Mine is broken now. It always launches into a black screen after the initial image showing our planet. Wiped and restored once (long story) already. May have to try wipe-and-install (instead of restore)... but it's such a chore and it may not work neither.

Just wondering if you guys have the same problem or not.

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.2.2876
    05-12-16 10:19 AM
    My wife's WeChat did that with the latest android update to WeChat. She rolled back a couple of versions to the version she had prior to the update and all is well again with her world.
    05-12-16 10:29 AM
    My wife's WeChat did that with the latest android update to WeChat. She rolled back a couple of versions to the version she had prior to the update and all is well again with her world.
    Damn! So it's a compatibility issue between the latest wechat app and the android runtime.

05-12-16 02:38 PM
    Same for me, I had to restore from backup only for WeChat. The last working version I have installed is 6.3.13.

There's a new update recently, I have not try it...yet?

BlackBerry Passport via CB10
    05-12-16 02:57 PM
    I prefer to use the one in BlackBerry World, saves battery and gets the job done, android Wechat literally rapes the battery.
    ahhhlain likes this.
    05-12-16 07:03 PM
    I prefer to use the one in BlackBerry World, saves battery and gets the job done, android Wechat literally rapes the battery.
    Tried that one, so much smoother. But it doesn't integrate well with HUB, and doesn't receive messages when it's closed.

05-12-16 08:08 PM
    Tried that one, so much smoother. But it doesn't integrate well with HUB, and doesn't receive messages when it's closed.

Well this is BB10 we're talking about... I tend to not expect that much.
    05-12-16 08:47 PM
    I think I started a thread on exactly this issue a while ago.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 05:55 AM
    It happens once before when the new OS update had a bug uninstalling apps, so new app update can't be installed properly. And at the time the way to fix it is to downgrade Android runtime to allow apps be uninstalled properly... after a while BlackBerry fixed that (I think).

This time is different because other app updates seem to install properly. So it's just the Wechat app update not working in the runtime.

First Clash of Clans stopped working, now Wechat, BB10 is indeed going toward business only direction.

Well in that direction I won't be there. My device needs to support both work AND fun.
    05-13-16 10:04 AM
    Some people use WeChat for business.

I sure hope Chen would do something about this.

05-13-16 12:04 PM

Bigger thing is there is absolutely zero support for chat backup on the BB10 version. I learned that as I was trying to move things over to the Priv.

Also you cannot use desktop / web clients with the QR scan.
    05-13-16 12:45 PM
    Does anyone else using the bbw wechat version have the same gps location issues I have?

Meaning...it doesn't work.....every person nearby is from Indonesia or Nigeria according to wechat even though I'm in Canada.

Been like that for years now. Even with different bb10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    ahhhlain likes this.
    05-13-16 04:11 PM
    Does anyone else using the bbw wechat version have the same gps location issues I have?

Meaning...it doesn't work.....every person nearby is from Indonesia or Nigeria according to wechat even though I'm in Canada.

Been like that for years now. Even with different bb10 devices.

Posted via CB10
    Me! I downloaded the android version just because I was so annoyed with the one on BBW. Like others said, if you want to use the apk version (in which I really recommend it if you want WeChat to work and mature enough not to hate every single android apps. Some people don't. LOL), you have to go for the older version coz the newer one crash everytime you log in. Mine is v6.3.5

I emailed them asking updates for the one on BBW. They doesn't seems to care coz never get any reply nor the update.

Posted via CB10
    05-13-16 06:02 PM
    Me! I downloaded the android version just because I was so annoyed with the one on BBW. Like others said, if you want to use the apk version (in which I really recommend it if you want WeChat to work and mature enough not to hate every single android apps. Some people don't. LOL), you have to go for the older version coz the newer one crash everytime you log in. Mine is v6.3.5

I emailed them asking updates for the one on BBW. They doesn't seems to care coz never get any reply nor the update.

Posted via CB10
    I'm pretty sure that Tecent fired the BB10 group a long time ago. Can't really blame them though.
    05-13-16 06:05 PM
    Some people use WeChat for business.

I sure hope Chen would do something about this.

