Hi all

I keep getting problems with my Aol Email Account. I need to keep adding the account to my Blackberry via settings and setting up a new account. I think the syncronisation is not working now because when I add the account it won't accept it. Two of my AOL accounts are not now working. My gmail accounts are all OK.

Last week I had the same problem but it did work on one of the accounts even though I did not do anything specific, now it doesn't and I've tried several times. I read in another thread that there was a workaround to this problem but all suggestions on what to do hasn't worked on my Passport.

Can anyone with a Passport / AOL account tell me exactly step by step how to rectify this problem please based on what the status is today? Or should I just give up with AOL and just ask people to send me emails via gmail instead?

It is a nuisance. So any help would be appreciated. Please be specific and give 'idiot proof' step by step instructions not vague or too techie speak answers.

xx
    09-05-18 04:51 PM
    Or should I just give up with AOL and just ask people to send me emails via gmail instead?
    Ditch AOL, use GMail. AOL and Yahoo are two services that are just simply not reliable. Just look at the comments of issues and how often they happen - http://downdetector.com/status/aol / http://downdetector.com/status/yahoo.
    anon(9188202) likes this.
    09-05-18 05:30 PM
    Or you can just send all emails from your AOL account automatically to your gmail account. It is just a setting in your AOL account to send all emails further to another email address.
    09-06-18 07:37 AM
    Ah, you've just read my mind, Winnertrack - lol. That is precisely why I came here now - to tell everyone that is an alternative approach. I had just done precisely that and it works fine.
    09-06-18 10:59 AM
    That is great. Sometimes the solution is so easy ;-)
    09-07-18 05:54 AM
    Log through the webpage and accept the new terms of service, after that your email should be working as usual.

Posted via CB10
    09-07-18 04:53 PM
    AOL AND BlackBerry? Wow, talk about retro. 😉
    bobshine likes this.
    09-08-18 02:17 AM