10-16-14 08:25 AM
188 ... 23456 ...
tools
    If they ordered with Next Day or 2-Day Shipping instead of Standard Shipping, they might have gotten priority over you. I'm not saying this is necessarily true, but I've seen other retailers do it.
    I ordered from US shop BlackBerry website on the 24th and selected next day shipping. Didn't pay attention to whether the charge on my invoice was for next day shipping, only that I selected it when I ordered.

As I say, my larger complaint is communication. Someone above posted that this is normal with Digital River, etc. However, whatever the partnership between BlackBerry and DR, as far as I'm concerned my purchase was from BlackBerry and this SNAFU is on them. I'm more than willing to be patient, but for all I know my order is lost in the system and I am given no way really to find out for sure. Indeed this sucks.
    10-07-14 05:20 PM
    However, whatever the partnership between BlackBerry and DR, as far as I'm concerned my purchase was from BlackBerry and this SNAFU is on them. I'm more than willing to be patient, but for all I know my order is lost in the system and I am given no way really to find out for sure. Indeed this sucks.
    Good point(s). THIS IS ALL ON BLACKBERRY. And I am one of many of you guys also getting screwed by DR and Blackberry. This is a mess, and we need to get Blackberry to clean it up, as the people (in India) at DR are baffoons who have no info to provide except for the script in front of them. WHY DONT WE TAKE THIS TO BB'S TWITTER?!!! That's maybe somewhere where BB might listen/know about the issue...
    10-07-14 06:27 PM
    i ordered the vip version and i still haven't gotten my shipping info? wtf?

shows in stock

ordered on saturday.
    10-07-14 06:32 PM
    I will just try and be patient. My card hasn't been charged yet. Probably my holster from story leather (custom made to order, 30 day lead time) will come in before the Passport.
    10-07-14 06:38 PM
    Below is BB's twitter account. Lets let them know instead of just talking to each other here. Maybe they will do something if we take the conversation to them...
    @BlackBerryHelp
    10-07-14 06:47 PM
    I have contacted blackberry help's twitter numerous times now. The last time was about 20 min ago, they told me "For updated information regarding your order, please keep in touch with Digital River..." Who tell me to go to the contact page on BB website which then gives me the information to get a hold of Digital River. I can wait for the phone, no problem, but I do need some information regarding my order..
    10-07-14 07:17 PM
    This release is super frustrating. I'm just disappointed about the lack of info. I bought it on shopbb because it says it was in stock.

I wouldn't have bothered if it was out of stock. One way or another Blackberry finds a way to disappoint their customers.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    10-07-14 07:31 PM
    This release is super frustrating. I'm just disappointed about the lack of info. I bought it on shopbb because it says it was in stock.

I wouldn't have bothered if it was out of stock. One way or another Blackberry finds a way to disappoint their customers.

Posted via CrackBerry App
    I feel your pain... However I think most of the blame belongs to Digital River!
    bungaboy likes this.
    10-07-14 07:38 PM
    I called them at around 530pm and the lady said both of my orders say complete even though I got a few cancellation emails. I really hope I get them both by Friday since they've already charged my credit card.

Posted via CB10
    10-07-14 09:25 PM
    i wonder if the people who ordered lately from amazaon have gotten their passorts yet
    10-07-14 09:36 PM
    Anyone who purchased Passport Friday (10/03) or later got shipping confirmation yet?-img_20141008_043507.pngmine is almost here that about a 45 min drive from here. So I should see it later today or tomorrow morning.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 05:44 AM
    I'm curious about how saavy people are about credit card usage. There's something called "Pending", which means a charge hold was put in place, and "Sale", which is an actual charge for the product. If your activity says "Pending", then you haven't been charged for the product. If your activity says "Sale", then expect shipping to be soon. It seems a lot of people have no idea of the difference and are getting bent out of shape.

For the US, unless there's a promised delivery date, the merchant has up to 30 days to ship (unfortunately):

- "By law, a merchant should ship your order within the time stated in its ads or over the phone. If the merchant doesn't promise a time, you can expect it to ship your order within 30 days."

- "The shipment "clock" begins when the merchant receives a "properly completed order." That includes your name, address and payment (check, money order or authorization to charge an existing credit account - whether the account is debited at that time or not)."

http://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles...-heres-what-do
    10-08-14 01:11 PM
    I ordered Friday, 10/3. I've since received tracking that indicates it will arrive tomorrow.
    EDIT: Ordered 10/3, 4:30 pm EST (US). Unfortunately, ordered without promo code Received tracking email that it had shipped on Sunday, 10/5. Tracking shows delivery tomorrow.
    Does anyone know if shopblackberry.com requires a signature upon delivery? Those C/S agents couldn't answer that simple question for me. I didn't pay for upgraded shipping, just the standard which is FedEx via Smartpost. (Yuk. I should have upgraded shipping...FedEx via Smartpost is slow boat to China.)
    Last edited by gabsandme; 10-08-14 at 04:09 PM.
    nycspaces. likes this.
    10-08-14 03:58 PM
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141008_043507.png 
Views:	1045 
Size:	83.0 KB 
ID:	304043mine is almost here that about a 45 min drive from here. So i should see it later today or tomorrow morning.

