Tried today, seems fully integrated.

Click and hold to pull the hub open or move between app screens.
    Click open apps. Click bottom hold and pull up to minimise apps.
    Mouse wheel works in most apps including browser, basically anywhere you can scroll with passport keyboard strokes.
    Only a few places mouse wheel does not work just like with touch keyboard same as in Crack berry app where need to open account settings.
    Of course click and hld always works.

Pretty fun till the novelty wears off.
    - but Seriously it's very useful for the odd non mobile friendly website or poorly developed apps with tiny links to click on.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 12:53 PM
    Yup,.. been like that for a while on BB10 (and even the PlayBook).

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 12:58 PM
    It's also quite handy if you keep your Passport in a holder / cradle at your desk. I keep it in a mounted holder next to my monitor so I can see and answer calls, the mouse is a great way to interact with it without needing to reach up.

Also as another thought, a mouse + keyboard with a little stand and you've got a pretty decent setup for heavier work or remote desktop work.
    10-15-14 01:15 PM
    What type of mouse? Please list device details. Bluetooth?

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 11:07 PM
    I want to know what are you guys using too. I can't find a compatible mouse for my playbook.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 11:14 PM
    A bluetooth mouse. Been using one on my PlayBook for a while. Works great. They are hard to find. Not many out there.

Posted using my awesome Passport
    10-15-14 11:17 PM
    I have tried 3 ways:

1. Bluetooth
    2. USB
    3. Blend

All worked very well.

Posted via CB10
    10-15-14 11:36 PM
    Is the bluetooth a direct connection? Cause all bluetooth mouses I see need a usb dongle to be inserted in the laptop

Posted via CB10 on my Z10STL100-1/10.3.1.634
    10-15-14 11:54 PM
    I have tried 3 ways:

1. Bluetooth
    2. USB
    3. Blend

All worked very well.

Posted via CB10
    Blend takes the cake.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 12:10 AM
    Is the bluetooth a direct connection? Cause all bluetooth mouses I see need a usb dongle to be inserted in the laptop

I have used a bluetooth mouse that has worked by itself and should work on all BB10 phones.

I imagine the dongle version would still work if you got a micro USB to female USB adapter cord and inserted the dongle. However this would only work on Passport and Z30 as far as I am aware.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 12:14 AM
    Any one try a wireless keyboard and mouse combo through OTG?

I have a USB wireless keyboard and mouse that operates through a dongle. Would using a mirco USB adapter enable their use?

Not that I'd really use it. But it's be cool if it worked.

Passport || Fido
    10-16-14 02:44 AM
    USB OTG doesn't support multiple devices. However, if the HID device is integrated and appears as one device, then it is possible (though rare).

If you have a mouse (USB dongle) and a usb keyboard, you'd only be able to use one of them.
    10-16-14 03:06 AM
    USB OTG doesn't support multiple devices. However, if the HID device is integrated and appears as one device, then it is possible (though rare).

If you have a mouse (USB dongle) and a usb keyboard, you'd only be able to use one of them.
    This isn't true. I have had a mouse, keyboard and game controller all working. You need to connect a USB hub to your USB OTG port on Z30 or PP.

I wanted to try a dongle based keyboard and trackpad combo but can't find the USB receiver. I am curious as it is one device if it will work as mouse and keyboard by plugging receiver into USB host from phone using a micro USB to female USB port cord.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 03:17 AM
    As far as I'm concerned, any Bluetooth mouse or keyboard should pair with your passport, but it has to be Bluetooth M/K and not some other wireless frequency You don't need to use the dongles that came with the keyboard or the mouse. I've done this with my z30 using a Logitech mouse I bought some 5 years ago, and a MS Keyboard. Both are Bluetooth.

Here's what I did:

I brought the K and M to my phone (left the dongles behind), and paired the K and M with my z30. The pairing was easy. After enabling Bluetooth on the z30, I pressed (and held) the pairing button (underneath) on the mouse until the phone's Bluetooth menu showed that it now sees a new Bluetooth device (mouse). Using the phone I selected the device in order to pair with it. Within seconds the two were paired and I was using the mouse on my phone. I did the same thing with the keyboard, except that my z30 told me to type in a bunch of digits on the keyboard as a security confirmation.

Out of curiosity, I decided to pair another Bluetooth keyboard, to see what would happen. It paired in the same fashion as the first keyboard, but the fist-paired Bluetooth device was disconnected from the phone. I think it's because you can have a maximum of two Bluetooth devices paired with the phone. Maybe more are allowed with the Passport, but I don't have one so I can't confirm.

