Hey Everyone,

I was wondering if anyone is using a Hard shell case from Blackberry for their Passport?
    I was wondering if the thicker corners made holding the device any different? If it added much more width to the device as well?

I've just placed an order for one and wanted to know what I was getting myself into with it.

Thanks in advance
    09-25-14 06:49 PM
    +1 on this question. Im feeling a little strange about carrying the new phone around in the buff. Especially coming in and out of pockets. Dont want it to slip.
    09-25-14 06:53 PM
    I've got one. Yeah, it does change the feel a little different -- but it isn't the corners. The texture of the shell is pretty good, but doesn't have the grippiness of the soft-touch back of the Passport. I'm only using it whan I go out. Around the old mansion I go naked.
    bbmtna likes this.
    09-25-14 07:05 PM
    I've got one. Yeah, it does change the feel a little different -- but it isn't the corners. The texture of the shell is pretty good, but doesn't have the grippiness of the soft-touch back of the Passport. I'm only using it whan I go out. Around the old mansion I go naked.
    You're preaching to the choir lol

So the shell would be similar to the one on the Q10 for example?

I want the case to lift the device off the keys when I have it laying face down, and second to lift the camera lens off the table when it's face up.

Thanks for your help

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 07:08 PM
    I have the shell it's like the z10 back
    bbmtna likes this.
    09-25-14 08:10 PM
    Good luck, OP. Sorry that this happened. Thanks for letting us know and being composed about the issue, and be willing to confirm and triage it as a hardware issue quickly. I
    certainly hope the retailer gets it sorted for you!

Posted via CB10
    09-25-14 08:33 PM
    Good luck, OP. Sorry that this happened. Thanks for letting us know and being composed about the issue, and be willing to confirm and triage it as a hardware issue quickly. I
    certainly hope the retailer gets it sorted for you!

Posted via CB10
    I appreciate your concern, but I have a feeling that you may have the wrong thread :-)
    positronio, tHe.iR1sH and Pdinos3 like this.
    09-25-14 08:43 PM
    The case corners are raised just enough so that the keys don't contact a flat surface when you place it face down. That's why I grabbed this case -- to be able to use the "flip to mute" function, in addition to protecting the corners.
    bbmtna likes this.
    09-26-14 06:44 AM
    Thanks everyone, The hardshell case is awesome. I'm really enjoying it.

The screen protector on the other hand, well that was a disaster.

Hopefully the telus store have some tomorrow.

Take care!
    09-29-14 03:43 PM
    The shell hardcase is great. Nice soft touch feel. Easy to put on and take off, but impossible for the phone to really fall out of it very easily. Great design (you slide into the bottom corners and snap into the top corners.

Looks higher quality than the BlackBerry q10 cases, too. A little pricey, but it's the only game in town. And it's good, thin, and light.

Posted with Passport via CB10
    bbmtna likes this.
    09-29-14 03:47 PM
    I'm using mine. Just got it today. Love the feel of it.got it from eBay.co.uk for �15

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 10:49 AM
    I love the hard shell. I don't normally go for cases like this, but BB really hit a home run with it. Now all I need is a leather pouch that can accomodate the phone with the shell and I will be a happy camper!

JB
    10-08-14 10:55 AM
    The hardshell is definitely good, in terms of how little bulk it adds to the device. I just wish it was as grippy as the actual back of the Passport, which actually made for comfortable one handed use (for reading, not typing). With the hardshell, I feel like it's going to slip (even though it hasn't yet).

Posted via CB10
    10-08-14 11:33 AM
    An alternative is to take the hard shell case and glue it into a leather holder, like CellPhoneJunkey did.
    10-08-14 12:28 PM
    Still a little bit shy right now as it is Not Accessorized at the moment.

But here it is hard at work at the moment. It has dreams of being accessorized with a Blackberry PassPort one day.

Anyone Using the Hardshell Case from Blackberry?-img_20141008_122903.jpg

Of course when the ordered said accessory arrives I will retire the hard-working role of present to a more subtle luxurious task of bathing around the Stainlees steel ][ beams of the accessory.
    10-08-14 12:47 PM
    Frankly,from what I've read here since the launch and keynote almost everyone is using the hard shell. I think this due largely to a lack of protective cases for the Passport!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    10-08-14 12:58 PM
    Frankly,from what I've read here since the launch and keynote almost everyone is using the hard shell. I think this due largely to a lack of protective cases for the Passport!

Posted via Passport OS 10.3.0.738
    just a thought....lack of cases for a lack of passports? LOL
    10-08-14 01:03 PM
    just a thought....lack of cases for a lack of passports? LOL
    I keep reading on SeekingAlpha that the 200,000 Passports were a "Purchase Order" and that they really only made a few thousand to sell. I'm sure that person also expects every BlackBerry owner to be a member of CrackBerry and to post that they love their new Passport.
    10-08-14 01:18 PM