My Passport makes the sound in Silent mode when I receive messages

My friend's Z30 doesn't ring on Normal mode. We compared our settings and both look the same but different problem? What's going on?

Posted via CB10
    You may check Customize App notification settings for each profile. Sometimes you have the Silent Profile, but you can customize for a particular contact/app to still notify you a sound.

Posted via my Pretty WhiteBerry Passport SQW100-1/10.3.1.2267 (from10.3.0.1418)
    02-21-15 06:57 PM
    Go to your profile and then select 'override profile volume' on each app and set it the way you want.

Long winded but I'm happy now.
    This worked for me. Thanks again.

Posted via CB10
    02-21-15 07:19 PM
    If all else still fails, wear a hearing aid.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    02-21-15 07:27 PM
    If all else still fails, wear a hearing aid.

PasaportePilipinasSQW100-1/10.3.1.2267
    Priceless.
    02-23-15 10:37 AM
    This is strange, I have no low volume problem or flickering. Am I the only one with a perfect update?
    You are not alone.
    02-23-15 10:39 AM
    Helping a few people out with the issue. Turn notification volume to max and wait for an update or switch phones. Whatever. Not the first time a bug makes it into an official update. Shouldn't happen but it does and it isn't a BlackBerry only thing.

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 02:02 PM
    I have tried everything to correct the issue...blackberry needs to be more thorough before they release something as an "update" as this is going backwards.

Adjusting main media volume or notification volume settings does not work, soft or hard boot ups do not work, wiping the phone does not correct it and doing a complete reload through Link does not resolve the issue!

The only thing I have not tried is an autoloader and I will when I get a chance.

I do have a question for BlackBerry though, is this the kind of frustration and effort your customers should have to put up with and put in to have their devices work as they should out of the gate.

I have never loaded a leak and always waited for the official to avoid these pitfalls....blackberry has to get it together!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 05:12 PM
    I autoloaded back and mostly everthing as normal, but seems like the memory card must have been changed because it's unfeasible now as I went back...I think that's what's going on anyways. I am so dissapointed in BlackBerry for the amount of bugs in that crappy release!

Posted via CB10
    02-23-15 05:24 PM
    same here, bevfore the update it was so loud it made you jump out your skin when a notification went off, but now after update, it sounds like its coming from an iphone.
    02-23-15 05:35 PM
    Helping a few people out with the issue. Turn notification volume to max and wait for an update or switch phones. Whatever. Not the first time a bug makes it into an official update. Shouldn't happen but it does and it isn't a BlackBerry only thing.

Posted via CB10
    Yes. Give blackberry a break. There are lots of examples where apple and android have made the phone unusable and 'experts' recommend using another device as the best solution until the bug is fixed.

Can i now ask one of those 'experts' to provide an example please....
    02-24-15 12:24 AM
    Has anyone with this issue tried loading the 2480 leak? I'm wondering if they managed to fix it alongside the flickering.

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 10:58 AM
    I have done what I have seen some others do and load MP3 tones to my passport and used them for my call, email text etc notifications and once doing this they sound LOUD ! as loud as it did below, its a long way round it but a few minutes work and we can all hear your passports again !
    02-24-15 12:13 PM
    I don't know, I think nothing changed for me. I just updated and the volumes are still normal

Posted via CB10
    02-24-15 12:41 PM
    It's not just the sound the ringtones in all notifications only last about 5sec with no repeat on my new passport since update
    02-24-15 01:44 PM
    I think you're insulting some of the posters. I have the same problem too and have tried everything. And I'm not new to BB either. This is quite irritating because I'm often in louder settings at work and have missed A LOT of calls and messages lately. Vibrate only goes so far if your phone is in your coveralls.
    02-27-15 07:56 AM
    When i go to CB site the volume is much lower when I access the site initially!!!

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:05 AM
    Notification! Volume very low after the software upgrade

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 08:51 AM
    Has Blackberry commented on this? This is complete BS. I just got my new Passport and i didn't turn off auto updates and as soon as I plugged the phone in I walked away to let it charge. I came back to find it installed the download and the notification volume is completely unacceptable. I guess I'm sending this back as I can't use a phone that I can't hear alerts on.
    02-27-15 03:55 PM
    Call BlackBerry Before you send it they may have a way to fix it.

Posted via CB10
    02-27-15 06:30 PM
    I have the same problem I have in full volume but sometimes I still can't hear. I was wondering if my hearing has gone haywire. I'm glad it's not me lol.
    I use my Q10 as my alarm clock. Today I didn't even hear it thus I'm late for my appointment. Even if I put before under the other pillow I can still hear it now nothing :s. I hope they can fix it soon or I will have to buy myself a proper alarm clock.

Posted via Q10
    02-27-15 09:59 PM
    I have the same problem I have in full volume but sometimes I still can't hear. I was wondering if my hearing has gone haywire. I'm glad it's not me lol.
    I use my Q10 as my alarm clock. Today I didn't even hear it thus I'm late for my appointment. Even if I put before under the other pillow I can still hear it now nothing :s. I hope they can fix it soon or I will have to buy myself a proper alarm clock.

Posted via Q10
    I upgraded my Q10 last night, and it now has the low notification volume problem. I am optimistic that BlackBerry will release an update that fixes it soon!
    02-28-15 10:25 AM
    I upgraded my Q10 last night, and it now has the low notification volume problem. I am optimistic that BlackBerry will release an update that fixes it soon!
    I'd like for them to at least acknowledge this problem. The fact that they haven't makes me a little worried.
    02-28-15 10:37 AM
    I'd like for them to at least acknowledge this problem. The fact that they haven't makes me a little worried.
    Ya, that will be good, similar to their acknowledgment of the Passport's screen flickering.
    02-28-15 10:57 AM
    For users who are experiencing low notification volume on 10.3.1 have you tried going into Settings, Notifications, then increasing the volume there to max, then tapping on the profile that you would like to use, e.g. Normal then tapping Reset Apps?

Posted via CB10
    02-28-15 11:28 AM
    For users who are experiencing low notification volume on 10.3.1 have you tried going into Settings, Notifications, then increasing the volume there to max, then tapping on the profile that you would like to use, e.g. Normal then tapping Reset Apps?

Posted via CB10
    I'm so sick of hearing this.

8 days without a usable phone, no fix, missing calls every day.

Absolute joke
    KR2013 likes this.
    03-02-15 10:30 PM
105 12345