He did, he released Priv.

ahhhlain likes this.
    05-13-16 06:05 PM
    Okay finally got Wechat working again... it was brutal.

First I found a older wechat APK, tried installing it but found I couldn't. Then I found that the latest wechat is only partially Uninstaller, so I have to find a way to uninstall it. The runtime comes with 10.3.2.2876 can't uninstall any android app, so had to upgrade runtime through BlackBerry App World, which cannot be found through search in BlackBerry App World, I manage to get from a link in CB forums. After that I got Wechat Uninstalled after a few reboots. after that I was able to install the older wechat probably.

This path may have a problem because of CB posters mentioned the runtime I installed didn't work for them very well, so I may have to revert back to an older runtime later if it doesn't work well for me.

This is going to be my last BlackBerry 10 phone.

MAbH11 and ahhhlain like this.
    05-13-16 08:35 PM
    You could just restore it from backup. The best feature for BlackBerry Link is you can customise what you want to restore. It works, and that's how I rolled back.

05-14-16 03:08 AM

Posted via CB10
    I think the latest version broke because they added a new feature for Android Wear which doesn't quite work in ART 4.3. They might release a new update soon for backward compatibility, but I doubt it...

05-14-16 03:21 AM
    +1. Now I hv to use the bb10 version of wechat, which has not been updated for 3 yrs. Letters are small and cannot be adjusted, the public account are not grouped together......

Posted via CB10
    05-14-16 08:52 AM
    +1. Now I hv to use the bb10 version of wechat, which has not been updated for 3 yrs. Letters are small and cannot be adjusted, the public account are not grouped together......

Posted via CB10
    You don't have to use the BB10 app. You have choices with older WeChat versions which have vastly superior capabilities. There are 4-5 versions that can be used, just do a search for older WeChat apks.
    05-14-16 08:57 AM
    A new version 6.3.18 is released. It was upgraded but couldn't run. According to their website, it is compatible from 4.0.3 onwards, so it should work on BB10's 4.3 ART.

I did a fresh install and rebooted after removal and after installing the new version. It loads up, and I tried to login, but an error message came up stating that it couldn't connect to the server.

I think the connectivity code changed somewhere in the code. I hope it'll get fixed in the future.

Could anyone debug the code and submit a fix to Tencent?

06-05-16 05:02 AM
    I just try version 6.3.16 and 6.3.18 today. Both version fail to log in. It's show server fail or no network

KOBiSBERRY passportSQW100-1_2876
    06-26-16 03:43 AM
    You don't have to use the BB10 app. You have choices with older WeChat versions which have vastly superior capabilities. There are 4-5 versions that can be used, just do a search for older WeChat apks.
    Do u mind to tell me how to roll back to the older version of wechat. I tried to install latest version 6.3.18 and since it is not working so I just delete/uninstalled it. After that try to installed 6.3.5, but get massage that I already have the latest version..(this is due to bb10 update version which cannot uninstalled android apk). I really dont have any idea on how to resolve this. and in the end I have to reinstalled wechat from bbW. (so sad)

06-26-16 09:39 AM
    Do u mind to tell me how to roll back to the older version of wechat. I tried to install latest version 6.3.18 and since it is not working so I just delete/uninstalled it. After that try to installed 6.3.5, but get massage that I already have the latest version..(this is due to bb10 update version which cannot uninstalled android apk). I really dont have any idea on how to resolve this. and in the end I have to reinstalled wechat from bbW. (so sad)

Restore from backup. Or delete, and install the older version.

06-26-16 11:33 AM

By the sounds of it you have 10.3.2.2876 (SR 2836) OS in your device and you have NOT fixed the broken android runtime. If this is the case, you need to go here: Unable to uninstall Android applications after updating to BlackBerry 10 OS version 10.3.2

read carefully and fix the runtime. After that is fixed, reboot your device, wait for 10 minutes or so, then delete your WeChat app. After the deletion you should be able to install any version of WeChat that you want to, remembering that the NEWEST version will not work however. There are lots of sites where you can get the older versions, one of which is here: WeChat old versions - Android . If you don't trust this site just do a search for others.
    06-26-16 12:55 PM
33 12