Posted via cb10
    did you have to sign for the package when delivered?
    10-08-14 04:23 PM
    I'm curious about how saavy people are about credit card usage. There's something called "Pending", which means a charge hold was put in place, and "Sale", which is an actual charge for the product. If your activity says "Pending", then you haven't been charged for the product. If your activity says "Sale", then expect shipping to be soon. It seems a lot of people have no idea of the difference and are getting bent out of shape.

For the US, unless there's a promised delivery date, the merchant has up to 30 days to ship (unfortunately):

- "By law, a merchant should ship your order within the time stated in its ads or over the phone. If the merchant doesn't promise a time, you can expect it to ship your order within 30 days."

- "The shipment "clock" begins when the merchant receives a "properly completed order." That includes your name, address and payment (check, money order or authorization to charge an existing credit account - whether the account is debited at that time or not)."

Billed for Merchandise You Never Received? Here's What To Do | Consumer Information
    Wrong as far as Digital River goes in this deal.

I ordered Oct 3rd and Oct 4th. The Oct 3rd order is on back order. The October 4th order seems to be lost in cyber world.

I paid by PayPal. On Oct 3rd PayPal charged my credit card. On Oct 3rd my CC charged me, On Oct 4th PayPal charged my CC. On Oct 4th my CC charged me.

So, 5 and 4 days later I have been charged and nothing has been shipped! I called Digital River to confirm this.

I just got off the phone with my CC Company who confirmed that I have been booked for both these charges and they are not "pending" they are real!

So . . . "I'm curious about how saavy people are about credit card usage." Now what say you?
    10-08-14 04:28 PM
    Wrong as far as Digital River goes in this deal.

I ordered Oct 3rd and Oct 4th. The Oct 3rd order is on back order. The October 4th order seems to be lost in cyber world.

I paid by PayPal. On Oct 3rd PayPal charged my credit card. On Oct 3rd my CC charged me, On Oct 4th PayPal charged my CC. On Oct 4th my CC charged me.

So, 5 and 4 days later I have been charged and nothing has been shipped! I called Digital River to confirm this.

I just got off the phone with my CC Company who confirmed that I have been booked for both these charges and they are not "pending" they are real!

So . . . "I'm curious about how saavy people are about credit card usage." Now what say you?
    You should bring this up with PayPal. They pulled the funds from your CC. You have an intermediary. Digital River would normally put a "Pending" charge immediately, then charge you when they're ready to ship.
    10-08-14 04:41 PM
    did you have to sign for the package when delivered?
    I'm at work I'll be out in 30 min. It was sent to my apartments office they sign it for me and they keep it until I get home.
    Anyone who purchased Passport Friday (10/03) or later got shipping confirmation yet?-img_20141008_160024.png

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 05:03 PM

Billed for Merchandise You Never Received? Here's What To Do | Consumer Information
    I'm very savvy when it come to banking as it is my job. My card was charged and the item posted to my bank account monday. I have not received shipping confirmation nor correspondance from anybody at DR in regards to my order being shipped. I have called and they have escalated it to send me an e-mail in 3 business days. This is 2 businsess days after actually collecting the funds (as in no longer pending). My item has not shipped as far as they can tell me and i ordered overnight shipping which should have meant that I would have my phone Tuesday. Therefore i know they have "officially" charged me for the phone and have not shipped the phone.
    10-08-14 05:19 PM
    Got iiiittttt!
    Anyone who purchased Passport Friday (10/03) or later got shipping confirmation yet?-img_20141008_163516.jpg

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 304276
    10-08-14 05:35 PM
    I'm very savvy when it come to banking as it is my job. My card was charged and the item posted to my bank account monday. I have not received shipping confirmation nor correspondance from anybody at DR in regards to my order being shipped. I have called and they have escalated it to send me an e-mail in 3 business days. This is 2 businsess days after actually collecting the funds (as in no longer pending). My item has not shipped as far as they can tell me and i ordered overnight shipping which should have meant that I would have my phone Tuesday. Therefore i know they have "officially" charged me for the phone and have not shipped the phone.
    Overnight shipping doesn't include the processing time it takes to "handle" the order for shipping. Someone else mentioned that it takes three days before the item actually ships, which if you've paid for overnight, you should have it by the next day after that.

Since Digital River has poor communications, they rarely say when something will actually ship, which means, by law, they have up to 30 days to fulfill their obligation, at least in the U.S.
    10-08-14 05:39 PM
    i was charged yesterday and i still haven't gotten shipping info. wtf?

website states that you get shipping info when you get charged.
    10-08-14 06:47 PM
    It was stated that they are so busy that they are not getting tracking numbers out to customers. If they charged you assume it shipped.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 07:13 PM
    so i can assume these digital river ppl dont have a clue on what they are talking about.

i spoke to them on the phone and they said they don't know why i was charged since according to them it wasn't shipped. so i asked for a refund. i got off the phone with them. i got an email 10 min later stating that they can't process a refund because it was shipped. so i call back. they say they have no record that it was shipped and they are making a ticket to an escalation team to find out why.

wtf? is this really this hard?
    10-08-14 07:26 PM
    Got iiiittttt!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20141008_163516.jpg 
Views:	658 
Size:	39.5 KB 
ID:	304272

Posted via CB10
    Attachment 304276
    That looks nice.

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154