Since I hate it when people don't come back and provide details for others to reference when they run into the same problem, I decided to come back and share my experience. I sent a request to AT&T to unlock the Passport. I tried to add a link but this site wouldn't allow me to post it (got some error saying that my message was spam). So I'll have to explain it in words. Go to the AT&T site, select Support, then Wireless and then choose Unlock my phone or tablet.

You need to pass a number of conditions before they will unlock it, such as:

General Requirements for All Unlock Requests
    � The device must be designed for use on, and locked to, the AT&T wireless network. (For help see Device Unlock Support )
    �It must not be reported lost or stolen.
    �It�s not associated with fraudulent activity.
    �All the device�s service commitments and installment plans are completed, and all early termination fees are paid in full.
    �The device is not currently active on a different AT&T customer�s account.
    �If you performed an early upgrade, you must wait the 14-day buyer�s remorse period before you can request to unlock your previous device.

Non-AT&T Mobility Customers
    �You�ve never had an AT&T wireless account and you meet the General Requirements for unlock requests.
    In my situation, I met the general requirements and was a non-AT&T customer (i'm in Canada). I submitted the request and had it back in less than 24 hours. I was actually pretty impressed with the service.

Hope this may help someone who is looking to do this as well. My device is unlocked and working well on Bell.
    raino and RoseBud68 like this.
    06-28-15 09:54 PM
    Since I hate it when people don't come back and provide details for others to reference when they run into the same problem, I decided to come back and share my experience. I sent a request to AT&T to unlock the Passport. I tried to add a link but this site wouldn't allow me to post it (got some error saying that my message was spam). So I'll have to explain it in words. Go to the AT&T site, select Support, then Wireless and then choose Unlock my phone or tablet.

You need to pass a number of conditions before they will unlock it, such as:

In my situation, I met the general requirements and was a non-AT&T customer (i'm in Canada). I submitted the request and had it back in less than 24 hours. I was actually pretty impressed with the service.

Hope this may help someone who is looking to do this as well. My device is unlocked and working well on Bell.
    Thank you for updating this thread. I also find it sad when people would not post details when they say they will.
    06-28-15 10:14 PM
    It's extremely easy to get an unlock code from AT&T if you are not a customer. Because of new legislation and cell phone unlocking laws (see CTIA consumer code from 2014), carriers are required to provide you a free unlock.

Just go to AT&T device unlock and type your IMEI in or call AT&T. They will send you an unlock code within 3 days.

No need to pay some third party site $50 or whatever.

BlackBizzle my nizzle // SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.798 // Cricket Wireless
    06-28-15 11:54 PM
    It's extremely easy to get an unlock code from AT&T if you are not a customer. Because of new legislation and cell phone unlocking laws (see CTIA consumer code from 2014), carriers are required to provide you a free unlock.
    They are not required to provide free unlocks to non-customers. They are required to unlock, but can charge a "reasonable" fee to non-customers. So far, they have chosen to not do that.

The website to request AT&T unlocks is att.com/deviceunlock
    RoseBud68 likes this.
    06-29-15 12:11 AM
    They are not required to provide free unlocks to non-customers. They are required to unlock, but can charge a "reasonable" fee to non-customers. So far, they have chosen to not do that.

I didn't know they could decide to charge, do you have a link to that info? Also, I tried to find something saying what the max number unlock requests can be. I'm assuming it's up to the carriers discretion, because what's going to prevent someone from just unlocking phones for commercial reasons and reselling them at higher prices?

I unlocked 2 passports within 30 days through AT&T, they didn't mention it at all. Maybe they would have if I asked for 5 unlocks.

BlackBizzle my nizzle // SQW100-1 // 10.3.2.798 // Cricket Wireless
    06-29-15 12:34 AM
    Where is the tutorial op said he's posting?

Posted via CB10
    06-29-15 02:17 AM
    I didn't know they could decide to charge, do you have a link to that info?
    Starting February 11, 2015, All Four Major US Carriers Will Let You SIM Unlock Your Phone - Here's The Fine Print

Can I be charged for unlocking a device?
    Only if you are not currently a customer of the carrier which you are petitioning to unlock a phone. Then, the carrier may charge a "reasonable" (yay vagueness) fee to unlock the device.
    06-29-15 09:04 AM

Hmm ... that is odd. I tried to post a link but it gave me an error and said it was treating my message as SPAM. Hence, I went with the narrative to explain it.

Thanks for all that you do Raino. Your input is always appreciated on this site.
    06-30-15 09:00 AM
    Is anyone else experiencing longer than normal delays with AT&T Passport unlock codes? It's now day 3 and no code and no replies when I send emails for updates. I ordered my code from blackberrycodesource.com.

Thank for any feedback

S.
    07-31-15 03:02 PM
    Hey,

Please email me Sean @ BlackberryCodeSource.com I will check and help asap
    07-31-15 06:26 PM
    I'm having the same problem as silauguy. Ordered from blackberrycodesource.com two days ago and haven't got any replies back from my emails.
    09-07-15 04:39 AM
    I used blackberrycodesource on mine, it took a week? a bit longer than I thought, but I didn't mind really. I was going to wait another week (2 weeks) before calling credit card company to cancel it. But they came through on the weekend, or I just didn't check email until then.

But with credit card protection, it isn't like there's much risk in ordering online anymore, just give them some time.
    09-07-15 08:34 PM
    Hi, anyone can tell me if I buy a new one from ebay (I live in Spain) will at&t send me the unlock code to make it work with vodafone?

Posted via CB10
    11-05-15 06:27 AM
    Hi, anyone can tell me if I buy a new one from ebay (I live in Spain) will at&t send me the unlock code to make it work with vodafone?
    If the phone you're buying from eBay is in good standing, AT&T will unlock it for free, within 2-3 business days. Here are the rules that define "good standing": att.com/deviceunlock
    Mauri5io likes this.
    11-05-15 12:46 PM
    Mine is unlocked
    11-05-15 02:45 PM
65 123