Hey vvildstar,

Just sent unlock codes to some customers today for their AT&T passports.

Will ask them to test after unlocking if they have tom sims

Really appreciate you posting this! Any chance you can provide us with a rough price for this?
    02-25-15 09:54 PM
    (double post)
    Last edited by vvildstar; 02-25-15 at 10:01 PM. Reason: double post
    02-25-15 10:01 PM
    LOL this looks good to me regarding frequencies need to work on T-Mobile. How are the data speeds? Lets get some speedtest results in here!
    02-25-15 10:02 PM
    If I unlock my ATT Passport, will I be able to get the OS updates direct from BB?
    02-26-15 11:13 AM
    Really appreciate you posting this! Any chance you can provide us with a rough price for this?
    Doesnt CB have a sponsor for unlocking phones? Is that not a service here somewhere?
    02-26-15 11:19 AM
    If I unlock my ATT Passport, will I be able to get the OS updates direct from BB?
    I believe you typically have to take the sim out in order to get the OTA update.
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-26-15 11:20 AM
    Doesnt CB have a sponsor for unlocking phones? Is that not a service here somewhere?
    I'm not sure if they do I just know that the other poster said he had successfully sent over unlock codes to ATT PP users and I was curious on the cost
    02-26-15 11:21 AM
    I believe you typically have to take the sim out in order to get the OTA update.
    Wait, hold on. Isn't this true only for factory unlocked phones? An AT&T Passport (or Z10, Q10, etc.) is considered an "AT&T phone."
    Tim-ANC likes this.
    02-26-15 12:35 PM
    so... seems that it will work (an att version on t-mo)... now, can anyone that actually is using it comment about signal, coverage, LTE etc? i am interested to know if the phone works better, or worse, or the same... i haven't seen an att version in person though, just thinking about the possibility of using it on t-mo...
    02-26-15 12:40 PM
    comparing this screen shot to mine (original PP factory unlocked using on t-mo) the only difference is that i have an extra LTE band (13), the rest it's the same... anyone with technical knowledge can chime in and tells us (me hahaha) how this affects performance/coverage/signal? thanks!

Is this what you are looking for?

Att passport with tmo sim.
    Attachment 336982

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 12:44 PM
    comparing this screen shot to mine (original PP factory unlocked using on t-mo) the only difference is that i have an extra LTE band (13), the rest it's the same... anyone with technical knowledge can chime in and tells us (me hahaha) how this affects performance/coverage/signal? thanks!
    I would imagine that it should function relatively the same. T-Mobile's network isn't as expansive as AT&T's but I would think it will function the same as any other LTE device on the network.
    02-26-15 12:49 PM
    Band 13 is Verizon's...so kind of a waste. It won't have any effect whatsoever on your AT&T or TMO experience.
    gallopiton likes this.
    02-26-15 12:52 PM
    thank you sir... interesting that i see that band then, since i am on t-mo... quite honestly, i have no reason to get the att version, original version has been great, no issues whatsoever... but i wonder if the redesign handles better the tension that seems to lead to the occasional screen lifting experienced by some users... also i am intrigued by the extra chin, if actually your typing improves over this detail or it just about the same... i think a friend of mine it's getting it and then i would be able to make a personal comparison, as far as i know there is no store in the Atlanta area to go and take a look...

Band 13 is Verizon's...so kind of a waste. It won't have any effect whatsoever on your AT&T or TMO experience.
    02-26-15 03:50 PM
    thank you sir... interesting that i see that band then, since i am on t-mo... quite honestly, i have no reason to get the att version, original version has been great, no issues whatsoever... but i wonder if the redesign handles better the tension that seems to lead to the occasional screen lifting experienced by some users... also i am intrigued by the extra chin, if actually your typing improves over this detail or it just about the same... i think a friend of mine it's getting it and then i would be able to make a personal comparison, as far as i know there is no store in the Atlanta area to go and take a look...
    It appears that the metal band does hold the screen better (that's what is initially being reported though). I haven't had the chance to play with the OG PP, but the ATT one is very nice to type on. I also heard that the keys are slightly bigger... I can't confirm that though.
    02-26-15 04:23 PM
    Not anymore. They used to, though.
    02-26-15 04:51 PM
    thank you sir... interesting that i see that band then, since i am on t-mo... quite honestly, i have no reason to get the att version, original version has been great, no issues whatsoever... but i wonder if the redesign handles better the tension that seems to lead to the occasional screen lifting experienced by some users... also i am intrigued by the extra chin, if actually your typing improves over this detail or it just about the same... i think a friend of mine it's getting it and then i wyould be able to make a personal comparison, as far as i know there is no store in the Atlanta area to go and take a look...
    The ATT company store on Cumberland Boulevard has both passport and classic demos. That is ware I got my Passport from last Friday. Go check them out they are Sweet!

