12-14-16 04:37 PM
33 12
tools
    Well as Kelliew stated the 6.3.13 which I downloaded today is working fine so that is the version I would run with. Not then absolute newest version but much newer and better than what is in BB World. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE & Semi Retired Z10
    06-27-16 03:42 AM
    By the sounds of it you have 10.3.2.2876 (SR 2836) OS in your device and you have NOT fixed the broken android runtime. If this is the case, you need to go here: Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2

read carefully and fix the runtime. After that is fixed, reboot your device, wait for 10 minutes or so, then delete your WeChat app. After the deletion you should be able to install any version of WeChat that you want to, remembering that the NEWEST version will not work however. There are lots of sites where you can get the older versions, one of which is here: WeChat old versions - Android . If you don't trust this site just do a search for others.
    Thanks brookie229 for the advice. Now I am able to uninstalled unwanted android app completely from my phone. Am so very happy right now.

I also able to download wechat 6.3.13, and so far the apk running as expected and much better if compare to wechat of bbw.

Thanks a lot :-)

KOBiSBERRY passportSQW100-1_2876
    brookie229 and Jrox74 like this.
    12-08-16 09:16 AM
    I can confirm that. I migrated from the BB10 version to the latest Android version in Playstore today and had the same issue not being able to log in. I uninstalled and installed the 6.3.13 from Uptodown and logging it works again.

My main reason to try the Android version was that the People Nearby feature did not work properly, namely showing people from all over the planet. Now that works but, unfortunately, only with a GPS location. Location finding by wifis does not work. Is that a general Android app problem?

Posted via CB10
    12-12-16 11:23 AM
    The previous version worked fine. So I think it's how the upgraded code worked with ART.

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    12-12-16 04:00 PM
    Well as Kelliew stated the 6.3.13 which I downloaded today is working fine so that is the version I would run with. Not then absolute newest version but much newer and better than what is in BB World. Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE & Semi Retired Z10
    How you can rock without Facebook, What's app and We Chat?
    12-13-16 04:21 PM
    Hi JPushkarH I have WeChat, Facebook (Web version), Whatsapp, Telegram, Line, Viber, Skype, ESPN, The Score, Team Stream and other apps on my Passport & Z10 so I rock just fine thank you! Rocking 24-7 with my Passport SE & Semi Retired Z10. Everyone has different needs from their phones and my are just fine.
    12-13-16 07:56 PM
    Does anyone else using the bbw wechat version have the same gps location issues I have?

Meaning...it doesn't work.....every person nearby is from Indonesia or Nigeria according to wechat even though I'm in Canada.

Been like that for years now. Even with different bb10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    Same here. The version I have shows local individuals within my area sporadically.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-16 02:14 AM
    Location works fine with me sometimes. I don't have random locations outside of my location. It either works or it doesn't. I think it's the sequence on when you turn on GPS and when ART or Wechat gets the GPS update. It's a bug.

Has anyone tried the latest version 6.3.31? Am quite sure it works with Android 4.3, so am still wondering why it wouldn't work on the BB10. Maybe the latest 10.3.3 fixed it?

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    12-14-16 04:37 PM
33 12