Hi,

I am using the desktop version of ProtonMail https:// protonmail.com and was wondering if anyone has managed to run it on their Passport?

They have the android and iOS app and I see that many BB10 users have asked for a solution but chances of that happening is probably small.

I never downloaded snap or cobalt but if I did would that allow me use their android app?

Posted via my BlackBerry Passport
    11-06-16 04:50 PM
    Their Android app works perfectly on the passport - aside from the lack of notifications and hub integration.

You can install via snap or cobalt. I recommend cobalt because it saves the apk to your phone, which u can then run through cobalts patcher software on windows. This will remove the google play dependancy warning when u run the app on bb10.
    11-06-16 05:35 PM
    I use startmail.com, which needs no app to integrate into the hub through your email setup app. It isn't free, runs around $5 a month.
    11-06-16 11:03 PM
    Their Android app works perfectly on the passport - aside from the lack of notifications and hub integration.

You can install via snap or cobalt. I recommend cobalt because it saves the apk to your phone, which u can then run through cobalts patcher software on windows. This will remove the google play dependancy warning when u run the app on bb10.
    Thanks very much for the advice. I will give that a go, although have never used snap or cobalt!

11-09-16 04:29 PM
    I use startmail.com, which needs no app to integrate into the hub through your email setup app. It isn't free, runs around $5 a month.
    Thanks. I've already signed up with ProtonMail and otherwise happy with it.

11-09-16 04:34 PM
    Thanks. I've already signed up with ProtonMail and otherwise happy with it.

Hilary is that you...

Posted via CB10
    to boldly go likes this.
    11-09-16 10:59 PM
    Hahaha

�σя Gσ∂ ѕσ ℓσνє∂ тнє ωσяℓ∂, тнαт нє gανє нιѕ σηℓу вєgσттєη ѕση, тнαт ωнσѕσєνєя вєℓιєνєтн ιη нιм ѕнσυℓ∂ ησт ρєяιѕн, вυт нανє єνєяℓαѕтιηg ℓι�є. נσнη 3:16
    11-10-16 12:12 AM
    I have tried it a few years ago, but in the end switched to a G-Suite account...

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 01:49 AM
    Hilary is that you...

Posted via CB10
    No, not Hilary

12-28-16 08:20 PM
    I just downloaded the apk from a website and installed it. Don't need cobalt or anything else

Posted via CB10
    12-28-16 10:28 PM
    Hello,

I would like a secure email account. Is it possible to create a homescreen icon to access ProtonMail accounts through the web browser on the Passport SE? Thanks!

Reg
    12-29-16 10:45 PM
    You can save the protonmail website to your homescreen using the add to homescreen option like you can for any webpage.

The protonmail android app works except for notifications, you will get the 'this won't work without Google Play S,ervices' warning however.
    12-31-16 03:22 AM