So, I absolutely love my Passport, mostly for texting and e-mails, and other stuff. But, I'm thinking of buying the Key2 soon. Are there any fans of the Passport who actually prefer the Key2 over the Passport? If so, why?

Posted via CB10
    07-26-20 09:06 PM
    I'm sure everyone prefers having the google app store and a fully functioning browser
    johnb_xp and John Albert like this.
    07-26-20 09:14 PM
    So, I absolutely love my Passport, mostly for texting and e-mails, and other stuff. But, I'm thinking of buying the Key2 soon. Are there any fans of the Passport who actually prefer the Key2 over the Passport? If so, why?

Posted via CB10
    I think the answer is obvious for those that need a full-functioning smartphone.

Keep in mind you're moving from one unsupported device to one that is unlikely to see any more security patches. Just know what you're getting into. Android is not like BB10 - people actually use it, so it gets studied for exploits relentlessly. Security patches are important.
    rarsen likes this.
    07-26-20 09:23 PM
    Excellent advice Conite! Thanks!

Posted via CB10
    07-26-20 10:02 PM
    BTW, do you think i'll be safe using the Key2 if I only use text messages, web browser, and the camera?

I really don't plan to use anything else. If there are gonna be security exploits, I'm thinking that will only happen if I use other Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    07-26-20 11:59 PM
    BTW, do you think i'll be safe using the Key2 if I only use text messages, web browser, and the camera?

I really don't plan to use anything else. If there are gonna be security exploits, I'm thinking that will only happen if I use other Android apps.

Posted via CB10
    Just like on a computer, careful usage can go a long way to keeping you out of trouble.
    07-27-20 12:06 AM
    After a year and a half with the Key2 I switched back to my Passport and extremely happy I did. The Key2 is nice no doubt and brings a little bit (in some cases very little) of the BB10 experience to android. However, after going back to my Passport SE I see very clearly what Android simply can’t or will not deliver on.

The 1st thing is the Hub. Let’s face it there is nothing better than the original BB10 Hub experience. It’s completely intergraded into the system where you can text email call reply from the BB10 Hub. Unlike the android version for example text message has to go through a 3rd party app which almost make the Android version of the hub useless.

Another reason I’m glad to be back with my Passport are the Active Frames. I know this a little thing but if it’s good enough for iOS 10 and Android Pie to copy, Blackberry 10 had something going it with the Active Frames.

Lastly I never thought much about it before but the call quality is in my opinion much better than the Key2. I remember when I 1st got the Key2 it sounded like a walkie talkie compared to the Passport.

These a few things I missed about my Passport that made me switch back to it.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-20 01:10 PM
    Based on videos I've seen, the Key2 appears to have a better camera than the Passport. The security locker, privacy shade, fingerprint scanner, and DTEK features also seem kinda cool, and that's why I wanna give it a try.

Posted via CB10
    07-29-20 02:26 PM
    After my K2 broke, I jumped back to my trusty OG Passport. (don't have a nano Sim holder for my Q10, otherwise I'd go that route).

- The BB10 hub and OS is a much more fluid experience. I love the unified settings, aggregated messages, the quick settings, the gestures, the cursor... everything is better from a UI perspective by MILES.

- Much nicer screen.

- Less junk vying for my time.

- Having a real BlackBerry in my hand. It feels high quality and nice

Dislikes:
    - For whatever reason, my connection is not as good on the Passport and my service cuts in and out more frequently.

- K2 keyboard is nicer. I like 4 row and I think the OG Passport keyboard is shallow and harder to press.

- I miss ctr + a, v, c functionality on Android

- Missing google maps and some other practical apps.

- It's slower than the K2.

Sames:
    - Sizes both **** me off for different reasons; one's too tall, one's too fat. Wish I could use my Q10 instead (that's my favorite overall phone of all time)

Overall, I'd say the K2 was a more useful phone, but the Passport is a better phone .. if that makes any sense.
    07-29-20 10:35 PM
    i miss the screen size of my passport but love the browser of my k2
    07-30-20 09:07 AM
    I moved from the Passport to a Key2. I can say that I much prefer the Key2 mostly because of Android Auto. If it wasn't for that, I could probably still do with the Passport.
    07-30-20 09:20 AM