So is it real gold? Or just fake gold?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 07:14 AM
    I was the 51st person to order it.
    Peter Johnson4 likes this.
    01-22-15 08:10 AM
    So nobody got one ,the joke seems to be on us,the 50 phones are for Samy execs,haha
    7onZ likes this.
    01-22-15 08:15 AM
    I will remove the metal trims from mine, strip the Cr and TiN coat them and I will have a gold plated BB for el cheapo...
    I thought it was the actual internal fame, not just the trim

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 09:42 AM
    Either the price was too low or the quantity was too low. However, as I am sure it was a pure marketing effort to keep BlackBerry and the Passport in the headlines for another day it was successful.

Next up (insert precious metal), 100 at $1199?

Posted via CB10
    7onZ likes this.
    01-22-15 09:58 AM

Posted via CB10
    It's fake gold.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 11:18 AM
    Stupid blackberry.....not making your limited edition device available in far less limited numbers! A lot of people seem to be missing the concept of a limited edition entirely.

Posted via CB10
    You thought the concept of limited edition was to make you feel as if you were in an exclusive club? How funny!

Limited Edition is a marketing gimmick to make corporations money and Blackberry could have made out with a lot more than $15000 extra dollars if it were smart.
    01-22-15 11:43 AM
    HEY WAIT A MINUTE!? What about an all black stealth special edition Passport. Maybe in time for the james bond movie!?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 12:27 PM
    HEY WAIT A MINUTE!? What about an all black stealth special edition Passport. Maybe in time for the james bond movie!?

Posted via CB10
    That's a good idea, but they can make only 10. And then they will round the corners and make 15
    01-22-15 01:26 PM
    The next limited edition is going to be made of an iron/carbon alloy.
    01-22-15 02:31 PM
    This was a marketing exercise. It had nothing to do with making money or it would have been 500 or 1000.
    01-22-15 07:36 PM
    You thought the concept of limited edition was to make you feel as if you were in an exclusive club? How funny!

Limited Edition is a marketing gimmick to make corporations money and Blackberry could have made out with a lot more than $15000 extra dollars if it were smart.
    Of course making an item limited is marketing! Who said it wasn't? But it's not exactly a limited edition if they made a million of them is it. What is this exclusive club you seem to think I mentioned as well?! You do an awful lot of assuming for someone who clearly didn't understand my post.

BlackBerry obviously didn't do it to make money. Volkswagen lost money on every single Veyron they made....but it was a marketing dream. So are volkswagen not 'smart', like you seem to think BlackBerry aren't?

Posted via CB10
    01-22-15 07:45 PM
    Yep. Its as exciting as my very first BB, which was the first BB--an 850. Might put it on EBay as I already have a Passport. It's going to be a hard decision.
    01-22-15 11:17 PM
    50 may seem like a low number. But it probably a lot higher of a percentage of total BlackBerry users then we want to admit. This is probably just to judge the demand and maybe another batch of 500 or 1000 will be made. The original 50 are still more valuable because they were the first 50 and are easily distinguished by the x/50 marking.

It's not like it says 'limited edition' and they are making an infinite amount as a gimmic

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 01:01 AM
    Yep. Its as exciting as my very first BB, which was the first BB--an 850. Might put it on EBay as I already have a Passport. It's going to be a hard decision.
    Which number did you get?

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 01:12 AM
    The Red is Limited??? Not very hard to get one of those...I'm typing on one!

Posted via CB10
    Yes...

BlackBerry - Limited Edition Red BlackBerry Passport - via SuperTube for BlackBerry 10!

:-D

�   2015 - already in full swing - berry good ...   �
    01-23-15 02:51 AM
    Now you see what I mean about the bad decisions??? Only 50???!!!!!! 50 for the entire world????? Who is taking those decisions in the company?
    Even Ferrari when they made the Ferrari Laferrari limited edition, they made 499, but... 50!!!!!!!!!!????????
    Always make one less than you think you can sell, that way someone always wants it...

PassportSQW100-1/10.3.0.1418
    jojo beaconsfield likes this.
    01-23-15 04:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    Fake gold
    It's painted, not plated

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 05:18 AM
    I would have loved to have gotten my hand on this!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    01-23-15 06:07 AM
    Haha some people will never be satisfied. How would it be a limited edition if it's not "limited" and difficult to get your hands on?

Posted via CB10
    Let's be real, 50 units @ CDN$999 was a ridiculously low amount for the entire "BlackBerry loyalists". The logic simply doesn't make sense.
    01-23-15 07:31 AM
    If you're being serious... let me know. I'll buy it.

Posted Securely Via BlackBerry Scarlet Passport.
    01-23-15 07:37 AM
    Let's be real, 50 units @ CDN$999 was a ridiculously low amount for the entire "BlackBerry loyalists". The logic simply doesn't make sense.
    Just the fact that you are saying that it's ridiculously low means that they produced the right amount. You have to understand that it's a LIMITED edition.

It wouldn't be LIMITED if everyone that wanted one could put their hands on it!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-15 10:33 AM
    [QUOTE=jojo beaconsfield;11282675]So nobody got one ,the joke seems to be on us,the 50 phones are for Samy execs,haha[/QUOTE

can't answer that -- mine just arrived though.

don't know the number as I'm not opening it yet! what I will say is that I ordered it when the "Buy" button worked, and this was before the story appeared on CB. I know enough about on-line ordering to jump on something right away if I want it. after I ordered there were 23 left.
    01-23-15 10:54 AM
    If you're being serious... let me know. I'll buy it.

I am. It was shipped yesterday. Should have it today! I bought it as soon as I saw the BB newsfeed post on FB, which was apparently moments before it hit here.
    I've decided to put it on EBay. I'll see what the Market is as ultimately that would be the cost for me to own it. I don't know what the number is and don't even know I'll be able to know without opening it which I wont--Im sure the purchaser wants to do that as well as decide if they want to disclose the number/50 (If I do indeed let it go). Worst decision ever to have to make!
    01-23-15 11:04 AM
    I am. It was shipped yesterday. Should have it today! I bought it as soon as I saw the BB newsfeed post on FB, which was apparently moments before it hit here.
    I've decided to put it on EBay. I'll see what the Market is as ultimately that would be the cost for me to own it. I don't know what the number is and don't even know I'll be able to know without opening it which I wont--Im sure the purchaser wants to do that as well as decide if they want to disclose the number/50 (If I do indeed let it go). Worst decision ever to have to make!
    It's not a tough choice. Sell it. I'll buy it. I don't fool around. Pin me directly..... 2BF87126

01-23-15 11:44 AM
61 123