Does the android schwab app allow you to post checks via picture?

I bank with Schwab and this is a big deal for me. Looking forward to your response.
    I never used the mobile check deposit option. I looked around the app and found the option to deposit a check, but I had to use the option to request mobile check deposit permission which I did. I was notified that it will take 3 business days to approve my request. If you want I can let you know if it works after I receive permission.

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    10-23-14 09:34 PM
    BlackBerry works for me 90% of the time which is why it is my daily driver. The ability to run android apps accounts for maybe 30% of that 90%.

The missing 10% requires me to keep an android phone for the apps I still can't run on the BlackBerry.

Would be great if one day I could go down to just one phone though.
    10-23-14 10:07 PM
    Does the android schwab app allow you to post checks via picture?

I bank with Schwab and this is a big deal for me. Looking forward to your response.
    I've never had any luck with mobile check deposit on my three banks (PNC, HSBC and Capital One 360). All three apps allow me to take the front and back pictures, which I made sure looked very clear and properly lit. But then they always give me an error about the amounts not matching (even after retrying numerous times it just doesn't work).

The irony is that I then try on an old iPod touch, which has a terrible camera and produces terrible images of the checks, and yet it always works.

Posted via CB10
    thedose likes this.
    10-23-14 10:08 PM
    This may sound hilarious, but I forgot I have an iPad 2, which has lots of apps I currently use (such as the schwab one) and I only deposit a check every 3 or so months so if it doesn't work on the passport, it's not a deal breaker... Google maps would have been, but that seems to be working along with many others so

Thanks to all for responding to my post!
    ptpete likes this.
    10-23-14 10:54 PM
    App options made easy:
    BlackBerry World : http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/?
    Covers 90% of the apps I need
    Amazon App Store : http://www.amazon.com/mobile-apps/b?...UvbUpU11006816
    Pre-installed on 10.3, need to download on 10.2.1

Snap (Google Play) : http://m.crackberry.com/how-use-snap...roid-apk-files
    Quick sideload (fairly easy for most)

APK train: http://m.apktrain.com/
    - probably the simplest

Via The BlackBerry Z30 experience!
    10-24-14 12:20 AM
    There are also other android app stores such as the 1mobile (correct me if I spelled it wrong) which has I believe over 800,000 apps!

Edit: here is the Link for anyone interested in the 1mobile app store.
    Last edited by thedose; 10-24-14 at 11:31 AM.
    10-24-14 11:07 AM
    Have we heard anything on why Amazon has pulled apps like Netflix, instagram? I wish the ESPN fantasy football app was in there, show's on the Amazon App website but not in the store on the passport
    10-24-14 01:38 PM
    It is funny to see an old topic being resurrected. Beating a dead horse sure is a lot of fun.
    10-24-14 08:15 PM
    There are also other android app stores such as the 1mobile (correct me if I spelled it wrong) which has I believe over 800,000 apps!

Edit: here is the Link for anyone interested in the 1mobile app store.
    Yes, and it's a Chinese app store with no security of any kind, running apps from who-knows-where with who-knows-what viruses, trojans, and worms attached to them. IMO, anyone who would install a BANKING app, which for sure wasn't uploaded to 1Market by a bank, is virtually insane, if not factually insane. This is regardless of whether you are using a BB10, Android, Sailfish, or whatever device.
    sentimentGX4 and Bbnivende like this.
    10-24-14 11:19 PM
    I just want to make a shout out to BlackBerry maps for expertly guiding me in delivering my rental car to the exact spot where it needed to be at the maze called the Pearson International Airport.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 10-25-14 at 09:19 AM.
    10-25-14 12:03 AM
    Yes, and it's a Chinese app store with no security of any kind, running apps from who-knows-where with who-knows-what viruses, trojans, and worms attached to them. IMO, anyone who would install a BANKING app, which for sure wasn't uploaded to 1Market by a bank, is virtually insane, if not factually insane. This is regardless of whether you are using a BB10, Android, Sailfish, or whatever device.
    Troy, thanks for clarifying that it's chinese, I did not know that!

And now I'm sad
    10-29-14 06:06 PM
    Troy, thanks for clarifying that it's chinese, I did not know that!

