so i can assume these digital river ppl dont have a clue on what they are talking about.

i spoke to them on the phone and they said they don't know why i was charged since according to them it wasn't shipped. so i asked for a refund. i got off the phone with them. i got an email 10 min later stating that they can't process a refund because it was shipped. so i call back. they say they have no record that it was shipped and they are making a ticket to an escalation team to find out why.

wtf? is this really this hard?
    They don't have a clue, they lie and do anything to get you not to cancel the order. One can only imagine how reasonable this whole process would be if they were just competent and providing real and accurate information. They would probably even make more money telling the consumer the truth rather than spending 20 minutes on the phone in the Philippines talking in circles. I guess cheap labor is more accessible than real IT and supply chain management. Seems very shortsighted on BBRY's new management team's part. Go back to the Playbook launch and i assume every product moving forward, see how pissed people are with any interaction with Digital River customer support...if you can call it that.
    10-08-14 07:23 PM
    Still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation email yet. When I look up my order it just says "Boxed Shipment". Does that mean it has?

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 07:26 PM
    Unfortunately Alexander it does not. When it's shipped you'll get an e-mail with your tracking number. Welcome to the club
    AlexanderJJJ and hnguyen like this.
    10-08-14 07:32 PM
    so i can assume these digital river ppl dont have a clue on what they are talking about.

i spoke to them on the phone and they said they don't know why i was charged since according to them it wasn't shipped. so i asked for a refund. i got off the phone with them. i got an email 10 min later stating that they can't process a refund because it was shipped. so i call back. they say they have no record that it was shipped and they are making a ticket to an escalation team to find out why.

wtf? is this really this hard?
    Lol you can't make this stuff up if you wanted too. Sadly not surprised at all by this they literally have no idea. It is as though the are part machine part human.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 07:48 PM
    still has the screen protector on it
    10-08-14 08:57 PM
    still has the screen protector on it
    http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g1...psdb97cf9c.jpg
    Daaaamn!

Posted via CB10 with Z30STA100-5/10.3.0.1154
    10-08-14 09:00 PM
    10-08-14 09:03 PM
    Definitely not a good rep with the BBC but I am still optimistic that we haven't been duped. That would imply that our Passports aren't still on their way and I refuse to believe that.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 09:18 PM
    there are numerous complains on BBB site that state Digital River charged them and never shipped out the device (no tracking email either)

same bs we are going through right now. this is months later and these dolts haven't fixed the system yet.
    10-08-14 09:23 PM
    I would be very bummed out if that happened. My charge has been taken off my credit card now though (which is bittersweet because it means that my Passport has definitely not shipped yet) but it at least means that DR wasn't lying about it only being a preauthorization. Let's just keep hoping for the best. There isn't much else we can do after all.

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 11:22 PM
    Definitely not a good rep with the BBC but I am still optimistic that we haven't been duped. That would imply that our Passports aren't still on their way and I refuse to believe that.

Posted via CB10
    BBC can stand for so many thing...

Founder and fearless leader of the Peevishlicious Crew
    10-08-14 11:53 PM
    it's up for grap right now at telus, bell and rogers, why would you bother order online and have to wait for it on a website everybody is complaining about?
    Not true. I ordered one from rogers on a 2 year contract and no rogers stores in the Niagara Region have them in stock. Waiting for this order to be "shipped" also

Posted via CB10 for Q10
    10-09-14 12:31 AM
    For the person that asked earlier in this thread..."Boxed Shipment" means "we have no bleeping idea where your order is, or when it will ship to you...if ever...but thank you for giving us your credit card details so we can hold your money...sucker...now move along."

I too am a "Boxed Shipment" sucker.

Posted via CB10
    hnguyen likes this.
    10-09-14 12:47 AM
    Still haven't gotten a shipping confirmation email yet. When I look up my order it just says "Boxed Shipment". Does that mean it has?

Posted via CB10
    Means physical object to be shipped, as opposed to a digital download. Nothing to do with status. The order status page actually includes no status information.
    10-09-14 05:00 AM
    It would provide some insight if those posting shipping confirms also include the date and time of their orders regular or VIP. That way we will know if they are totally disorganized or if they are filing orders using FIFO and get an idea of where we may be in the queue.
    nycspaces. likes this.
    10-09-14 05:50 AM
    It isn't FIFO. Sometimes I get the impression it is LILO, but really it seems random. But I get your point.

(I ordered from US shop BlackBerry on the 24th, paid with credit card, selected next day shipping, got both confirmation emails, but no shipping notification yet, no device. And credit card hasn't been charged)
    10-09-14 05:54 AM
    Means physical object to be shipped, as opposed to a digital download. Nothing to do with status. The order status page actually includes no status information.
    ok that clears up some stuff

do you think if orders that do not state that 'boxed shipment' comment, that the item is still non-physical, in other words not been manufactured yet?
    10-09-14 06:39 AM
    Ordered on Friday October 3rd, hoping for device tomorrow but not holding my breath