I just tried this and although it made things better. I was still unable to install google play services so still get the message "I need google play services" to run some apps. Is there a certain place I am supposed to install a cracked "google play services" from.

This is making me excited. lol Realistically it's the only thing missing for blackberry. I think I could convince people to come back if this was actually possible

---
    update to this - Facebook messenger which I did have working has now stopped after updating it. boo hoo
    http://forums.crackberry.com/android...g-page-965257/

BlackBerryaholic by choice.
    06-27-15 08:35 AM
    hell no best dam phone I have ever had
    06-27-15 09:27 AM
    I just tried this and although it made things better. I was still unable to install google play services so still get the message "I need google play services" to run some apps. Is there a certain place I am supposed to install a cracked "google play services" from.

This is making me excited. lol Realistically it's the only thing missing for blackberry. I think I could convince people to come back if this was actually possible

---
    update to this - Facebook messenger which I did have working has now stopped after updating it. boo hoo
    You need to read the threads before throwing your arms in the air and saying it doesn't work. It works perfectly. You need to install patched Google Services, Google Login ID, Google Account, and Google Whitelist. For apps that require Google+ login, you have to patch them and add them to the whitelist. If you update them, that would overwrite your patched version with an unpatched version and it would stop working.

Everything works, if you follow the directions...

BlackBizzle my nizzle // SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.798 // Cricket Wireless
    gfondeur likes this.
    06-27-15 01:02 PM
    Tired of double or triple typing!!

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 02:39 PM
    Still love it, even with occasional double typing (meanwhile, my computer kb is not typing some letters unless I hammer at the keys). Awesome phone that commands attention. I actually prefer its kb to the computer kb.
    06-27-15 03:00 PM
    I'm a couple of weeks shy of 6 months with my Passport. And I just finished a week long conference. I used both a Windows 10 netbook and my Passport to type notes. If the Passport had a removable battery so I could swap another one in, I would only have needed my Passport.

I'm a moderate to heavy user, normally. The conference was worse. Off the charger at 6am, down to 20-30% battery by 8pm. Normally I have a few days like that, with most letting me get to a 1-2am bedtime on a single charge. Yes, I have both social media and messaging active. I do miss Hangouts because I'm co-owner of several Google+ communities. It would make communications with fellow moderators so much easier.

Is long battery life and only one "essential" app missing boring? Maybe. If it is, I'll take boring.
    06-27-15 03:51 PM
    I'm a couple of weeks shy of 6 months with my Passport. And I just finished a week long conference. I used both a Windows 10 netbook and my Passport to type notes. If the Passport had a removable battery so I could swap another one in, I would only have needed my Passport.

I'm a moderate to heavy user, normally. The conference was worse. Off the charger at 6am, down to 20-30% battery by 8pm. Normally I have a few days like that, with most letting me get to a 1-2am bedtime on a single charge. Yes, I have both social media and messaging active. I do miss Hangouts because I'm co-owner of several Google+ communities. It would make communications with fellow moderators so much easier.

Is long battery life and only one "essential" app missing boring? Maybe. If it is, I'll take boring.
    I've got Hangouts working on my Passport. I've loaded all of Cobalt's Google apps so most things work for me that require Google support.
    06-27-15 04:13 PM
    Not even a little bit.
    06-27-15 05:59 PM
    All I know is that it feels great to be back! The passport is an awesome and efficient workhorse... for the fun and games I just get the android tablet out :-)

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    gfondeur likes this.
    06-27-15 08:06 PM
    I've had mine for about 5 months now and its just a solid device all around. I couldn't be happier with its performance and style.
    Last edited by b1aine; 06-28-15 at 11:44 AM.
    06-27-15 08:16 PM
    You do realize Play Services and just about every app works now, including those with Google+ login (YouTube, Hangouts, Google+, etc)? If it's still not good enough for you I think you need an Android device.
    Nope, unless you're using a different device than I am, Play Services most certainly don't work. Play Store on the other hand does, although it requires a "process" to set up. Don't get me wrong, I think what Cobalt's done is amazing, but it's not an actual long term solution.

I can give you a list of apps that aren't compatible, but let's start with Yelp where maps don't work, then OpenTable where again maps don't work, then we can talk about items that interface with Google+, those too don't work. Do also note that making them work with a patched version of Google Play Services and patched APKs is once again not a working solution as it kills the ability to stay up to date unless you want to spend an hour daily patching new apps in the hope that they work.

Posted via CB10
    06-27-15 08:29 PM
    Nope, unless you're using a different device than I am, Play Services most certainly don't work. Play Store on the other hand does, although it requires a "process" to set up. Don't get me wrong, I think what Cobalt's done is amazing, but it's not an actual long term solution.

I can give you a list of apps that aren't compatible, but let's start with Yelp where maps don't work, then OpenTable where again maps don't work, then we can talk about items that interface with Google+, those too don't work. Do also note that making them work with a patched version of Google Play Services and patched APKs is once again not a working solution as it kills the ability to stay up to date unless you want to spend an hour daily patching new apps in the hope that they work.

Posted via CB10
    Ummmm, yup. Maybe you haven't checked out Cobalt's page in a few weeks, but apps requiring Google+ login NOW WORK. For those that he hasn't baked into his Google Play Services release, you download the unpatched app, whitelist it in his Whitelist app, then uninstall the unpatched and install the patched one.