Posted via CB10
    anon(153966) likes this.
    02-26-15 08:01 PM
    Well... I will need to go to Cumberland Blvd then hahaha... thanks man!

The ATT company store on Cumberland Boulevard has both passport and classic demos. That is ware I got my Passport from last Friday. Go check them out they are Sweet!

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    02-26-15 08:47 PM
    Wait, hold on. Isn't this true only for factory unlocked phones? An AT&T Passport (or Z10, Q10, etc.) is considered an "AT&T phone."
    As far as I know you will not get the OTA updates like the factory unlocked models do, the device is still seen as a AT&T device, at least that's what I have experienced with my TELUS model that I unlocked.

I also still haven't received the official 10.3.1 update yet, even though I have a T Mobile sim card in the device. I think the device is still seen as a TELUS device by the BlackBerry server.

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    raino likes this.
    02-27-15 04:17 AM
    Well... I will need to go to Cumberland Blvd then hahaha... thanks man!

Posted via CB10
    No worries thought I would help out a fellow atlien enjoy!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 05:57 AM
    I also still haven't received the official 10.3.1 update yet, even though I have a T Mobile sim card in the device. I think the device is still seen as a TELUS device by the BlackBerry server.
    When you have a SIM card in the phone, it's prioritized over the phone's origin. Have you tried checking with your SIM card out of the phone?

Quite frankly, I don't know what happens in a situation like yours--SIM card in another carrier's branded (and unlocked) phone.
    02-27-15 12:03 PM
    I would like to know if someone out there knows if there is someone who can unlocked the AT&T Passport so I could use it on T-Mobile USA? I know most of the unlocking sites will not do it because the product is to new. Any suggestions would be appreciated please, I don't want to buy one knowing it can't be unlocked.
    02-27-15 01:08 PM
    I would like to know if someone out there knows if there is someone who can unlocked the AT&T Passport so I could use it on T-Mobile USA? I know most of the unlocking sites will not do it because the product is to new. Any suggestions would be appreciated please, I don't want to buy one knowing it can't be unlocked.
    BlackBerryCodeSource seems to have unlocked a few AT&T Passports; see posts#11 and 13.
    02-27-15 01:32 PM
    I sent them a PM, waiting for a response from them

Sent from my lovely passport on T Mobile USA
    02-27-15 01:57 PM
    I just went to hold an att model. I am currently using unlocked one from amazon on tmo. First thing noticed, build quality is better. Phone seems sturdier and the keyboard doesn't make that annoying squeaking sound when I press p, delete, or enter. It just seems tighter, better built. Not sure how to explain it. Not sure the extra chin does anything.

The width is exactly the same. It is talked naked but exactly the same size when compared to og with official BlackBerry hard case on.

I like it better.

Have to figure out a way to buy it and get unlocked right away.

Posted via BBPP
    02-28-15 12:04 PM
    I just went to hold an att model. I am currently using unlocked one from amazon on tmo. First thing noticed, build quality is better. Phone seems sturdier and the keyboard doesn't make that annoying squeaking sound when I press p, delete, or enter. It just seems tighter, better built. Not sure how to explain it. Not sure the extra chin does anything.

The width is exactly the same. It is talked naked but exactly the same size when compared to og with official BlackBerry hard case on.

I like it better.

Have to figure out a way to buy it and get unlocked right away.

Posted via BBPP
    Check out my post on purchasing outright at best buy👍
    03-01-15 07:28 AM
56 123