, two are waiting on their passports for testing, two are already working on it and will update asap and two others won't launch the apps anymore. One (Tilt) is actually being or is pulled from BBW.

Really hope some good change will come if enough people contact devs. I understand that the time they put into their work, they need to get paid as well. The numbers haven't been so tempting on BB10 yet but it would only drive away more people IMO...
    Starting to see too many droid apps on my bb and I am not quite sure I am to happy about that. Really love the platform and don't want to have to switch any time soon. Went from Z10 to Z30 to Passport and I love how the OS has matured. Wish my apps would do the same, or even just exist.

We have to go through this together to succeed and I don't mind paying for good work, I expect the same. Please don't give up on us devs!
    10-11-14 02:24 PM
    Well I did reach out to those from whom I really missed the apps.
    Three haven't responded, two are waiting on their passports for testing, two are already working on it and will update asap and two others won't launch the apps anymore. One (Tilt) is actually being or is pulled from BBW.

Really hope some good change will come if enough people contact devs. I understand that the time they put into their work, they need to get paid as well. The numbers haven't been so tempting on BB10 yet but it would only drive away more people IMO...
    Starting to see too many droid apps on my bb and I am not quite sure I am to happy about that. Really love the platform and don't want to have to switch any time soon. Went from Z10 to Z30 to Passport and I love how the OS has matured. Wish my apps would do the same, or even just exist.

We have to go through this together to succeed and I don't mind paying for good work, I expect the same. Please don't give up on us devs!
    I agree with you but, to Tilt, I say good riddance. What a useless, overpriced app by a developer that only does 1/2 of the work.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 02:49 PM
    I agree with you but, to Tilt, I say good riddance. What a useless, overpriced app by a developer that only does 1/2 of the work.

Posted via CB10
    I actually liked ArKick a lot and was fond of Tilts concept but unfortunately nothing happened update wise. Really a shame, the app really had potential imo.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-14 03:00 PM
    I found 4 of my Z30 apps were missing from my new Passport's BBW or were in BBW but gave a "not available for this device" response. (Kindle, Flipboard, Speedometer, and Weather Pilot) I was however able to find and install them as Android APKs from Snap and they work fine. Some like XE look bad with text overlapped by graphics, etc.
    11-16-14 01:16 AM
    I am also missing a few apps from Blackberry world for my passport and I have contacted the developer and asked if they are going to update the app to support the passport.

Results, out of the seven I contacted over three weeks ago, only one has responded, not good in my opinion. I think that the Blackberry world is in a sad state of affairs at the moment and needs to be addressed.

I prefer the native apps because they provide notification and other features the android ones don't, sad, very sad.
    11-16-14 04:31 AM
    While I have learnt to live with the fact that some of my much needed apps are not available, I am using the 'add to homescreen' option quite a lot to access the full mobile or desktop site.

Mainly useful for news sites and for my bank who hasn't yet made their app compatible for the passport.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 05:52 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=967423
    Your solution ask for the app. He will provide you a Bar file. If you know somebody or if you know anything about QML you can adjust the screen to fit on you Passport

Posted with my awesome ? Z10
    11-16-14 05:55 AM
    BlackBerry World is a depressing, desolate wasteland where apps appear to go to die. I think 90%+ of apps haven't been updated in a year or more. BlackBerry needs to either invest in reviving it and get new major apps on board, or kill it off already and go all Android.

Posted via CB10
    MrDoreth likes this.
    11-16-14 09:32 AM
    BlackBerry World is a depressing, desolate wasteland where apps appear to go to die. I think 90%+ of apps haven't been updated in a year or more. BlackBerry needs to either invest in reviving it and get new major apps on board, or kill it off already and go all Android.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with you, if new native apps don't start appearing that will be a huge problem for BlackBerry. If I wanted an Android phone I'd get one...and I don't. I dislike the OS and I avoid installing Android apps, currently have only one from Amazon, even ported apps just don't feel right.

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:11 AM
    The only app I really miss from my Z10 is one of my bank's apps, not available for the Passport. It's an Android port and the bank will not make a native one, even though BlackBerry is still the most used phone here...beats me...

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:16 AM
    The only app I really miss from my Z10 is one of my bank's apps, not available for the Passport. It's an Android port and the bank will not make a native one, even though BlackBerry is still the most used phone here...beats me...

Posted via CB10
    http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=967423

Posted with my awesome ? Z10
    Pixstar likes this.
    11-16-14 10:22 AM
    Awesome, thanks!

Posted via CB10
    11-16-14 10:42 AM