Anyone tired of their Passport?-img_20150627_183411.jpg

What is that!? YouTube logged in? Yup.
    06-27-15 08:35 PM
    I've got Hangouts working on my Passport. I've loaded all of Cobalt's Google apps so most things work for me that require Google support.
    I have the Play store, hadn't paid attention to him having Hangouts working. If it'll do group chat, I'll be a happy camper. If, like Google Talk, it only does individual chats, then I'm really no further ahead. Thanks for letting me know, KenV54.
    06-27-15 09:00 PM
    The only thing that I've gotten a bit tired of is the attention. At first it was pretty cool. Now I'm getting tired of repeating myself over and over again.

Yes it's a phone. Yes it fits in my pocket. Yes I like it. Sure you can hold it... blah blah blah...

Sent from my Passport
    06-27-15 09:56 PM
    The only thing that I've gotten a bit tired of is the attention. At first it was pretty cool. Now I'm getting tired of repeating myself over and over again.

Yes it's a phone. Yes it fits in my pocket. Yes I like it. Sure you can hold it... blah blah blah...

Sent from my Passport
    LMAO - and when people ask me if I like it, I almost want to say, "No, that's why I carry it daily..." Honestly...
    gfondeur likes this.
    06-27-15 10:17 PM
    Never got tired of mine. I was offered a deal of two Z30s for my one Passport. I chose to make the jump. My Passport was a few months old. The Z30s were brand new. It was a simple choice to make.

I do miss the broad physical keyboard, but I have adapted pretty quickly to virtual again.

Hey, Poi, how's the new Passport working out so far?

-- Blackberry Z30, VMO, Toronto
    06-28-15 12:13 AM
    Hey, Poi, how's the new Passport working out so far?
    Great man, so nice to get back to just enjoying the device. I really had a string of bad luck. Never used any other BB phones, but you like the Z30? You think the Passport "work wide" is bs after a few days back on a slab?
    06-28-15 12:58 AM
    I've only had it for a couple of weeks now, and I can honestly say that this is the first phone I've had in a long time that I feel no need to upgrade from. As long as Blackberry keeps up with updating bb10 I really feel like this is a 3+ year phone. Hardware and software are both top notch. And LOVE this big beautiful screen.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 01:21 AM
    I am switch form Note 3 to BlackBerry Passport. No way back. . Simply the best phone, not like all other .
    06-28-15 01:31 AM
    I think the Passport may have cured my "new smartphone itch", I am really not interested in any other phone now.

I'm 6 months with the PP now, and it feels like it could be a long journey. I find it very funny when I type emails next to my co-workers which use company-issued Samsungs (mine sits in the drawer). I get the job done and still have time for a coffee, they are still writing...

Posted via CB10 from my exquisite Passport on TMO Romania
    06-28-15 01:45 AM
    I think the Passport may have cured my "new smartphone itch", I am really not interested in any other phone now.

I'm 6 months with the PP now
    Pretty much same story as me, including time period.
    06-28-15 01:52 AM
    Great man, so nice to get back to just enjoying the device. I really had a string of bad luck. Never used any other BB phones, but you like the Z30? You think the Passport "work wide" is bs after a few days back on a slab?
    I'm not sure. I guess in my head, the jury is still deciding. I found that the square screen has advantages when dealing with documents. The wider screen does allow for a wider page view, which is nice. Of course, we all know that the square screen doesn't display video as well as a slab phone, but we all went in knowing that. And the reduced playback size did not really bother me so much.

One significant thing I noticed is that the "taller" slab screen allows for more entries to be seen in the Hub, which I actually like. I also find that even though the AMOLED screen has significantly less pixel density than the Passport's IPS screen, my eyes are more comfortable with the Z30 screen and I can't really perceive the lack of pixels. I'm sure side by side, I would see it, but I no longer have a Passport for comparison.

On paper, the Passport is the clear champion in all regards, but I don't see the Z30 as an inferior device. I think both are great and both aid your productivity. Maybe it does come down to cosmetics.

The square shape of the Passport is unique and different. I will admit though that I find that for me, the thinner profile and slightly lighter weight of the Z30 is a huge plus.

I'm think "work wide" is valid, but having had a Passport for as long as I did, I'm now seeing the value of working "tall" with the Z30 screen. The Passport was my first BB10 device, so I acclimated to the BB10 experience in that format. Now, I'm trying out BB10 in a more conventional phone format. Perhaps after a few months, I'll have a more refined opinion.

For now, all I can say is that both devices are very capable, it�s up to the end user to decide what works for them.

Glad your double-typing days are over, man.

Cheers.

-- Blackberry Z30, VMO, Toronto
    Optimus4 likes this.
    06-28-15 03:42 AM
    I am tired, because it is getting slow now. It turns on in my pocket. Specially camera app.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 03:48 AM
    Likewise...got a Samsung 5s from my employer...Passport smokes this phone hands down. so I still use the Passport as my daily driver and the 5s as a backup second number phone...no use for it. The OS and interface sucks IMO compared to BB10. Everybody asks, where can I get one?....why doesnt Chen and BB understand they need this phone on display at all carriers stores so people will know
    06-28-15 06:41 AM
    I am tired, because it is getting slow now. It turns on in my pocket. Specially camera app.

Posted via CB10
    Turn off "swipe to wake" and use U to unlock. That will solve your turns on problems.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-15 06:45 AM
138 ... 23456