I've never been a fan of screen protectors, as it ruins the feel and look of the screen. Just wondering what people are doing for their Passport, any recommendations if you are or aren't. Does the screen scratch easily or not? Thanks.
    10-03-14 03:41 PM
    Under normal usage, I have never had a scratch on my screen... so going the route that works best, no screen protector. A waste in my opinion.

However, I don't place anything in the pocket with the phone, other than paper or wallet. No key, no change, nothing.

Haven't had an issue yet... it's gorilla glass, which is very scratch resistant...

Best of luck.
    marzfreerider likes this.
    10-03-14 03:43 PM
    I believe the Passport has Gorilla Glass: My original Nexus 7 2012 edition does NOT have Gorilla Glass and has nasty scratches across the front, but I've never had to use a screen protector on a device with "real" Gorilla Glass, and the Passport is no exception: a case to protect from drop damage, yes, but not a screen protector.
    10-03-14 03:46 PM
    Man I need this screen protector so I can throw this bad boy around!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 03:56 PM
    I am confused, doesn't the phone come with a screen protector from factory? Or you mean you removed it and want to put an new one on?

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 04:02 PM
    I like the friction the Blackberry screen protector added that came with the hard shell.
    10-03-14 04:09 PM
    The 2.5D effect of the gorilla glass is going to make it hard to find a screen protector that will stay in place all the way to the corners and at the same time give you the "natural" tactile feedback.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 04:10 PM
    I like the friction the Blackberry screen protector added that came with the hard shell.
    Yes that is an excellent screen protector. I couldn't even tell it was on there...

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 04:15 PM
    Even with the gorrillglass YES. I put one on before walking out of the store!

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 04:15 PM
    Never used one with my Q10 and it is has nary a scratch anywhere, so doubtful I'll use one with my Passport.
    10-03-14 05:57 PM
    Nope not using a screen protector on mine...never used one on my z30 either and not a scratch on mine.

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 06:45 PM
    I am confused, doesn't the phone come with a screen protector from factory? Or you mean you removed it and want to put an new one on?

Posted via CB10
    No phone has ever come with a screen protector from factory besides the little slip that's over it to keep it okay during shipping. You're supposed to take it off since it interferes with typing/touching the screen and isn't easily visible through. :P

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    10-03-14 08:46 PM
    I have never used one and don't want to.

Sent from my Passport using Tapatalk
    10-03-14 08:54 PM
    I have had a Passort for months, no screen protector, no case. Dropped it a few times. No scratches. I keep it in pocket, no keys with it. I wouldn't worry about it, I read it was Gorilla Glass 3.
    10-03-14 09:12 PM
    No phone has ever come with a screen protector from factory besides the little slip that's over it to keep it okay during shipping. You're supposed to take it off since it interferes with typing/touching the screen and isn't easily visible through. :P

Z10STL100-3/10.3.0.1052
    Well, this is an amazing discovery for me... I have had a Z30 for almost a year and I didn't remove the protection screen that comes with the device (with the little red triangle at the right bottom corner)... and I thought I had an screen protection on... actually, it has worked so well for me that even when I ordered a new one I never put it on... amazing...

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 09:16 PM
    Well, this is an amazing discovery for me... I have had a Z30 for almost a year and I didn't remove the protection screen that comes with the device (with the little red triangle at the right bottom corner)... and I thought I had an screen protection on... actually, it has worked so well for me that even when I ordered a new one I never put it on... amazing...
    Aahahhahaha yeah, it does sometimes come fitting so well that it looks like it supposed to be there That's good though! Take what you can for free :P
    10-03-14 09:21 PM
    Aahahhahaha yeah, it does sometimes come fitting so well that it looks like it supposed to be there That's good though! Take what you can for free :P
    Oh well, let me laugh at myself hahaha

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 09:33 PM
    Oh well, let me laugh at myself hahaha
    The only reason I mentioned that is because my friend had done the exact same thing!
    It happens, it'll be an interesting story to tell your friends! :P
    10-03-14 09:35 PM
    I put a ghost armor matte screen protector on. I didn't like it at first but it's grown on me

Posted via CB10
    10-03-14 11:29 PM
    I'm a make phone guy too. Unless it's going in a bag for a long time, or on a run or a hike.

I paid $700 for a phone, if I mess it up, THEN I'll cover it with a $30 case.

Owned a cell phone for 14 years now, cracked a screen just once on a z10. But my gf did that. She felt really bad for not letting her pay $200 for a new screen, she bought me a flat screen for my new apartment.

So yeah, can't say I had a bad experience.

Passport || Fido
    Outrunner likes this.
    10-04-14 12:42 AM
    I'm not using one. I did intend to get one but the only one that I have found are just horribly expensive for a mere plastic sheet. I mean 15€ + shipping cost... let's be serious... I'll wait for generic screen protectors to be produced for the Passport.
    In the mean time I made a leather pouch out of a portable hard drive pouch that I had. i'm considering buying a generic passport protective sleeve
    10-04-14 02:59 AM

Posted via CB10
    Hehe this

Posted via Q10Bold
    10-04-14 03:39 AM
    Never used screen protectors...
    but this time around I won't have any pouch for who knows how many months... so, along with the Passport I bought this: Crystalusion Liquid Glass Protection - Expansys.com UK

I don't yet know how it performs, it comes on Monday.
    10-04-14 03:42 AM
    but this time around I won't have any pouch for who knows how many months... so, along with the Passport I bought this: Crystalusion Liquid Glass Protection - Expansys.com UK

Isn't it filed under the iPhone 5 accessories ?
    10-04-14 05:03 AM

Let us know how it works out for you, pretty interested in this myself and for 8 uk pounds that's not too expensive.

Posted via CB10
    10-04-14 05:36 AM
41 12