Hi,

A couple of days ago I was sitting at the pool at a hotel I was staying at and it was pretty hot but I covered my Passport so it won't be in the sun but then I noticed the whole ghost armor screen protector peeled off from the heat.

I am so disappointed from all the screen savers I had until now for my passport. I had so much better ones for my Iphone.

Is there any good recommendation for one? I am willing to try for the last time.
    I am starting to consider to just go without a screen protector. Anyone here going without one? How is it? Did the screen get scratched?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 06:40 PM
    I tries several on mine and dint like them. Have not had one on mine for a couple months now and love it. No problems here. Could be a risk but I'm careful with my phones.
    04-11-15 06:56 PM
    Been using ghost armor matte screen and I've had it peel off my phone randomly in my pockets several times on my 9th protector now since sept.

In Squircle I Trust
    04-11-15 07:10 PM
    Try the BlackBerry Brand screen protector. They work well and are inexpensive at the CrackBerry store.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 07:17 PM
    my ghost armour one peeled as well recently

i just use it without a screen protector now and it hasn't scratched at all
    04-11-15 07:21 PM
    I don't have a screen protector on my Passport. In fact, I haven't used a screen protector on any of my phones since the one on my Bold 9000 peeled off, and none of them have scratched.
    04-11-15 07:23 PM
    I used my passport for a long time without a screen protector and it was ok.

However I really like Skinomi screen protectors and recently picked up their matte screen protector for the passport and it's fantastic.

Totally recommended.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 07:39 PM
    Used to be scared to scratch my screen, and so while I waited for screen protectors i ordered, I left the on stock film on screen when I first bought it. When I was about to put on my newly arrived screen protectors, I fell in love with how smooth and beautiful a naked passport screen is. So, I forego with the protectors, and left it naked! It's only been 2 months, and no scratches. There is the risk though, but I'm always careful with my phones. I keep it in a pouch, since i don't want it scratched when it's in my purse.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-11-15 08:09 PM
    Hi,

A couple of days ago I was sitting at the pool at a hotel I was staying at and it was pretty hot but I covered my Passport so it won't be in the sun but then I noticed the whole ghost armor screen protector peeled off from the heat.

I am so disappointed from all the screen savers I had until now for my passport. I had so much better ones for my Iphone.

Is there any good recommendation for one? I am willing to try for the last time.
    I am starting to consider to just go without a screen protector. Anyone here going without one? How is it? Did the screen get scratched?

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    Did you go back to Ghost Armour to get a warranty replacement?

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    GeoK likes this.
    04-11-15 08:15 PM
    I stopped putting sticky protectors on my phones and tablets when I found Liquid Armor, or Liquid Nano. Wipe it on, in a few minutes, it hardens to a anti-fingerprint coating that resists scratches.
    04-11-15 08:57 PM
    Skinomi is a great brand if you are looking for quality. One of the higher regarded brands for the iPhone screen protection (excluding tempered glass). I have a few, but TBH when the Passport first launched all that was available in matte was Mr. Shields. I've had a Mr. Shields matte protector on since end of September without issue. Took me maybe two tries if I remember correctly to get it perfect. The size is just right as far as the curved screen giving problems with other protectors. Think you can get a 3 or 5 pack on Amazon for a few bucks.

Thinking about it... can't believe I've had this protector on for so long... can't believe I've had the Passport for so long already. Anyway, hope this helps. I'm sure others will chime in.

Posted via CB10
    04-11-15 11:50 PM
  12. world traveler and former ceo's Avatar
    I have been using mine "naked" since last September launch.. no problems....

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 12:16 AM
    I was using mine naked since bought at release date. Now I decided on a screen protector. After much frustration, found Best Buy Mobile have a machine to cut it to the passport. They install it too for $29 Canadian. So far great looks and feels like the ghost armour. Looks clear and phone reacts the same. Lifetime guarantee. Liking it so far no problems or bubbles.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 12:25 AM
    I use Seidio screen protector!
    04-12-15 02:50 AM
    Can't find one the correct size

UK

Posted via BBPP
    04-12-15 04:25 AM
    The passport uses Corning gorilla glass 3.

Why would you want to put a condom over the screen? Don't be a wuss and go naked.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 04:56 AM
    Kever had ome and i put my passport in the same pocket that i have my Keys in quite often! Ive never had a scratch on it. Gorilla glas for the win

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 05:24 AM
    Would never leave any of my phones naked. I purchase phones as an investment. When I'm done with it, I want it to be in the best possible condition so I can then sell it for top dollar.

Posted via CB10 on Q5SQR100-2/10.3.1.2243
    04-12-15 05:30 AM
    Maybe he's scared of premature eglassulation..

Passport to heaven..
    04-12-15 05:31 AM
    I use the anti-glare screen protector which works great. Doesn't pick up finger prints either which is nice

 = ♥
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    04-12-15 05:35 AM
    My friend using tight leather pouch
    http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2-Col...265195206.html
    and he noticed two minor straight scratches on LCD screen, he had grain of sand or dust between screen and pouch probably..
    04-12-15 06:17 AM
    Would never leave any of my phones naked. I purchase phones as an investment. When I'm done with it, I want it to be in the best possible condition so I can then sell it for top dollar.

Not a very informed investment, Blackberry phones are the worst at holding their value, especially compared to iPhone & Samsung Galaxy lines. If anything, they are synonymous with depreciating very quickly, considering the price slashes that follow the already inflated price tags.

I find after the contract term ends, the BB device I have at the time has very little resale value, it makes more sense for me to give it away to friends or family than sell it as such a low price. Well that is the case here in the UK anyway, not much demand for second hand BB's.

Obviously there are plenty on eBay etc, but majority are brand new & under the �100 mark, others are selling second hand but with barely on sales or bids if you look at the completed listings. Talking about Z10 here. The same will be true of the Q10, Z30, and eventually Passport when 2 years is up (contract length)
    bp2k7 likes this.
    04-12-15 06:35 AM
    Me, I prefer going naked all the way. No screen protectors, no case or skin. I just let the beauty of my Passport shine.

Posted via CB10
    04-12-15 08:43 AM
    Naked Passport here too.

Posted via CB10 with PassportSQW100-1/10.3.1.2576
    04-12-15 08:44 AM
    Not a very informed investment, Blackberry phones are the worst at holding their value, especially compared to iPhone & Samsung Galaxy lines. If anything, they are synonymous with depreciating very quickly, considering the price slashes that follow the already inflated price tags.

I find after the contract term ends, the BB device I have at the time has very little resale value, it makes more sense for me to give it away to friends or family than sell it as such a low price. Well that is the case here in the UK anyway, not much demand for second hand BB's.

Obviously there are plenty on eBay etc, but majority are brand new & under the �100 mark, others are selling second hand but with barely on sales or bids if you look at the completed listings. Talking about Z10 here. The same will be true of the Q10, Z30, and eventually Passport when 2 years is up (contract length)
    Yes, definitely expect it to depreciate. But i'd rather sell it on for �50-100 than 0-50. Been watching eBay intently myself, hoping to steal a Z30 for under 100 from someone

04-12-15 09:10 AM
61 123