In my case, all devices paired in the same fashion, but each device might be different, so if you can't pair yours the same way I did mine, google your device's pairing instructions.

You can also connect your wired keyboard *OR* mouse to your phone, but you need a little adapter for the phone's USB port. This is the one I got (because the ones from eBay or Amazon don't last long):

Micro USB OTG Adapter Cable ? 6-inch USB to Micro USB OTG Host Cable | StarTech.com United Kingdom

And if you want to connect your wired keyboard *AND* mouse, you'll also need a powered USB hub. Here's a video of somebody doing just that (although using the phone's HDMI-out would have been much easier way of connecting the phone to his monitor. I'm guessing his monitor doesn't have an HDMI-in):

Note that when using the 'wired' method, your phone will NOT be charged by the USB hub. However, you CAN continue to charge your phone via USB if you're using the Bluetooth method.

I don't have Blend....yet...but it sound like that's the best method yet for connecting your M and K. I'll have to give it a try when I upgrade to the new OS come November or so.
    10-16-14 07:40 AM
    This isn't true. I have had a mouse, keyboard and game controller all working. You need to connect a USB hub to your USB OTG port on Z30 or PP.
    The USB OTG spec specifically says hubs are not supported and on my other devices this warning pops up on the screen saying 'Hubs are not supported'.

Only a USB Host would support hubs. So I guess you're looking at a USB Host on Z30 and Passport.
    10-16-14 08:09 AM
    The USB OTG spec specifically says hubs are not supported and on my other devices this warning pops up on the screen saying 'Hubs are not supported'.

Only a USB Host would support hubs. So I guess you're looking at a USB Host on Z30 and Passport.
    Yes I do not know the technical details I just know it worked with both the Z30 and the PP.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 08:51 AM

That's interesting,.. so have been calling it the wrong thing all along?

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 10:06 AM

They all come with a dongle "just in case" that the laptop or other target does not have Bluetooth built in. Otherwise it works really well without it. (It is not 'required' if the target device has BT already)
    power5 likes this.
    10-16-14 10:13 AM
    All,

I have successfully used a little dongle from Logitech on a USB OTG cable; that dongle allowed interaction with a Logitech Keyboard and Mouse combo on my Z30. I have not tried that yet on my Passport because I'm waiting for a Slimport HDMI cable to allow connection to a monitor. (I had my Z30 connected by HDMI cable to a monitor, and the USB port allowed connection to peripherals).

With the Passport I think I need to move to Bluetooth for mouse/keyboard and Slimport for Video.
    10-16-14 10:16 AM
    They all come with a dongle "just in case" that the laptop or other target does not have Bluetooth built in. Otherwise it works really well without it. (It is not 'required' if the target device has BT already)
    Do they? Bluetooth peripherals are actually quite the minority. Most wireless mice and keyboards that you find in store use a proprietary wireless protocol that is more energy efficient and seemingly more reliable, but requires the little USB dongle.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 10:17 AM
    No that's a wireless mouse, not a bluetooth mouse
    The mini keybaord and tracker that i bought to use with my Playbook connects effortlessly by bluetooth to my Z10 and Q10. I use it if i have long email to send from my Z10.
    power5 likes this.
    10-16-14 10:23 AM
    All,

I have successfully used a little dongle from Logitech on a USB OTG cable; that dongle allowed interaction with a Logitech Keyboard and Mouse combo on my Z30. I have not tried that yet on my Passport because I'm waiting for a Slimport HDMI cable to allow connection to a monitor. (I had my Z30 connected by HDMI cable to a monitor, and the USB port allowed connection to peripherals).

With the Passport I think I need to move to Bluetooth for mouse/keyboard and Slimport for Video.
    Could you try the USB dongle with the combined keyboard and mouse on PP and let's us know how it works. Can use the PP display for now just want to see if both work. I have the logitech K400r but can't find my dongle.

As for PP depending on your needs I think it makes more sense to use wireless technology for the peripherals like you mentioned and save the port for hard wiring a display. My experience has been lag with miracast even though no lag shows on PP screen.

Posted via CB10
    10-16-14 12:50 PM
    Yes. It did work for me. I tried plugging a USB OTG then placed a USB hub. My flash drive and my transceiver worked nice. Transceiver is for my mouse and keyboard.

Posted via Amazing Passport
    11-17-14 02:40 PM