I switched to the PP from the Q10 and at first I was reeeaaally missing those symbols and alt key. But after using the PP kb for almost a year I can say that this is by far the superior kb. I briefly switched back to the Q10 just to give my wrists a bit of a rest (since the Passport is wide and heavy) and I ended up wondering how I ever used such a tiny keyboard! I barely went a week before going back to this wideness and huge screen. Such an upgrade to the old keyboards!

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    09-02-15 08:40 AM
    I switched to the PP from the Q10 and at first I was reeeaaally missing those symbols and alt key. But after using the PP kb for almost a year I can say that this is by far the superior kb. I briefly switched back to the Q10 just to give my wrists a bit of a rest (since the Passport is wide and heavy) and I ended up wondering how I ever used such a tiny keyboard! I barely went a week before going back to this wideness and huge screen. Such an upgrade to the old keyboards!

 = ♥ | 8220, 8530, 9670, 9810, Q10, Passport
    I'm the complete backwards: I have the Passport for half a year but have never tried the Q10, so I'm naturally curious about the keyboard. Always, even, because Passport's keyboard is not getting any softer. Still on the fence about selling my OG and get the SE.

BlackBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.2.2339 on Telkomsel Network
    09-02-15 08:56 AM
    Will the original screenprotectors fit the Silver Edition since it has less glass than the Original one?
    09-03-15 08:07 AM
    It took a few days to get used to when I first got it almost a year ago, coming from a Q10. But now I find it way easier, being touch sensitive and bigger so more space to move around. Best keyboard from BlackBerry so far.

Posted via the king of phones. The Passport.
    09-03-15 08:16 AM
    It took a few days to get used to when I first got it almost a year ago, coming from a Q10. But now I find it way easier, being touch sensitive and bigger so more space to move around. Best keyboard from BlackBerry so far.

Posted via the king of phones. The Passport.
    I can't wait to get it! It's in stock, yet, the cases are not, so I'll have to wait 2-4 workdays . I'm hoping I'll get it on thursday though!
    09-03-15 08:36 AM
    I find the passport better after getting used to it... I like the bigger keys... Tried typing on my 9900 and omg typos... The placement of space key feels natural on the passport for me as well.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 11:02 AM
    The size of the Passport keyboard is great. If it had a traditional 4-row layout, I have no doubt that it'd be the best BlackBerry keyboard so far. As it stands, the Q10 and Classic offer a more complete and comfortable experience.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 11:56 AM
    Love it I don't even need to look at it to type so I can text someone and maintain eye contact with a friend at the same time lol.

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 12:13 PM
    I've had a Passport for two weeks and it's half way in between for me.

Q10: Ideal, I can type when I'm not looking, and mash out messages in no time at all.

Passport: I was worried I would miss the ALT key, but actually you just swipe on the keyboard and press a physical key to add punctuation. So it's actually still a good experience. I find the PP keyboard slightly too big to reach all the keys with, even though I use both hands. Typing is slightly slower than on my Q10, at the moment.

Touch screen keyboard: The worst experience of all for me, I can't stand it.
    09-03-15 12:28 PM
    It's absolutely better than the standard keyboard, takes time to learn, but then it's just wow!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-15 12:46 PM
    My BlackBerry phone history is both Torch sliders, the Z10 and now the original Passport. The adjustment from the virtual back to the physical was not as hard as I thought it would be. The accuracy of what you type on the physical keyboard is unmatched by any virtual, even BlackBerry's virtual which is the best of all virtual's available. It did take a while to get used to the swiping on the Physical. It has a different feel than the virtual, and it took me a while to be able to do it without accidentally hitting the on screen punctuation suggestions.

I love this keyboard over the older toolbelt or the four row keyboards. It is really quite productive and intuitive to use in its design. I love the capacitve capabilities, especially when it comes to scrolling thru documents or through Web pages.

The keyboard and size is perfect for two handed thumb typing. Frankly I think this is the best BlackBerry I have ever owned. Easy to hold. Easy to type on. Fits perfectly in a shirt, suit, or special tech pocket of my cargo shorts.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    09-03-15 12:51 PM
    I prefer the BlackBerry Passport keyboard over any mobile keyboard

CB10 on Passport 10.3.2
    09-03-15 12:54 PM
    I had the exact same reservations as you. The alarm thing really does not let you feel the device good. It made me doubt the keyboard itself as well. I have had the device for a few days now and I can't tell you what a major difference it is from the experience in the shop. Plus, the elevated keyboard of the SE feels really well placed.

It is quite different compared to BlackBerry 10 VKB and Classic PKB. And some letters take some getting used to because your muscles don't remember certain movements yet, especially on the right side of the keyboard. But you know what? It really works for this device. The keys are soft enough for an easy push and clicky enough to provide that much appreciated feedback of pushing a button.

Add the gestures and shortcuts and all and you'll be very pleased with the keyboard.
    09-03-15 03:03 PM
    Didn't even take me a day to get used to, now I love it. Not even sure that I could go back. Had a little learning curve on my swipe up technique, so that I wouldn't hit the virtual row, but I'm sorted now.

Posted via CB10
    I did that too at first. So used to the big VKB I make these long swipes. I figured I should initiate the swipes from the bottom chin instead of somewhere on the keyboard. Never hit the virtual row by accident since.
    09-03-15 03:06 PM
    It's a curve ball and you get used to it just like in every other thing. I love it BTW.

Posted via CA Governor's BlackBerry Passport SE
    09-04-15 01:50 PM
40 12