I've had my glorious Passport for over a week now but I realized I wasn't getting LTE. I had taken the phone into AT&T to get it all set up but looks like they missed an important detail.

There was another thread on LTE saying something about dummy IMEIs but that isn't the issue.

You need to go to:

Settings
    Networks & Connections
    Mobile Network
    APN (little gear at the bottom of the screen)
    Then you need to type "ATT Phone" in username.
    Leave password blank.

Then save it.

You know you get LTE when you see the little BlackBerry icon next to 4G in the upper right of your main screen.

This took about four techs almost an hour to figure out at the store.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:37 PM
    How many times were you offered an iPhone while they did that?

Posted via CB10
    AnimalPak200 and nbaliga like this.
    10-09-14 10:41 PM
    How many times were you offered an iPhone while they did that?

Posted via CB10
    Lol...

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:44 PM
    lol. What is the correct APN to enter??!!

? BlackBerry Z30 ? If it Don't Make Dollars, It don't Make Sense ?
    10-09-14 10:45 PM
    If you only see 4G, then you're not getting LTE. It will say LTE when you get LTE.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:46 PM
    I just tried that (even though I get LTE), and it doesn't really save the username edit. Weird.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:49 PM
    Well they said if you see the BlackBerry logo that is a sign you are getting LTE but you may be right and I'm not getting it yet and they don't know what they're talking about.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:50 PM
    Yes very strange that it doesn't save the username. Anyway the performance of my browsing doubled after doing this so something is different.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:51 PM
    They said they had no idea when they would be getting the phone. I got a lot of attention from other customers.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 10:54 PM
    For anyone not getting AT&T LTE on their Passport-img_20141002_191337.jpg

Posted via CB10
    zamboni08 likes this.
    10-09-14 11:02 PM
    Well I guess I'm not getting LTE. Any help would be appreciated. The AT&T folks obviously don't know what they're talking about.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 11:10 PM
    I tried to post a little on this in another thread, but it got deleted accidentally. I talked on the phone with a higher up rep who stated that the Passport IMEIs should now work for LTE as they were in the process of adding the phone to their network or something like that. Unfortunately, he also stated that they may not officially carry it as in stores, online, etc.

This rep seemed very knowledgeable, even on BB10 while admitting he was a Nexus fanatic (if I remember correctly, it was Nexus), and was aware that it was a AT&T exclusive, but the way he explained it one would have to buy outright through shopblackberry, Amazon, third-party, etc. and it would be recognized on their network for full use. He explained it to me like whatever brand of Android devices you can only purchase through Google or third-parties that AT&T fully supports (I forget the name of some of the device examples he had given).

Also, when I was in the AT&T company store I was assured I would get LTE as the Passport issue has been worked on and if I did not I would be able to use my mother's AT&T Z10 IMEI even while she still has it in use (I was coming over from Verizon so they were more than happy to accommodate me). Apparently, according to both, AT&T is trying to cut down on giving dummy IMEIs out unless absolutely necessary as well as activating any device without using that device's IMEI number. For those switching I would definitely recommend searching their website and making sure you go to a company store (this is labeled on their site when you do a local search).

This all came from a customer rep supervisor and the company store manager as well, but take it for what it is worth; possibly not much of anything lol.
    10-09-14 11:22 PM
    Well I guess I'm not getting LTE. Any help would be appreciated. The AT&T folks obviously don't know what they're talking about.

Posted via CB10
    This is my first time trying AT&T (been with VZW forever). Ironically when I first set up my Passport at home I didn't get LTE, so I did all sorts of troubleshooting. Eventually I drove down to the closest AT&T store and as I stepped out the car, I glanced at my phone and saw the LTE indicator.

Maybe try the sim card with another LTE capable AT&T device, just to verify that you're not in a 4G-only area.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 11:28 PM

Posted via CB10
    If it does not say LTE you are not getting it as mentioned and shown in the picture posted. Are you sure you are in a LTE area for AT&T? If so, how long ago was your Passport activated? I activated mine this week with my IMEI number with full LTE as I was told by AT&T would be the case. The customer rep I spoke with on the phone that I mentioned above stated that if I did activate and was not able to receive LTE that there would definitely be an update in their system and it should activate LTE on all of the Passports on their network. Not sure if he was correct, but maybe this was not done yet on their part. I do know there are people now activating their Passport on AT&T and getting full LTE as of this week, like myself with a brand new SIM (coming from Verizon)... I guess at this point you could discuss with technical support as advised from the front page post on how to get LTE on AT&T posted by Bla1ze not too long ago. Were you able to find that? It was an interesting read as I feared I would be unable to get LTE as well, but to my surprise I am getting full LTE. Check out that article, there are a few workarounds.
    corstr likes this.
    10-09-14 11:32 PM
    I'm sure I'm in an LTE area. Got it set up about ten days ago. Here I thought I was posting a solution, looks like I'm still in need of one!

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 11:44 PM
    They tried the dummy IMEI and that didn?t make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-14 11:45 PM
    Sounds like they are just fumbling along, trying to be "helpful". Dummy should have worked. I'm using Tmo in nyc and getting LTE fine, it will display 4GLTE if you connect.

I will eventually switch my VZW Q10 number to ATT once they get this worked out. For now data on PP and Q for calls. Even after 8 hours of PP time it is really hard to look at my little Q screen with the love I had for it this morning.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 12:59 AM
    They tried the dummy IMEI and that didn?t make a difference.

Posted via CB10
    Have you (or they) tried inserting the SIM card into an AT&T branded LTE capable phone? Might be an issue with the SIM card, so always good to rule that out.

Posted via CB10
    10-10-14 08:08 AM
    Had mine setup yesterday. It took the guy a few tries to get it going.

He had to reboot the phone 3 times before I got LTE and signal.

They( another guy working there) said, it can take a few minutes for the system (ATT) to update with the new info.

In your case, I would try a different ATT store.
    10-10-14 10:01 AM