And now I'm sad
    Yep, some of those app "stores" make me shudder.
    10-29-14 07:57 PM
    The BB World / native apps cover the majority of BlackBerry users needs, but remember that BlackBerry users are just a fraction of the smartphone market. Why? Because the Apple and Play stores cover the needs of the majority of smartphone users.

There is so much more you can do with the other platforms. Products from light switches to thermostats to A/V receivers to kitchen appliances to whatever else that come with apps almost always only launch apps for iPhone or Android.

Sure I can install the Yamaha A/V app onto my Z10 to control my A/V receiver, but it's slow, buggy, has a crappy UI and doesn't integrate nicely with other features of the phone. Android Apps on BB10 are sandboxed, both from a security perspective but also a functionality perspective. They operate in isolation and there are no sharing features.

Until the BlackBerry world logo appears next to the Apple App Store and Google Play Store logos on vendor webpages, the app-gap will always be a hindrance to BlackBerry's adoption rate.
    I have yet to lay my hands on the Passport, and I am planning to get one as soon as it is being re-stocked.

I have been to and fro between platforms-- from Symbian (KB) to Android (touch) to BB (KB), back to Android (touch), and finally I have decided to return to BB. I have had the thrills of playing with apps when I got my first Android and first iPad, however, a few years later, I have come a full circle, the phone is basically a communication tool-- my current Android phone is a "stock" phone with only a few additional apps installed, and whatever I need on the phone, BB can do it better, such as calls, SMS, email, whatsapp, calendering, and to do list, because of the keyboard. (I really hate typing on glass and the spell checker annoys me to no end, and yet I couldn't turn it off because it can be useful for checking typo.)

The only app that I will be missing is Google Maps after the switch. I will probably mount my current Android phone permanently in the car as a GPS after I get hold of the Passport. BTW, I do have an Onkyo A/V remote controller app installed on my Android phone, but I hardly use it, because a universal remote controller can do the job better.

I do agree that for the general consumers, the App gap will always be there until the day like you said it very well, when BB logo appears besides Apple AppStore and Google Playstore logo on vendor web pages. For the time being, I think BB is going at the right direction, focus on the business users who will use the phone as a productivity tool, until they can re-capture the market, move on to the broader market.
    10-29-14 10:13 PM
    I have yet to lay my hands on the Passport, and I am planning to get one as soon as it is being re-stocked.

I have been to and fro between platforms-- from Symbian (KB) to Android (touch) to BB (KB), back to Android (touch), and finally I have decided to return to BB. I have had the thrills of playing with apps when I got my first Android and first iPad, however, a few years later, I have come a full circle, the phone is basically a communication tool-- my current Android phone is a "stock" phone with only a few additional apps installed, and whatever I need on the phone, BB can do it better, such as calls, SMS, email, whatsapp, calendering, and to do list, because of the keyboard. (I really hate typing on glass and the spell checker annoys me to no end, and yet I couldn't turn it off because it can be useful for checking typo.)

The only app that I will be missing is Google Maps after the switch. I will probably mount my current Android phone permanently in the car as a GPS after I get hold of the Passport. BTW, I do have an Onkyo A/V remote controller app installed on my Android phone, but I hardly use it, because a universal remote controller can do the job better.

I do agree that for the general consumers, the App gap will always be there until the day like you said it very well, when BB logo appears besides Apple AppStore and Google Playstore logo on vendor web pages. For the time being, I think BB is going at the right direction, focus on the business users who will use the phone as a productivity tool, until they can re-capture the market, move on to the broader market.
    Fair points.

How will you use the Android device as GPS? Still have service?
    10-29-14 10:25 PM
    Fair points.

How will you use the Android device as GPS? Still have service?
    Yes, I have 2 SIM cards with a single number, both will work at the same time with one of the SIM being the primary SIM where calls and messages will route to it first.
    Tre Lawrence likes this.
    10-29-14 10:31 PM
    The only apps that don't work seamlessly for me are streaming apps like slingbox and tivo. I'm blackberry's target demo - mainly use my phone for work with email, messaging, and whatsapp being my main use cases. However, I also travel a lot, and want to watch my Niners on the road! Right now using BlackBerry as a hotspot for iPad, but would love native support.

Posted via CB10
    10-29-14 11:41 PM
41 12